Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 09:07 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qesan1zbrenbq View Post
Present and accounted for!!
Outstanding, a new portch buddy. This is where we ramble on about what ever the hell we want to, usually off topic and it won't fit anywhere on the forum. Welcome!

Ma, are you saying the pup is half German shepherd and half 'sneaky neighbor dog's? haha. Those are the best for companions. They don't make good trial digs, nor do they hunt the best, but they make excellent companions. It is great that he(?) responds to your needs. My service dig, Timber, is a Rescue that I actually had to rope on a ranch, south of town. She had been running loose and eating out of the hide/gut pile at the lodge. Wild as a deer. Took me two years, working with her three hours a day to get her registered as a Service Dog. Well, that and some ardiouse testing to see how she handled in a senior center, grocery store, hospital, sign park, and a restaurant. It took a while, but it was well worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 10:00 PM

Going to be an ugly ride in the morning. Have to be at the VA for wound dressing change at 8am. Of course, I can't drive my truck with this brace on my foot so I am taking my 4 wheeler. Weather guessers are calling for 60% chance of rain, extremely heavy at times. I have a rain coat, but Timber don't. I will put her goggles on her so the rain doesn't hurt her eyes making her blink. haha

Old 08-04-2014, 10:31 PM

606 posts, read 1,978,401 times
I wish I was there already! I would take you whenever and wherever you needed to go! I hope to be in my new home by late September. If you're still in need of transportation, I will take you! :-)

Blessings,
Tracey

Old 08-05-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnsinger View Post
I wish I was there already! I would take you whenever and wherever you needed to go! I hope to be in my new home by late September. If you're still in need of transportation, I will take you! :-)

Blessings,
Tracey
Thank you Tracy, that is much appreciated, but, you do know I live in Wyoming. haha

For some reason, I woke up in extreme pain this morning, so I didn't go. I have a rain suit so the rain doesn't bother me, but bouncing down the county roads just wasn't appealing. I took my pain meds when I got up and they didn't even take the edge off. So I think this is one of those "be lazy and watch old westerns" day. Tomorrow, I have to go in, I have two other appointments, so I will just go in a little early so they can change the dressing.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:44 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
For some reason, I woke up in extreme pain this morning
You know unusual pain means something unusual is wrong, right?

<hits Elk over the head with a stick until he agrees to go to the doctor>

Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 AM

It is the dressing. and the way it was done. I had it changed on Sunday and the nurse wasn't current on training for a wound vac. The way she did it is very irritating to the skin and it is pinching. It is working though. The wound clinic is only from 8-9 and then. that nurse goes back to normal dutdes, so if you go in after 9,, you have to wait for first available. nurse and she may or may not be. current in training for a wound vac. About 6 months ago, the wound vac procedure changed completely to a method that makes it a lot less irritable. Lately, I haven't been taking my pain meds because I didn't need them. Supposed to take 8 hydrocodone a day and I have been maybe taking 3. So the new methods works very well.

imagine this. They put a 10x18 inch. clear patch over the whole area. Then cut out the area of the wound. Then they fit sponges into the wound, songs are moistened with saline (nurse. on Sunday put the sponges in dry, old training). and then cover with another adhesive sheet. Then a whole is cut in one end to expose the sponge. Then the attach the vacuum over that whole and turn on the pump. It should vacuum down to 125 mg and hold steady. With that huge adhesive tape patch on me, when they go to change it, it does not hurt at. all to pull that patch off. New method.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Ah. Well, so long as there ain't no body parts falling out... <hides stick behind back>

Interesting new method. I wonder if there's some video out there somewhere...

Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Ah. Well, so long as there ain't no body parts falling out... <hides stick behind back>

Interesting new method. I wonder if there's some video out there somewhere...
This methods is relatively new but has. actually been used for about 6 or 7 years as far as I know. Works well. The vacuum keeps the wound. drained. The vac has a canister on it that I have to swap out for an empty one about every 4 days.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:15 PM

I'd think more to the point, the negative pressure tends to keep edges together internally, which makes for better healing.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I'd think more to the point, the negative pressure tends to keep edges together internally, which makes for better healing.
Very much so. When the vac is off for dressing change, it lays open about an inch and a half. Wound vac on and it's about 3/4 inch wide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana