Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 PM

71 posts, read 72,856 times

Advertisements

You're right CFF, we're out that direction, sorta, kinda (being very cagey about where exactly we live because it's cool to be cagey, nothing to do with OPSEC, heh,heh). Looks like the storm walloped into Garfield Bay, messed up the marina, broke up a bunch of trees and dumped them on the houses then took a track out our way, hit the lake and then headed north to pound Sunnyside. The closer we got to home, the more damage we saw. Got pretty nervous but when we finally made it up the hill, we saw the house and garage had escaped anything brutal.
So nice to hang out here on the porch...would be even nicer if it were summer. (She said with a raised eyebrow- meaning the sarcasm is now activated) Where's my sweater?
MBL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 07:50 PM

71 posts, read 72,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
<peering at map>

But I'm in the southern half of Montana.... did he have his map upsidedown??

Probably....

Old 08-23-2014, 08:14 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,103,899 times
Hi everyone! You might not remember me, but I'd posted in the fall about moving to Montana from Maine. We've been here now since November and are still loving it, although I admit I will miss Fall in New England. Hoping to get back to CD and be more of a regular in the MT forum and a couple of others!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:16 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
May have spoke too soon. Miserable day, thinking of starting the heat. Clouds kind of cleared a bit and the mountains have some white on top. Way to early for that stuff.
I'm not a big fan of snow, and I still have to get my winter's firewood, but after that blast furnace summer we had, I am actually enjoying the more pleasant temperatures today.

It was actually nice working with the forge today

Old 08-23-2014, 08:18 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck Boots Lady View Post
Hello! Good Morning! Anybody home? It's 50 degrees out and sunny here but I don't want to sit on my porch because there are big black ants all over. Hoping I could come sit over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Hi everyone! You might not remember me, but I'd posted in the fall about moving to Montana from Maine. We've been here now since November and are still loving it, although I admit I will miss Fall in New England. Hoping to get back to CD and be more of a regular in the MT forum and a couple of others!
Welcome to the porch Ladies
Nice to have some new faces around here. Been pretty quiet around here the past few months.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Welcome back to the only place that fresh coffee is on 24/7. Look forward to the added banter.

Speaking of snow, about three years ago, my cousin came over so we could do a little camping. It was in the upper 90's here at my cabin, so we decided to head up to Freeze Out Point. Threw my lite tent, my 20° sleeping bag, cooking utensils, fishing gear and we headed out with the 4 wheelers on the trailer.

We found a good place to set up camp. Gathered some rocks for a good fire ring and then drug up a minimum amount of wood, we were just going to use it to cook with and have coffee and breakfast in the morning.

Now when they say 20° bag,, they mean 20 degrees less than the July temps in Las Vegas.

We crawled in our sleeping bags about 10 because it was getting chilly and also we wanted to get an early start. By midnight the temp had dropped into the low 20's. By 3 am, ElkHunter was out with a flashlight gathering more wood. It was snowing hard and the wind had come up. It was August 22.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:24 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Hmm. Yesterday was August 22nd. Clearly there is something wrong with that date. Either that or it's six months behind.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:52 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,358 times
im up in Alberta and holy cow its chilly! Journeyed to Bass Pro today and was only 12 degrees has to wear a sweater
and slippers at night lol just silly in august!

Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 AM

Well, as of this morning, the furnace was turned on and I actually put on long pants. I haven't had long pants on since back in April.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
im up in Alberta and holy cow its chilly! Journeyed to Bass Pro today and was only 12 degrees has to wear a sweater
and slippers at night lol just silly in august!
That's 12° "C", right? I hope it's not 'F". It is way to early for that. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana