Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingstonBob View Post
I remember being on an exercise in Painwright waking up with frost on my bag (my sleeping bag, that is) in mid-August.
Had that happen in July up at Elk Park above Butte... on the hottest day of the year, everywhere else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 AM

71 posts, read 73,008 times
Default Piping up from the bottom step o' the porch...

I was just thinking, you know how Walmart has all those observation cameras? I wonder if they have some humorous footage of the produce section.

There's always several people standing around licking their fingers trying to open those plastic produce bags. My husband likes to growl and say bad words. Often I have gently point out that it might work if he tried the other end of the bag.

One day there were several people in the aisle, all fighting with our bags. We were sneaking smiles at each other then somebody exclaimed "Hey, I got mine open". Muffled chuckles and "Good for you" followed.

Camaraderie in the produce aisle.

MBL

Old 08-28-2014, 06:54 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,119,735 times
LOL MBL!! You're so right!

The last two days have been beautiful! Right now I'm sitting on the back porch listening to the crickets and thinking how nice it is that the grass is that bright pretty green color again! So looking forward to Friday and the weekend! Thinking next summer if I'm in this same house this porch should have some more furniture on it.... maybe even a place to catch some shut-eye! Hope you all had a great day!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,103,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
LOL MBL!! You're so right!

The last two days have been beautiful! Right now I'm sitting on the back porch listening to the crickets and thinking how nice it is that the grass is that bright pretty green color again! So looking forward to Friday and the weekend! Thinking next summer if I'm in this same house this porch should have some more furniture on it.... maybe even a place to catch some shut-eye! Hope you all had a great day!
The porch is worthless, unless you can fish from it. hahaha. I can't fish from mine, but its only 150 feet.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 PM

In case you're taking a barbecue tour, so you'll know where to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY

Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,598,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The porch is worthless, unless you can fish from it. hahaha. I can't fish from mine, but its only 150 feet.
A porch is a great thing, if you can shoot elk, bear or deer from it too

Season opens the 6th for bear and archery elk so while getting wood this weekend, time for some scouting!!!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 AM

19,847 posts, read 22,747,670 times
I've got some weird news..

So we've been getting certified (signed) mail requests from an investigative service from back east. It was for a letter, not a parcel package. It's the kind of request where you have to go to the post office and sign for the letter, and the sender get's the address updated. We didn't know the intent and quite frankly I'm not too fond of answering those things from an unknown source. I figure if you want to send us a letter, just send the dang thing regular mail.

Not that we are hiding from anything (or anyone), but having been a skip tracer in my early banking career- I'm not responding. Old trick.

So.... yesterday we get a regular letter from them. It's states my wife is named a beneficiary of an estate!

Waaaaay back when we were first married- about 25 years ago, my wife worked as a designer in a small company owned by a small family. The son (only son and child) ran the company- given to him from his parents. His mom still worked there as well, but in a service role (semi-retired). My wife only worked there for 3 years, left on good terms.. never talked to them AGAIN.

The guy (owner) lived a lifestyle that most folks would find, uh, a little out on the fringe. Let's just say he never married and had kids. A lot of his employees were fairly petty about it and it showed. My wife, being the kind hearted saint that she is, was never mean or rude to him. He often told her "You're the only person I know that doesn't judge me for that"....

So 20 some odd years later she is one of two named beneficiaries. We don't know what it all entails- that comes at some point today or next week. The weird thing is that this guys mom dies two weeks AFTER he does (his dad had passed sometime earlier). They had no other children.

This thing could get really weird!

The underlying thought is what makes us pretty sad. My wife was more than likely named only due to her kindness, even though she may have disagreed with the lifestyle that he led she simply has no mean bone in her body.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:07 AM

Wow. That is strange and wonderful (the story is strange, your wife is wonderful)

In other weirds, the secret of the moving rocks is revealed!

Sliding Rocks - Racetrack Playa - Death Valley - DesertUSA

or for the technical-minded,

PLOS ONE: Sliding Rocks on Racetrack Playa, Death Valley National Park: First Observation of Rocks in Motion

Old 08-29-2014, 09:21 AM

19,847 posts, read 22,747,670 times
I heard that story on NPR yesterday! Too cool!

Old 08-29-2014, 02:13 PM

71 posts, read 73,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
In case you're taking a barbecue tour, so you'll know where to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY
Oh! Oh! The sunglasses were sliding off, cool save, LOL!
I love watching these bad boys cook up a vicarious heart attack on a plate:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BarbecueWeb

MBL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana