Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2023, 06:55 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
And the show is beginning. https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm
And many colleges and schools haven't even started yet. Looks like it's going to be worse than last fall.
Based on the wastewater data, how do you figure it's going to be worse than last fall? Both the North and South Systems are at lower points now than they were at the same time last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2023, 08:41 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Based on the wastewater data, how do you figure it's going to be worse than last fall? Both the North and South Systems are at lower points now than they were at the same time last year.
I agree--it can't, it just can't. The severity of the effects on people is far less, and we have a new batch of vaccines rolling out in mid-Sept.

One of the public health challenges going forward is to not ring alarm bells unless they're truly justified.

Old 08-31-2023, 12:34 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I agree--it can't, it just can't. The severity of the effects on people is far less, and we have a new batch of vaccines rolling out in mid-Sept.

One of the public health challenges going forward is to not ring alarm bells unless they're truly justified.
That is not how media or the "science" or "public health" establishment work.

Old 08-31-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't think you get my point. I'm saying that getting excited over a small uptick is tantamount to "crying wolf" now. And will work against public health and all of us later, in the event of a new pandemic, as most (not just a minority) will not comply with countermeasures.

Old 08-31-2023, 06:53 PM

Good news! New boosters available mid-September.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/08/...vaccine-shots/

Salient points:

In Massachusetts, waste water data through Aug. 28 show that the numbers have increased since July, and hospitalizations have increased in recent weeks, however they remain far below what they were at this time last year.

(CDC Director Mandy) Cohen said 97 percent of the country has a baseline immunity to the virus.

It is unclear how many people will take advantage of the new boosters. In Massachusetts, only 30 percent of the state population has received a booster shot since last September, according to state data updated Aug. 28.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:22 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Good news! New boosters available mid-September.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/08/...vaccine-shots/

Salient points:

In Massachusetts, waste water data through Aug. 28 show that the numbers have increased since July, and hospitalizations have increased in recent weeks, however they remain far below what they were at this time last year.

(CDC Director Mandy) Cohen said 97 percent of the country has a baseline immunity to the virus.

It is unclear how many people will take advantage of the new boosters. In Massachusetts, only 30 percent of the state population has received a booster shot since last September, according to state data updated Aug. 28.
I ask around mass the people I meet and know and most got the two original shots and don't want to get more. People don't think this virus is a real threat anymore but yes some will stay paranoid. Obviously it's a small sample size.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:32 PM

3,627 posts, read 1,855,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I ask around mass the people I meet and know and most got the two original shots and don't want to get more. People don't think this virus is a real threat anymore but yes some will stay paranoid. Obviously it's a small sample size.
I got original two and first booster. I was so sick after each one, I couldn't even get out of bed for a full day. Never felt so sick in my life after the first one and the second and third weren't much better! After that I said no more.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:46 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I got original two and first booster. I was so sick after each one, I couldn't even get out of bed for a full day. Never felt so sick in my life after the first one and the second and third weren't much better! After that I said no more.
There are professional doctors that are against the shot. mRNA is experimental . The spike protein in the shot is dangerous. I have heard there are different batches. Meaning some have higher doses than others and it's the roll of the dice. It's causing heart problems in people and it's not as rare as they say. I don't know how any one could take a vaccine that's not been around or tested for at least ten years.

There was I think dating sites that had members that would not date people who got the shot thinking that if they had sex with them they would get the spike protein in them. There is a theory of shedding that it can be transferred through even sweat. I don't know if I believe that.

People like myself who never got the shot refer themselves as pure bloods and it has nothing to with race.

Old 08-31-2023, 08:17 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Quote:

I don't think you get my point. I'm saying that getting excited over a small uptick is tantamount to "crying wolf" now. And will work against public health and all of us later, in the event of a new pandemic, as most (not just a minority) will not comply with countermeasures.
I think you are right. I think all of the upticks from early 2021 on were "crying wolf."

Old 08-31-2023, 08:19 PM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Beyond funny. Stand up comedy in plans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts