Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 10:41 AM

71 posts, read 72,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Glad your Dufus is doing better. I can absolutely relate to the Escher-designed () hospitals. My dad was in the hospital some years ago, and I had spent all day and all evening at his bedside. Went home that night all groggy and worried. Came back next morning, to the ultimate nightmare: I rode up in the elevator, turned down his hallway, stepped into his room--and the bed was empty! No sheets or anything! You know what that means, from all those movies...Then I realized that I didn't recognize the guy in the other bed, and they'd even changed the view out the window ! Then it dawned on me that I'd taken the opposite elevator up, and turned left where I should have turned right, and I was in another section of the hospital. So I backtracked, came down the right hallway, and there he was in his room, safe and sound, sitting up in bed and feeling better! I almost cried from sheer relief.
Hope your dad recovered and is still doing well.
Funny how they can change that view out the window. Bonner General won't give out maps, at least the ladies I talked to. Nothing on their website either. I thought yesterday that I'd gotten my bearings and things had finally snapped into place.
Well, until I went into a waiting room just down the hall looking for creamer and looked out that window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Oh, I mentioned the really ugly little junk trailer... it was a freebie. Homemade by a lunatic back around 1980. Has an ancient Chevy?? truck axle under it (the narrow kind that drops down in the middle) and super-heavy springs, and the box frame looks like it started life as a metal bedframe, with falling-apart plywood bolted on, and the bed is 3.5x7 feet with 32" high sides (what the hell kind of size is that??! The axle set the width, but couldn't they have made it the same length as a sheet of plywood?) And it has the screw-down type of hitch that's a wonder it never comes loose. And it won't back up to save its life -- you have to unhook it and move it by hand (it's light enough for even this 9-stone weakling to pick up and move). But I've gotten more use out of this piece of crap!! mostly hauling firewood, and it can handle as much weight as you can pack into it.
At least it isn't a Long Chih trailer!
BTW..... What about surge brakes on your new toy?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:51 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck Boots Lady View Post
At least it isn't a Long Chih trailer!
A which what? [goes off, looks 'em up] Oh, those "folding" trailers and such. Yeah, "heavy duty", right!

Mine looks a whole lot scarier, but I'll bet it can carry 4x as much weight. I've had close to 2000 pounds in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muck Boots Lady View Post
BTW..... What about surge brakes on your new toy?
I dunno nothin' about surge brakes?? [goes off, looks 'em up] Hmm. That sounds like it needs the tongue completely rebuilt?

Electric brake assemblies are only about $40 per wheel, last I looked. I like being able to apply the trailer brakes separate from the truck, makes it a lot easier to go down steep hills.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:48 PM

A which what is about right. We bought one of these. It came in a box with instructions in Vietnamese or maybe Chinese. Put it together by following the pictures. Piece of junk. Bet your junk trailer would look like royalty if sitting nearby. Stupid thing would bounce around like crazy.

I don't know anything about surge brakes either, now that I looked it up. So I'll shut up and sit down.

Dufus is in lots of pain right now. Asked me not to come visit today [Bad sign]. Could hardly talk on the phone. I'm scared.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:07 PM

Yikes. Sounds like Dufus needs the visit. Go see him.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Just got a phone call from Dufus. Doc took another Xray. Things are actually improving; his lung is expanding to full capacity and that's pushing the suction tube around. Hence the pain. They put him back on an IV drip [morphine ?].
He is very stubborn, hardly showed any signs of pain once I got permission to take him to the hospital. I'd had to wait him out, almost six hours, while not saying anything about seeing a doctor. If I had said even a word he would have dug in his heels and refused to go at all. As it was the doctors couldn't believe all the internal damage after the initial Xrays. They were amazed at his ability to tough it out.
Anyway I'm going in tomorrow. Got permission too!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:56 PM

Oh, that's a relief! Maybe you should see if they'll leave the tube in permanently; when he's being stubborn you can give it a good yank.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Oh, that's a relief! Maybe you should see if they'll leave the tube in permanently; when he's being stubborn you can give it a good yank.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkmtbob View Post
In Polebridge there is a man who lives in a metal shipping container. His name is Jack. They call him "Jack in the box"
Citi-Data just made my day! Read this on another thread and busted up laughing.
So glad to have somewhere to go to take my mind off my troubles.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 AM

[looks around the yard, sees five trailers]

This means I must be Trailer Tra--

Er, that didn't come out right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana