Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2019, 07:28 AM

427 posts, read 389,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
Well a facebook page popped up. Game Over Retro Pub is the name

https://www.facebook.com/gameoverdow...type=3&theater
I have NOT heard good things about this. I was told that half the games aren't working, and its just a mess. Hopefully they can fix it up, but it was described to me as "the most half assed thing to ever hit Mobile"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 10:21 AM

205 posts, read 197,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
I have NOT heard good things about this. I was told that half the games aren't working, and its just a mess. Hopefully they can fix it up, but it was described to me as "the most half assed thing to ever hit Mobile"
A friend of mine who is a bar owner mentioned that he once thought of doing something similar but balked because with older games you'd have to have a electrician who specializes in those things on staff. Having multiple gaming equipment down in a barcade isn't a good look. I'll give it time and see if they work out the kinks.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:49 PM

566 posts, read 678,459 times
I believe the games are coin operated....they just ran a contest to give away quarters on their Facebook page.

That alone could be a maintenance headache, since these games are likely used as well. I've been to one where the games are free, and the money is made from the bar and food offerings..

Old 02-19-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
I believe the games are coin operated....they just ran a contest to give away quarters on their Facebook page.

That alone could be a maintenance headache, since these games are likely used as well. I've been to one where the games are free, and the money is made from the bar and food offerings..
That is what I was hoping it would be. More incentive for people to stay and get more drink/food/etc. I'm not going to go pay tons of money to play older games like that.

For right now its a hard pass for me. Hopefully I'm wrong and they get it worked out, but I have a feeling it wont stick around long.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:28 PM

651 posts, read 483,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
That is what I was hoping it would be. More incentive for people to stay and get more drink/food/etc. I'm not going to go pay tons of money to play older games like that.

For right now its a hard pass for me. Hopefully I'm wrong and they get it worked out, but I have a feeling it wont stick around long.
Plenty of barcades charge like Joystick in Atlanta. It’s a way to keep people from abusing their time on the machines while making a little extra.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:29 PM

651 posts, read 483,413 times
Also 25-50 cents a game isn’t a “ton” of money. Come on now.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:28 PM

5,024 posts, read 9,275,550 times
Good news for the Fort Conde Village.The last 2 historic structures will be fully restored and incorporated into the Fort Conde Inn.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...48419251891090

Any word on the proposed hotel ?

Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakumaster View Post
Also 25-50 cents a game isn’t a “ton” of money. Come on now.
It is for older games like that. There is no way I'm going to a bar to spend 6 dollars for a Yuengling (that's what I've been told they are selling them for) AND spend money on old games. Make them free and people will stay much longer and spend more money on the higher profit margin items. Or flip it and have cheaper food and drink and let the games make you money.

I honestly haven't heard any good new coming out of that place, which is sad because I was really hoping they would do it right and make a fun place for Mobile.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:05 AM

139 posts, read 216,926 times
Looks like 50 plus live oak trees will be cut down along Broad street! This breaks my heart. Hopefully a compromise can be made, in listening to the meeting, it must pass the city council first.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,901,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by port25 View Post
Looks like 50 plus live oak trees will be cut down along Broad street! This breaks my heart. Hopefully a compromise can be made, in listening to the meeting, it must pass the city council first.
This is for the TIGER Grant changes to Broad and Beauregard Streets. Unfortunately, it seems our underwhelming local media may not have presented as such originally. This is a good thing!

Last edited by Southsky; 02-20-2019 at 09:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area