Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 09:09 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times

Advertisements

Cry me a river there Rez

I spent too much time on the fire lines to be upset with a little moisture. As an added bonus, we have more pasture now than we've had for a long time at the place in Big Timber, so the cattle look great

I took this week as vacation to cut hay, and since I can't swath while the hay is wet, this rain means I actually have some time off!

It may be damp and cool and soggy, but I am really enjoying this week so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Well, it's been a long time coming, but my wife and I have sold our house in Atlanta, we close on our house in Billings next week, and we are moving to Montana at the end of the month.

I look forward to visiting on the porch with my new Montana neighbors.
Welcome TaxPhd!

It will be a big change for you, but I think you will like it

Old 06-17-2014, 09:15 AM

10,713 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Welcome TaxPhd!

It will be a big change for you, but I think you will like it
A HUGE change from Atlanta. But I have lived in UT, ID, and CO. The wife is from UT, and we have really been missing the west. 13 years in Atlanta has been way too long.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
You have all been very hospital, but I am going home tomorrow!

Had a heck of an afternoon thunderstorm, the last two days, figured I would finally get a chance to dry out, Well, not according to the weather guessers. Forecast calls for 40% chance of thunder boomers the first 2 days. home. Oh well, it could be worse I guess.

You sure know I haven't been feeling well, all I have to do is set in the motel and I haven't made one single trip to cabelas, or even Shotgun Willies. hahahaha. Must be slipping.

Over the weekend, I broke out in hives and talk about itch. right after the surgery, they gave me a slip of paper with a phone number. It said, if you have any complications or adverse effects from the medications, call one of these numbers,24/7. Over the weekend, I called both of them and never got an answer. Finally, on Monday I was scratching up a storm so I tried again and got somebody. I told her I was having problems with the. morphines causing me to break out and itch. She said, both of the associates are busy, give me your number and I will call back. Never got a call,

Time to embarrass them a bit. Tomorrow I have a 8:30 appoint. Going to walk into the middle of thereceptio/waiting room, stick my hand down my pants and start scratching. While doing so, I am going to smile, drool a little,, make some squealing noises and start stomping my foot like Timber does when you scratch that special place. Think that will get their attention? I don't know if it will or not, but I do know it will feel good,

Old 06-17-2014, 10:09 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You have all been very hospital, but I am going home tomorrow!
When they said "Hospital-ity" I guess that's not what you thought they meant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Over the weekend, I broke out in hives and talk about itch.
Uh, that's not good... hives can be the leading edge of a fullblown anaphylactic reaction. Stay on 'em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Cry me a river there Rez
Well, here it's all mud, a swamp would be drier, and we've got a lot of miserable animals and not very happy people. When it gets to where even the pigs are complaining, you know it's too muddy.

Hey, did you see in the Thrifty Nickel a while back, "Millcreek Scottish Highlands" in Pray was retiring and liquidating their herd?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:18 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,914 times
......Hey Elk...............

Really glad you're getting out of there and getting back home..............

I hope you "heal-up" real quick-like so you can get back to leading a normal life..

Best of Luck To You..................

Old 06-17-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
......Hey Elk...............

Really glad you're getting out of there and getting back home..............

I hope you "heal-up" real quick-like so you can get back to leading a normal life..

Best of Luck To You..................
Thanks Griz, this is the last of the repair that was needed because of the galbladder problems I had back in 2005. Course now, maybe I can get them to fix my foot and then replace my knee. With any luck I might be mobile enough to get out and get my Elk this year.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Well, here it's all mud, a swamp would be drier, and we've got a lot of miserable animals and not very happy people. When it gets to where even the pigs are complaining, you know it's too muddy.

Hey, did you see in the Thrifty Nickel a while back, "Millcreek Scottish Highlands" in Pray was retiring and liquidating their herd?
Heck, there was new snow on the Crazy's this morning, little crisp for June 18, but that's part of the charm of living in Montana!
Don't worry, your swamp will dry to desert by the end of summer. Unless we have another 1993 when we only had 9 days for the whole summer that it didn't rain

Great garden that year

No I didn't hear about Millcreek Scotties selling out. I could use some more as I have several people that want to buy some, I may have to do some investigating here!!

Old 06-19-2014, 12:03 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Brian Schweitzer says his ‘gaydar’ goes off when he sees Eric Cantor – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

LOL!! Way to go gov'nah!

Old 06-21-2014, 12:34 PM

Howdy folks.

Got home on Wednesday and have had a pretty rough time. Today, I can actually say that things are starting to look up a little. I still don't feel like doing anything, but look forward to doing something.

I have to go into the VA to have my dressings changed. Actually kind of feels good, sets me up a bit. I can't trust myself driving yet. I did for one trip and decided I shouldn't, so I have a friend running me in to town each day. So far, so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana