Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 03:24 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times

Advertisements

I've been watching ambulances and fire trucks go by the office all day today.
I would say in addition to folks forgetting how to drive, perhaps they also didn't clean their chimneys before firing up the furnace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
We had a chimney fire once. Man is that ever something to behold! Look like a roman candle coming out the stack!

Old 10-02-2014, 04:19 PM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Hello Folks.
Just wanted to poke my head in and say howdy. Things are going okay here. Boring as all get out. Really boring compared to the lives y'all lead.
Nothing to do hear. Called the attorney to see if they had any news from the disability folks. NOPE NADA NIX. But they were nice enough to tell me it could still be another year.
Mom is out of town visiting with my sister who has to have surgery next week. I'm stuck here all by my lonesome. Hopefully mom will be back home after a week and I wont feel so anxious.

Other than that we are doing ok. Just taking one day at a time.
Hope everyone else is doing well.
Talk to y'all later.
~ Val

Old 10-02-2014, 06:17 PM

71 posts, read 72,690 times
Quote:
Oh yes- first snow of the year always brings out the wrecks.
I always thought people kept an old beater car for the first snow. Whenever our area in California would get the first snow, it seemed like the cars in the parking lots would suddenly change from the fancy pants Lexus and Cadillac to old rattletraps with one eye or a side bashed in.

Quote:
I would say in addition to folks forgetting how to drive, perhaps they also didn't clean their chimneys before firing up the furnace.
Ha! Ha! Or forget to use a rope to keep from falling off the roof! (Who said that?)

And now for the Dufus update: Follow up trips to the docs are interesting. Seems like everyone in town knows about Dufus. Went to see the shoulder doc and after a few questions he suddenly brightened up and said "Oh, you're the guy with all the broken ribs!" Then the receptionists always want to know what happened. Dufus won't admit he fell off the roof so I usually pipe in and say I got him with the baseball bat. Now, I would expect a scowl or sideways look for that remark, but I'm the good wifey giving Dufus a cover. But you know, every time they smile and say "Good for you!". Poor Dufus.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:12 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
and the news from North Helena- It's snowing.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:12 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Great news on Dufus, keep up the good work.

On the other hand, I screwed up. Went to town for a doctors appointment. So far, so good. Weather was cold,, but sunny so there were some warm areas. Got to my appointment and then went to pick up some grocery's. Came out and it was raining. Dined my rainsuite and took off. Cold front as moving in. Put my goggles on and put Timbers goggles on. Within. 5 miles out of town I was stopping to warm my hands on the side of the engine. At 7 miles I had a half inch of ice on my windshield and me. My rain suit was soaked thru. I turned around and headed back to town. Made it to my daughters, completely soaked and a half inch of ice stuck to me.

Left my 4 wheeler in town and had my daughter drive me home. She'll come and get me on Saturday so I can go get my 4 wheeler. Its nice to have a have a backup.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:33 PM

Fro the Cato Institute's latest report on governors' fiscal responsibility:
Quote:
Montana
Steve Bullock, Democrat Legislature: Republican Grade: D Took Office: January 2013

Governor Bullock scored poorly on spending, but somewhat better on taxes.

--The general fund budget increased 12.6 percent in 2013 and an estimated 10.5 percent in 2014.

--Bullock supports Medicaid expansion under the ACA, but that plan has not passed the legislature.

--On taxes, Bullock proposed a one-time homeowner rebate of $400, but that legislation has not passed.

--He did sign into law a property tax cut for business equipment, which is an important pro-investment reform.

--On the other hand, he vetoed a tax-reform plan passed by the legislature in May 2013, which would have reduced and simplified the individual income tax rate structure and made useful business tax reforms.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
My rain suit was soaked thru.
What the heck kind of rainsuit lets all the water in??

Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 AM

Crisp 25 degrees this morning, fresh snow on the mountains, dawn broke clear and bright....

I think my neck is starting to swell....

Must be HUNTING SEASON!!!!

k:

Naw, just looked at the calendar, got a couple weeks to go

Old 10-03-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Great news on Dufus, keep up the good work.

On the other hand, I screwed up. Went to town for a doctors appointment. So far, so good. Weather was cold,, but sunny so there were some warm areas. Got to my appointment and then went to pick up some grocery's. Came out and it was raining. Dined my rainsuite and took off. Cold front as moving in. Put my goggles on and put Timbers goggles on. Within. 5 miles out of town I was stopping to warm my hands on the side of the engine. At 7 miles I had a half inch of ice on my windshield and me. My rain suit was soaked thru. I turned around and headed back to town. Made it to my daughters, completely soaked and a half inch of ice stuck to me.

Left my 4 wheeler in town and had my daughter drive me home. She'll come and get me on Saturday so I can go get my 4 wheeler. Its nice to have a have a backup.
Did the same thing with a motorcycle in my youth. Freezing rain, the fairing was completely iced over and the face shield on my helmet froze over, had to flip it up to see to pull over and the freezing rain on my face just about froze me to death!

Scrape the face shield, ride, scrape the face shield, ride.... took forever to cover the 20 miles home. Dang near froze to death, but at least I had a good pair of gloves and a heavy rainsuit. It was chilly that morning so I threw in a good coat too instead of a jacket and that's probably what saved my life.

Not to mention, the road was a little tricky with that ice for a bike.

Oh well, summer in Montana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana