Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,084,663 times

Advertisements

I used to love Superbowl day. I could surf my favorite breaks with no crowds to deal with.
I am happy to say that I never go to any ball sporting events or watch any ball games on TV. I will watch ski racing, motocross, and curling though.
I grew up on a surfboard and played a lot of croquet and shuffleboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 11:26 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,103,940 times
I didn't watch it, and I haven't watched pro or college ball for years. However, I love to go watch my grandkids play soccer, baseball and football. I also like to go out to the college and watch softball. Several of the stores in town put together teams and they play each night at the college. It's free, it's very unprofessional, and that's why it's so fun to watch. A bunch of people having fun. Not people going on strike because 8 million a year isn't enough, they also want payed during off season cause they're barely scraping by.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM

I never was any good at ball sports so I never had any interest in them. I did a lot of hand making things though.
It kept me out of trouble or at least curtailed some mischief. I still make things on occasion (picture frames) and I think it keeps me out of trouble.

If I ever ended up in a courtroom I will be sure to take the fifth and keep my mouth buttoned up.
(That is rickers speak for "I won't snitch on you all")
I made the buttons by trepanning some face grain elk antler with a hole saw cutting the blanks loose with a band saw and turned the blanks on a metal lathe.
The holes I drilled with a detente equipped rotating drilling *** that I designed and made so the hole spacing would be consistent.
Making things to sell by hand is a lot of fun but a good way to stay poor.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TVAmcmiVgbI/AAAAAAAAJv0/4y3HCWem_gc/s512/IMG_2517-1.JPG (broken link)

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 AM

Coffee's on. Made bananna bread last night.

Actually, it was "Frendship Bread". But instead of vanilla pudding in the mix, I used bananna cream. Instead of nuts, I cut up a couple bananna's. Turned out pretty darned good, if I may say so myself. I should know, I was required to test it last night with some butter on it, while it was still warm.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:04 AM

92 posts, read 109,295 times
Elkhunter, you're KILLING me talking about that banana/friendship/whatever bread. I am sucking down a cup of coffee, gearing up to go back to work after a week off from the flu, followed by a week off on vacation in the caribbean.

Having a hard time re-entering the daily grind, but I have to get after it. Have a great day all!

Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,691,086 times
That is a good add in for the friendship bread, I have made that one also.
Hey the tropics are on the way with maybe 35 by Friday
Sorry I love any kind of football!! I thought that was a pretty good game. Always best when the game is close. I however would never pay for a ticket to the Superbowl. Much more fun to watch it at home.
How is the weather in your part of the world?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM

This morning the plow fired up, although it was -9. Plowed too long and froze my beard and mustache to my hoodie string and zipper. Took a while to thaw out. We had about 7 inches of new snow yesterday. Not bad right now, it's heated right up to 4 degrees here.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
This morning the plow fired up, although it was -9. Plowed too long and froze my beard and mustache to my hoodie string and zipper. Took a while to thaw out. We had about 7 inches of new snow yesterday. Not bad right now, it's heated right up to 4 degrees here.
We have also been getting hit a little bit in between sunny patches moving through, (Not as hard as you all in Wy and that part of Mt though) and that's the price we gladly pay to live in wonderful places where a person can walk down the street without always looking back to see if some cretin is creeping up from behind to mug ya.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,129,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
............................... ....I however would never pay for a ticket to the Superbowl. Much more fun to watch it at home.......Griz says:>>>>.............couldn't agree more, and since you asked about the weather where I am...............well let's put it this way:............I watched the super bowl out in the back yard, sittin' under a swaying palm tree (about 70 degrees, with my Brittany at my feet, a jug of margaritas on the table next to me, and a pizza I got at "Tommie's Bistro" earlier in the day." .....

I know I'm not "making any points" telling you this,........but I gotta be honest.................it's a hellava lot better that puttin' up with the Montana winter weather I put up with since the late seventies.
...................... Casa Grande, AZ.... not the scenic beauty of Montana,....but "my old bones sure feel a lot better down here in the winter".

How is the weather in your part of the world?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 PM

19,847 posts, read 22,747,670 times
I really expected consistent 'bad' winter weather here, but frankly this year (at least in Helena) it's been A LOT easier than dealing with the WV winters we had the past 3-5 years.

I went back east a few weeks ago and yup- cold, damp, rainy/slushy, sloppy winter.

Last year I had to use a snow shovel to get the snow off my truck. It was that heavy. Here I push it off with a light swipe of the broom. The cold isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Actually zero is not uncomfortable. At least it feels better than 20 degrees in WV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana