Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 10:05 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,898,389 times

Advertisements

221 Dauphin finally getting its long overdue reno:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 11:33 AM

28 posts, read 34,502 times
That's great, but all of that steel framing on the doors and steel piping for the balcony/gallery railings sounds pretty ugly.

All I can guess is that it supposed to pair with the Soul Kitchen's rounded steel chrome marquee.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:06 PM

427 posts, read 389,489 times
Any idea what these two space are going to be or is this just a developer upgrading it to rent out in the future?

Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM

5,023 posts, read 9,264,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. S Willoughby View Post
That's great, but all of that steel framing on the doors and steel piping for the balcony/gallery railings sounds pretty ugly.

All I can guess is that it supposed to pair with the Soul Kitchen's rounded steel chrome marquee.
I see why you would feel that way. Balconies and pillars are customary for Mobile's architecture.I see that the developer wanted to make sure that particular detail will be included. The way the balcony is designed could be slightly unorthodox but nevertheless it will look much better than what it currently is.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:59 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,898,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Any idea what these two space are going to be or is this just a developer upgrading it to rent out in the future?
The individual who owns it is owner of Terrezza Optical in Pensacola. I'd imagine one space would be that.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:40 AM

5,023 posts, read 9,264,375 times
Downtown up dates.

The 558 St Francis Street Temple Lodge Loft development is near completion.The building was originally built 1869. A Dallas based coffe shop as well as an out of town advertisement agency will occupy the retail/office space of the building. Six town houses were also added adjacent to the building as well as a covered parking garage.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/558-S...le-AL/7237338/

The Brickwell development is currently in the works by Thomas Properties. I was told ground breaking should start Spring or Fall of 2019.
https://www.thebrickwell.com/welcome-2/

Old Red Cross Building at the corner of Broad and Dauphin streets will be home to the Container Yard and Bay Gourmet.Both have secured leases.The building will also have event space and 5 apartments. The reno should be completed early 2019.

https://www.containeryardworks.com/s...ate-Early-2019

The former Dodge - Graham Brothers truck building built in 1926 is now The Precison Engineering building which is complete.

Before : https://flic.kr/p/28rUEJy

After : https://flic.kr/p/26MqzVJ

Wheeler Lofts at 450 St Louis Street is an 1800's era horse stable property.The complex should be open January 2019. The bueing will have 34 loft apartment units and a restaurant.

Innovation Portal at 358 St Louis street will be a work space for start ups and small businesses.Mobile's Chaleur Method Brew and Expresso will be at this location also.

Old Majestic Brewery at 656 St Louis Street is a former 1920's Cotton Mill.

Ship Shape Urban Farm at 610 St Michael street.
https://www.shipshapeurbanfarms.com

Old 07-27-2018, 09:45 AM

The coffee shop is Nova Espresso. https://www.instagram.com/nova_espresso/

Old 07-27-2018, 09:58 AM

205 posts, read 196,969 times
Where is Nova Espresso going?

Old 07-27-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
Where is Nova Espresso going?
558 St Francis Street Temple Lodge Loft. The comment above me has the plans for the location. Their coffee looks pretty good. Cant wait to try it

Old 07-27-2018, 12:12 PM

28 posts, read 34,502 times
I was hoping The Brickwell was going to kick-off sooner.
Any idea when Innovation Portal, Old Majestic Brewing, and ShipShape will start construction?

Here are some others to look out for:

571 Dauphin Street - More nightlife on Dauphin St. Opposite the O'Daly's bar trio, Wendall Quimby of The Garage and other ventures is renovating the modest storefront at 571 Dauphin according the March 21 architectural review board agenda. For what plans? I don't know. But my guess would involve alcohol, music, and other 'good times' industries.

204 State St - Remember the 19th century creole cottage at 137 Tuscaloosa St. that was threatened to be demolished for a parking lot for a neighboring doctor's office? According to the Mobile Architectural Review board agenda from March 21st, Robert Isakson (developer behind Iron Hand Brewing, Cheese Cottage, and Old Majestic) purchased the home to relocate it next to the lot next Iron Hand Brewing at 204 State Street. It's funny how this story had so much championing and air-time on the news and then just disappeared. I hadn't heard any more about it until I read the ARB agenda. It's really wonderful if it's actually happening. Anyone know more?

210 Dauphin Street - Local investors purchased the building and adjacent parking lot to develop a bar/music venue. Plans are to turn the parking lot into a patio with stage for live music.

267 Dauphin Street - The old Weber building. Jake Peavey's company recently purchased the building and the lot beside it which is currently the Lost Garden community garden. Lost Garden has mentioned the purchase in a Facebook post and said that they will be allowed to use the lot for the time being.Anyone have info on this?

510 Dauphin - According to an architecture review board agenda, the Peavy organization plans on remodling the storefront and space. Any word on this?

522 Dauphin Street - What is the status of the tragically lost Key Loan building, owned by the Peavy's? Plans were to reconstruct it as it was for a music venue and musicians' hostel. Anyone have the scoop?

The Lofts at St. Emanuel 4-10 St Emanuel Street - Plans were approved in April by the Planning Commission for the two vacant cheek-to-jowl 19th century buildings on St. Emanuel to be renovated and converted in to upstairs lofts and ground floor retail space.

Royal Pharmacy 1 S Royal Street - Initial mentions of it said that it would open by early summer, but it still looks untouched.

260 St Louis Street - With the help of McNair Historic Preservation Layfette Land Co (Again, Robert Isakson) is planning to renovate the former Davis Auto building into possible retail and office space.

256 St Louis Street - The empty lot next door to Davis Auto is owned by Rogers & Willard who have since erected a sign promoting a new mixed use development on the site. That sign has been posted on this thread a few months ago.

La Floridita - Bob Baumhauer's cuban speakeasy in the basement of the Trustmark building. I haven't heard anything about this any awhile. Any news?

Truman's Diner 14 South Conception St. - Initially heard about this in April. I'm not sure what the status is now. Scoop?

Sno Dash Downtown 12 South Conception St. - Next door to Sway Yoga and Truman's Diner. This has been mentioned since last fall with renovations having already started but it seem to have stalled. I noticed that the Facebook page is gone and the downtown location is no longer mentioned on the website. Is this dead?

Gayfer's - Anyone have any updates on the Gayfer's building project. A Louisiana based developer purchased the property to convert into residential and retail space a couple years ago. The project has since been mentioned in a few downtown development articles but lately has seemed quiet. Any news?

Fort Conde Village - Rumors abound and have been mentioned here a few times, but Stephen McNair's (of McNair Historic Preservation) recent post on Instagram about "Big things" coming certainly make this seem more real than rumor. Any other inside info?

Rumors

St. Louis Street Grocery Store - It was mentioned here a while back that there were whispers of a neighborhood grocery store moving in Downtown, specifically somewhere on St. Louis Street and possibly as a micro Rouse's. Any news?

Other Business

Any news on phase two of Mardi Gras park? It's a great new addition to downtown but I think calling it a proper city park is generous. It's more or less mowed grass and decidedly unfinished. I loved the proposed plans and I hope they are still a go.

What the good god hell is up with the Celebration Trail? Anyone remember that? Sandy, love him to death, threw a parade over a year ago for the I-Team's beautification plan of Royal Street from Dauphin to the cruise terminal, including a gateway arch over Dauphin. I liked the ideas, but it quickly seemed more speculative than serious. Someone got a pulse on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area