Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,238,033 times

Advertisements

The Big Bounce- good fun comedy
Tropic Thunder= watched the first ten minutes and had to turn it off
After the Sunset= absolutely amazing had me hooked the whole movie

Old 02-10-2014, 03:28 AM

197 posts, read 233,923 times
Default Harsh Times

A movie that I saw on television called Harsh Times starring Christian Bale and which was made in 2005.(Therefore, I don't know if it was made before or after he made Batman Begins.)

It was a very dark and tragic and crazy movie and at first I thought that it was American Psycho, but I remembered that AP took place in an office building and this movie didn't.

Also this is the type of movie that if you're at home doing something else and it comes on and you start watching some of it, it will either make you stop what you're doing and watch the rest of the movie, or record it and watch the rest of it at another time.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:44 AM

126,290 posts, read 19,074,632 times
We started watching House of Cards Season 1 on Netflix

Old 02-10-2014, 02:06 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,471,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
The Lego movie with the kids.
How was it, it looks funny enough that older, (real old,) kiddos might enjoy it.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:04 PM

22,349 posts, read 29,465,198 times
Dallas Buyers Club

Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,847,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
How was it, it looks funny enough that older, (real old,) kiddos might enjoy it.

My brother,aged 40, took his child to see it and the Legos were for the kids and the humor was for adults. Sort of an old style Warner Bros. cartoon. Same with a number of acquaintainces who took their kids and loved as much but for the reasons above.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,471,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
My brother,aged 40, took his child to see it and the Legos were for the kids and the humor was for adults. Sort of an old style Warner Bros. cartoon. Same with a number of acquaintainces who took their kids and loved as much but for the reasons above.
Just hearing Will Arnett doing that batman voice piece cracked me up in the trailers, so at first, I almost thought it was geared to an older growd, but then realized, no, no, no, these are legos, legos = little kids right, maybe. Like that stopped me before.

I'm Batman.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:21 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,561,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Monument Men
Just saw Monument Men last night. I found the performances by such an all star cast to be very disappointing with the exception of Cate Blanchett, she lent credibility to the fact this was all based on a true story.

Matt Damon was dry, Clooney simply irritatedly arrogant. However, Bill Murray did a good job playing a serious character, comedy comes so natural to him, Goodman was dry. The script was horrendous so I suppose everyone didn't have much to work with....lines like: "but I like the tie..." Matt Damon played like he was in a SNL Skit.

Visually, they did a great job, the sets were fabulous, as was the breathtaking on-location shoot up in the Bavarian Alps. However, the patronizing of the German solders were unnecessary to the film. And the numbers were way off, ie: "the Russians lost 20 million people in the war"....figures put that number closer to 60 million.

If you go see this for Historical value, be prepared for American War Propaganda Machine, and for unrealistic battlefront scenes, ie: Battle of the Bulge. They shot this like a episode of MASH at the very end of the Korean War, complete with Cheese and Crackers from home. Maybe this all male cast with the exception of Cate, would be more at home with a "Last Vegas" sequel...

Old 02-10-2014, 10:33 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,561,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Since I sit and watch movies on DVD half of every day, maybe I should simply list the 2 dozen or so I watch most often (like one right after the other!)
Staring with four movies made from Tom Clancy books - Sum of All Fears, Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games and Clear And Present Danger
Both of the National Treasure movies
Timeline (from a novel by Michael Crichton
Sahara
Harry Potter (all five currently available)
Lord of the Rings trilogy (been known to watch all nine hours in a single sitting!)
Both of the Chronicles of Narnia movies - The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe & Prince Caspian (which I'm watching the end of as I type)
Benjamin Button (had it for a month and have watched it probably eight times already!)
Golden Compass
Tin Man (actually a made-for-tv from the Sci-Fi Channel - love it so much I've watched it daily for the last six weeks!)

Every once in a while I throw in one or two of the other 300 or so DVDs I own, but the above are my constant companions while I play on the computer.
Planning on my son taking me to see the new Harry Potter for my birthday next month - will be the first time in 15 years I've watched a movie in the theater!

Have you seen the new Tom Clancy flick, "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit"?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,390,611 times
Finished season six of Dexter. Awsome! Love it! My favorite serial killer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies