Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 01:36 PM

205 posts, read 197,167 times

Advertisements

Also tomorrow Gov Ivey's deadline to sign off on Amtrak. Could be an interesting day for downtown transportation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 12:52 PM

5,024 posts, read 9,270,805 times
Default 210 Dauphin street

The recently renovated vacant building next to the Crescent Theater which is 210 Dauphin Street has been purchased and will be developed into a restaurant,bar, and music venue.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:49 PM

Well folks it looks like Mobile may have a new airport and it will be at Brookley.1) I hope the name change from regional to international since we do have a high percentage of international travelers. 2) Hopefully the move will/suppose to lower fares by attracting other options besides Delta and American Airlines.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/mobile-cou...=facebook_WKRG

Old 06-28-2018, 07:58 AM

3,031 posts, read 3,648,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Well folks it looks like Mobile may have a new airport and it will be at Brookley.1) I hope the name change from regional to international since we do have a high percentage of international travelers. 2) Hopefully the move will/suppose to lower fares by attracting other options besides Delta and American Airlines.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/mobile-cou...=facebook_WKRG
Congrats still a long long process but appears to be the right direction to take.
FYI International in an airport name seems to be arbitrary but in Huntsville International case is we actually have weekly 747 flights from Europe, Mexico, and Asia BUT its all cargo.
Sure Mobile does or will too with the Airbus plant.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:17 AM

205 posts, read 197,167 times
With Brookley starting to blow up I wonder if anything will come of the South Alabama Foundation property along the bay. I thought the Brookley By The Bay concept was a little too ambitious but maybe it could be developed into something interesting.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:45 PM

13,269 posts, read 9,818,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Congrats still a long long process but appears to be the right direction to take.
FYI International in an airport name seems to be arbitrary but in Huntsville International case is we actually have weekly 747 flights from Europe, Mexico, and Asia BUT its all cargo.
Sure Mobile does or will too with the Airbus plant.
Aren't there several flights/week? There are 3 or 4 different carriers. Not to mention the big Antonov that comes in occasionally to bring space hardware for NASA. That is a HUGE plane. I guess it comes from Russia, but that's just an assumption.

Gotta have the Port of Entry before that can happen. But they may already have it. Birmingham is designated international also, and I think they have an occasional seasonal flight to somewhere in the Carribean. Some have the designation and Port of Entry but no real international flights (e.g., Jackson, MS).

Old 06-28-2018, 01:54 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,900,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Aren't there several flights/week? There are 3 or 4 different carriers. Not to mention the big Antonov that comes in occasionally to bring space hardware for NASA. That is a HUGE plane. I guess it comes from Russia, but that's just an assumption.

Gotta have the Port of Entry before that can happen. But they may already have it. Birmingham is designated international also, and I think they have an occasional seasonal flight to somewhere in the Carribean. Some have the designation and Port of Entry but no real international flights (e.g., Jackson, MS).
Brookley already hosts international cargo flights. But, on the subject of passengers, there's one big port of entry in Mobile that dwarfs most others: the Port of Mobile and the Cruise Terminal. Extending a moniker (such as international) to either airport only requires the ability to regularly host CBP personnel at the facility.

I would be shocked to not see that facility in the airport master plan for Brookley.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 PM

169 posts, read 345,608 times
Default How will the airport change affect downtown neighborhoods?

In general I think I am for the idea of relocating the airport, but as someone looking to live in one of the Midtown neighborhoods I have mixed feelings....will the flight path be over these neighborhoods (Leinkauf, Washington Park, Church Street East, etc.) creating a lot of noise?

Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,900,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchip55 View Post
In general I think I am for the idea of relocating the airport, but as someone looking to live in one of the Midtown neighborhoods I have mixed feelings....will the flight path be over these neighborhoods (Leinkauf, Washington Park, Church Street East, etc.) creating a lot of noise?
The airport flight paths will be no different than they already are. Brookley is already a commercial airport, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:32 PM

Thoughts ?! With a 7 level parking garage I think it could work along with tailgating in RV city ?

https://flic.kr/p/LRsf9G

https://flic.kr/p/26ebJXw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area