Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 03:12 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times

Advertisements

Looking at the county distribution it’s clear the NY situation is hurting Massachusetts.

Hampden and Berkshire county are 2 of the 3 highest concentrations in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 03:12 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Apparently 60 and over is old, in Massachusetts
It is not happening in my state, but the state i moved out of:Massachusetts. Such a good decision.

So your 60 or older in a Mass hospital with a ventilator, a younger patient comes into the hospital, what does Mass do? yank the ventilator from the older person for the younger people?

Would like to see a photo or list of who makes up the "State of Massachusetts's Crisis Standards of Care Advisory Committee" that has issued the edict to test my foregone conclusion who makes up the committee.
Right you could be working on a cure for cancer but if you’re over 60 and 30 yr old criminal needs the ventilator- see ya. Ugh.

Last edited by Bridge781; 04-08-2020 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: J

Old 04-08-2020, 03:24 PM

15,798 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
3 days seems a bit low. My employer, a global CM, requires one full week (7 days) before returning to manufacturing sites. Dev sites are working from home until local governance lifts non-essential isolation measures ... the decided to not game the system.
7 days full pay? That’s pretty good.

I believe we are following what our Asian sites do. It’s technically 72 hours after fever subsides, or 7 days after last symptom.

Its made manufacturing difficult these days as 1) a lot of workers don’t feel safe coming in so they don’t. And 2) what workers that do come in get sent home at a low threshold temp.

Dev engineers are splitting time WFH and going into the lab

Old 04-08-2020, 03:50 PM

636 posts, read 706,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Right you could be working on a cure for cancer but if you’re over 60 and 30 yr old criminal needs the ventilator- see ya. Ugh.

Also,about the young Massachusetts person who went to Spring Break last month, mocked about coronavirus on her social media page ,then returned to Massachusetts ony to come down with the virus. I have a link to that story
She would now get a ventilator in a Massachusetts hospital over a older Massachusetts resident.

Massachusetts use to have the best hospitals in the world. .
Not any longer.
They lost their trustworthiness.
Now they play games with people's lives like a third world country hospitals.

Last edited by wror; 04-08-2020 at 04:04 PM..

Old 04-08-2020, 06:21 PM

12,431 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post

Also,about the young Massachusetts person who went to Spring Break last month, mocked about coronavirus on her social media page ,then returned to Massachusetts ony to come down with the virus. I have a link to that story
She would now get a ventilator in a Massachusetts hospital over a older Massachusetts resident.

Massachusetts use to have the best hospitals in the world. .
Not any longer.
They lost their trustworthiness.
Now they play games with people's lives like a third world country hospitals.
I think the thing that you're not recognizing is that it doesn't matter WHICH state you're in, if the hospitals don't have enough ventilators, then not everyone will get one. Do the math. And no matter who is left out, they and their loves ones will be angry and hurt. And making such choices will weigh heavy on the medical staff who need to carry them out - I sure wouldn't want that job.

So rather than put staffers in the position of agonizing over arbitrary decisions of life and death, it makes sense to provide a policy that takes them out of the equation, so they are not directly responsible, and things can be managed in some rational manner. Otherwise you'd have chaos and staffers quitting - there may *still* be some of that in fact.

Try to have a little compassion for the caregivers, not just the patients.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:25 PM

I guess I missed the racist part ?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I guess I missed the racist part ?
You just happened to miss where he said a group of non white medical professionals were planning on committing white genocide?

Old 04-08-2020, 08:19 PM

Oh I did see that a few pages back.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:32 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times
Massachusetts coronavirus numbers: 433 deaths and 16,790 cases.

https://www.bostonherald.com/

But another article is titled "Massachusetts sewage suggests more than 100K coronavirus cases in state: MIT lab"

And if they're saying it in an MIT lab, how can it not be true?

Old 04-08-2020, 11:51 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It's not for the wearer. It's so the wearer who is infected doesn't infect everyone else. The goal here is to knock R0 down so we stop having large outbreaks. If everyone wears a mask and practices at least some social distancing, the transmission rate drops to a manageable level and we can restart the economy. Of course, the Orange Cheeto refusing to wear a mask is absolutely the wrong messaging.
YES, it IS to protect the wearer.
Or are ALL our first responders infected?
Please people, think about this critically.

Here is someone who spoke out recently:
In the Local.fr (French news in English) it was reported that television presenter Marina Carrere d'Encausse, herself a doctor, said that the French government line that masks were only useful for carers was a "lie (told) for a good cause". To say that they just prevent the spread, and not the acquisition of pathogens is equally untrue. And more than one country is guilty.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 04-08-2020 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts