Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 11:39 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

That looks a helmet cam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 11:52 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Google has done something goofy to the display, I think that might be causing it... lately sometimes at intersections it produces a warped picture, apparently trying to show you all the available streets at once. It's quite useless.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:14 PM

We've all heard of center-pivot irrigation... but how about donut irrigation??

People in Martinsdale irrigate funny.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:01 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Running late this season, I know, made my favorite summer drink. Sun Tea.

Last year, I dropped and broke my sun tea jug. One gallon, glass jar. The other day, while in town I decided to get another. The only thing Wally. world had was a 2 gallon glass jug with a spigot,, so I bought it. This morning, about 6am, I put 8 family tea bags in it, filled it with water and set it out. 11am it was so dark you couldn't see through it so I brought it in. Kind of nice to have it setting on the counter, ready. Just take one of my iced mugs and fill it with ice and then fill it with tea. Turned out pretty darned good.

I like just tea, no lemon, certainly no sugar or honey. I absolutely can not take sweet tea. When I was about 10-11, we were combining in 106° heat and I drank so much sweet tea (too sweet I might add) and got sick. No more.

When I was transferring ships for the government, several of our contracts were in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida. Them folks don't make tea, it is either sweet tea or go without. They pride themselves, making sweet tea is an art form. I once ordered ice tea, not sweet tea and I made sure the waitress understood it (Charleston SC). The waitress brought me sweet tea and told me, "Here you go, you all will drink this and like it.". I got up and left.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:20 PM

Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast makes the best sun tea... it's nasty strong if you make it hot from a fresh bag, but just right in the cold jar, and one teabag will make a gallon of sun tea plus one hot cup afterward. That's what I drink all summer!

When I was a kid I liked my tea thick and sweet. Then someone turned me on to "Gunpowder" and tho it's a bitter tea, I only like it straight, no sugar. Never put sugar in my tea again.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast makes the best sun tea... it's nasty strong if you make it hot from a fresh bag, but just right in the cold jar, and one teabag will make a gallon of sun tea plus one hot cup afterward. That's what I drink all summer!

When I was a kid I liked my tea thick and sweet. Then someone turned me on to "Gunpowder" and tho it's a bitter tea, I only like it straight, no sugar. Never put sugar in my tea again.
There is a new cafe in Sheridan called. The Cowboy Cafe. Little mom and pop affair, that makes really good ice tea. I have tried their breakfast, I had a half order or biscuits. and gravy which came with really good hash browns. $4. I tried their lunch of cod. Basket had fresh. cut French Fry's and 2 pieces of cod with a really light batter so you could really taste. the fish and not the batter. I want to try the evening meal now. I am only up to 3-4 ounces per meal and it is supposed to be chopped, but their supper menu has a "Wild Platter" that says it consists of wild elk steak and smoked buffalo for $16.99. I might bring most of it home in a doggie. bag but I am looking forward to giving it a try. hahaha

Old 07-26-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
There is a new cafe in Sheridan called. The Cowboy Cafe. Little mom and pop affair, that makes really good ice tea.
Sounds like a success in the making. Hope they do well -- we need more real food!

Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Sounds like a success in the making. Hope they do well -- we need more real food!
Exactly. It is pretty sad when a town of 18,000, the best places to eat are the Burger Wagon, a little trailer like you would find at a carnival, or the Mexican bus, converted school bus parked in the bowling alley parking lot, and the start withe Taco Johns, etc. We no longer have a good steakhouse, none worth a crap or way too expensive.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:50 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Hey Everybody...
Just thought I'd check in. Well, it seems I have managed to get the front yard done. All it is going to need now is the occasional mowing & maintenance. Grass is starting to grow in the bare spots.. YAYYYY
And I will eventually get the stones and left over debris up from where I had a burn pile but it is looking real good. Too late to try to plant flowers and such.
The back yard is next. I have managed (with some help) to get it cleaned up enough that you can now park the car back there and have space to turn around! Have a large pile of limbs that need burning also but am in no big hurry because you cant see it from the road .
Eventually this place will look nice again. It was hell trying to clean up someone else's mess and 7 yrs of nobody doing anything to the yards but throwing trash out. Some people are just lazy idiots.
Seems the dog we "adopted" (someone had him in a cage in a car that was RePo'd and they never called or went by to claim him... so the neighbor brought him to us and asked if we wanted him... that was 2 months ago) is turning out to be a good therapy dog for me. Shepherd/Boxer mix. I had one of my panic attacks and he was right by my side and would not leave until I was calm. He sleeps in the bed with me and he is not dominant like my Bruno was. He's smart too. I have already taught him to ring the bell when he wants out, and he also knows left paw from right paw, SIT.. DOWN.. so we are off to a good start. He gets along well with other dogs (Bruno didnt) and he likes cats n people. Very rarely barks. and he is Neutered. probably about 6 or 8 months old.
He's still a puppy so we have to watch because he still likes to drag stuff into the yard and chew on things. Other than that he seems to be doing well.
Mom is doing fine. We are still struggling but we will get through it. Somehow.
Psychiatrist increased my Klonazepam from .5mg 2x day to 1mg 2x day and I am on 80mg of Latuda... plus my BP meds. Seems to all be helping. But he still says NO WORK for me.
Still waiting to hear from Disability when my hearing is going to be. Pray that they approve it.
Well, thats about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs to everyone.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:06 AM

8 posts, read 18,805 times
Present and accounted for!!http://weber.ninecomputer.com/1.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana