Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 03:49 PM

5,024 posts, read 9,275,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
edtv, your post reminded me that the new hot rumor is a "pocket" Rouse's being added somewhere on St. Louis Street.

Any grocery store in the eastern CBD would be welcomed, however.
I love Rouse's and how they cater to the culture of the Gulf Coast. Publix does a good job to but not as good as Rouse's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 04:24 PM

44 posts, read 60,989 times
Quote:
It is certainly owned currently by the OK Bicycle Shop gentlemen, so perhaps they purchased it from them?
The Walker Brothers own it and they are still working on it. Contractors were going in there last week. I believe they are getting there.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM

28 posts, read 34,561 times
Quote:
edtv, your post reminded me that the new hot rumor is a "pocket" Rouse's being added somewhere on St. Louis Street.

Any grocery store in the eastern CBD would be welcomed, however.

Southsky, that would be really great. How serious is this rumor?

Old 04-18-2018, 06:22 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,901,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. S Willoughby View Post
Southsky, that would be really great. How serious is this rumor?
It’s a hot enough rumor to have heard it from two independent sources. However, I don’t feel confident in rumors until I see evidence - be it a property purchase, organization filing, or permit.

Still, it is fun to consider...

Old 04-18-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauvillian View Post
The Walker Brothers own it and they are still working on it. Contractors were going in there last week. I believe they are getting there.
Great news!

Old 04-19-2018, 09:30 AM

566 posts, read 678,459 times
I'm actually going to be in Panama City the next two days so I plan on checking out this Lucky's Market. They seem to be more price conscious then Fresh Market and Whole Paycheck and much more appealing than similar concepts like EarthFare and Sprouts...

Given their footprint and market choices, it may be a good fit for Mobile...

Old 04-19-2018, 11:57 AM

498 posts, read 476,122 times
Yeah, I heard about the St. Louis Street grocery store too. The lease hasn't been signed yet. The building was purchased a few months ago. Neat stuff. The plans that developer has for downtown will blow your mind. The stuff that will hopefully be announced soon is just too cool.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:13 PM

427 posts, read 389,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Yeah, I heard about the St. Louis Street grocery store too. The lease hasn't been signed yet. The building was purchased a few months ago. Neat stuff. The plans that developer has for downtown will blow your mind. The stuff that will hopefully be announced soon is just too cool.
any hints?

Old 04-19-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Which building are you speaking to? I had heard the store would be on an open lot.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:18 PM

5,024 posts, read 9,275,550 times
Quote:
Plans ?! Hmmmm please share. I hope they take up an empty lot instead though.

When I moved back to Mobile in 2008.The first thing that came to mind as the next downtown corridor that needs to be redeveloped was St.Louis street. And it is great to see how things have unfolded and the investments on that street. It use to have lifeless borded up buildings and to see life on what I think is a major downtown corridor is a breath of fresh air. And not only St Louis but St Michael is seeing more life.

Last edited by PortCity; 04-19-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area