Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 07:57 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck Boots Lady View Post
Hello! Good Morning! Anybody home? It's 50 degrees out and sunny here but I don't want to sit on my porch because there are big black ants all over. Hoping I could come sit over here.
Hi MBL, welcome to the porch. If you have read any of this thread you soon realize that this thread is the place to chat or discuss whatever is on your mind. A place to bring up anything and everything that just doesn't fit anywhere on the forum. No rhyme or reason fits well here. haha

Are you a new Montana resident, a long time resident, or reside elsewhere? What brings you to the forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 AM

Have to brag a bit. Cabin has central air and I set it at 71° at the beginning of summer and forget it. I am not one to turn it off at night and open windows, I just let it run. I do open everything up on Saturday morning while I sweep and mop, but that's only a couple hours.

I just got my Utility bill. Cabin is all electric. The bill is for period ending 20 August. Total is $62.50 for the month. Not to bad.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM

71 posts, read 72,690 times
Default Stepping in it now....

Air conditioner? In the Pacific Northwest? Say it ain't so.
We're sorta new around here, Elk Hunter. Not in your neck of the woods but within "driving distance"
Have no idea what I'm doing.... enjoy reading The Porch and all the friendly banter, but worried about disrupting the social dynamic by joining in...guys get all funny when girls join in. Promise I won't sit on the porch rail swinging my leg like a dumb teenager. Maybe I'll just sit down on the bottom step and you all can forget I'm here and just go on talking.
Oh, okay,okay, here's what happened. We got called back to Kalifornia for a family funeral and when we came home two weeks later the place was a mess! Huge trees down all over the place, six across our driveway for starters. So I went snooping on the internet and found City Data had some comments on the storm that came through North Idaho. Then I found The Porch thread and it was much more interesting, so here I am.
DH is still out there dragging in logs and making a slash pile for a guy from Clark Fork to come in and run through his chipper. Wonders what is keeping me so interested in my lap top. Guess I better go before I get in trouble, coffee cup is empty anyhow.
See y'all.... MBL

Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
50 degrees? I wish it was that warm... and it's still pouring rain. They'd just started the wheat harvest around Bozeman... hope this doesn't mess that up.

I just tripped over this...
619 3rd Street Northwest, Great Falls, MT, 59404 - Retail (land) Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com
What the heck? It can't be Great Falls without the J-Bar-T !!

Old 08-23-2014, 06:45 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,661,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck Boots Lady View Post
Air conditioner? In the Pacific Northwest? Say it ain't so.
We're sorta new around here, Elk Hunter. Not in your neck of the woods but within "driving distance"
Have no idea what I'm doing.... enjoy reading The Porch and all the friendly banter, but worried about disrupting the social dynamic by joining in...guys get all funny when girls join in. Promise I won't sit on the porch rail swinging my leg like a dumb teenager. Maybe I'll just sit down on the bottom step and you all can forget I'm here and just go on talking.
Oh, okay,okay, here's what happened. We got called back to Kalifornia for a family funeral and when we came home two weeks later the place was a mess! Huge trees down all over the place, six across our driveway for starters. So I went snooping on the internet and found City Data had some comments on the storm that came through North Idaho. Then I found The Porch thread and it was much more interesting, so here I am.
DH is still out there dragging in logs and making a slash pile for a guy from Clark Fork to come in and run through his chipper. Wonders what is keeping me so interested in my lap top. Guess I better go before I get in trouble, coffee cup is empty anyhow.
See y'all.... MBL
Sounds like you may be over our way, if you're using a chipper service out of Clark Fork! That storm was huge, friends of ours lost a bunch of trees. And they said it only took 15 minutes for it to pass through. Fortunately for us there was not much wind on the east side of the lake where our place is. Sorry you got hit so hard, it's no fun coming home from a trip and finding downed trees all over your driveway. I didn't see anything in the local Sandpoint paper about the storm, but trees were down all up and down Highway 200 and 95, and as you could tell, we were pretty upset about it over in the Idaho forum.

Don't worry about this Porch being a hang-out exclusively for guys. Even if it were, our guys don't bite! And some of us are not guys at all So swing your legs all you want!

Old 08-23-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
50 degrees? I wish it was that warm... and it's still pouring rain. They'd just started the wheat harvest around Bozeman... hope this doesn't mess that up.

I just tripped over this...
619 3rd Street Northwest, Great Falls, MT, 59404 - Retail (land) Property - Off-Market on LoopNet.com
What the heck? It can't be Great Falls without the J-Bar-T !!
The ad goes on about "high traffic", " very busy", etc.... Why is it bank owned? Somebody defaulted for a reason. Miss managed???

Old 08-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Have to brag a bit. Cabin has central air and I set it at 71° at the beginning of summer and forget it. I am not one to turn it off at night and open windows, I just let it run. I do open everything up on Saturday morning while I sweep and mop, but that's only a couple hours.

I just got my Utility bill. Cabin is all electric. The bill is for period ending 20 August. Total is $62.50 for the month. Not to bad.
May have spoke too soon. Miserable day, thinking of starting the heat. Clouds kind of cleared a bit and the mountains have some white on top. Way to early for that stuff.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
The ad goes on about "high traffic", " very busy", etc.... Why is it bank owned? Somebody defaulted for a reason. Miss managed???
From what I can see it apparently got sold in 2008 (maybe the owner retired, dunno) and after that things didn't go well.

Quote:
May have spoke too soon. Miserable day, thinking of starting the heat. Clouds kind of cleared a bit and the mountains have some white on top. Way to early for that stuff.
I was thinkin' we'd see snow on the mountains, if we ever see clear sky again... I should wash my brain out with soap.

Still pouring here. Satellite view looks like this huge wet cloud mass is stalled over Montana... global warming again, I guess. That must be why I had to turn on the heat. In August.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:23 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
From what I can see it apparently got sold in 2008 (maybe the owner retired, dunno) and after that things didn't go well.

I was thinkin' we'd see snow on the mountains, if we ever see clear sky again... I should wash my brain out with soap.

Still pouring here. Satellite view looks like this huge wet cloud mass is stalled over Montana... global warming again, I guess. That must be why I had to turn on the heat. In August.
A few years ago, at a conference of Botanical Gardens, I heard a speaker discuss global warming. His power point presentation included a map of the U.S. The only part of the country that would not experience warmer temps was most of the northern half of Montana

Old 08-23-2014, 07:39 PM

<peering at map>

But I'm in the southern half of Montana.... did he have his map upsidedown??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana