Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 07:13 AM

875 posts, read 663,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
This is big news! Surprising that no one's mentioned it today?

https://www.wbur.org/news/2021/08/19...eCC3Ez3on9iftQ
Yup, and just like clockwork, MA Correction Officers' Federated Union says it's "pursuing all legal and legislative remedies at [its] disposal" to oppose an executive order requiring state employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 .......... even though this is precisely the setting where this is appropriate, like nursing homes

http://www.mcofu.com/docs/MCOFUs%20M...%20MANDATE.pdf

Who’d have thought that these snowflakes, who weren’t even good enough to reach the low bar to be a real cop, would end up chest thumping again based on a lack of reasoning or critical thinking skills?

Muh freedom!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 07:58 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Nice let's just belittle people based on their profession and perhaps lack of opportunities.

Plenty of nurses and EMTs out there aren't getting the vaccine either. All the losers in life are refusing the vaccine as far as this forum is concerned.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:08 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Nice let's just belittle people based on their profession and perhaps lack of opportunities.

Plenty of nurses and EMTs out there aren't getting the vaccine either. All the losers in life are refusing the vaccine as far as this forum is concerned.

Doctors and RNs are getting the vaccine. Most of the refusers are people with clinical experience, but minimal education like LPNs, phlebotomists, and EMTs. Those are valuable jobs, but their training is in the practice and requires little to no experience with research. You can become an EMT with just a few weeks of training - it was a popular thing at my high school to train as an EMT as a summer job in a local tourist area.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:11 AM

Not all of them are.

You're missing my point as well. The poster above felt the need to attack correction officers as not being capable of becoming cops first of all which he really has no idea about. Then I guess he's blasting all corrections officers as being anti vaccine. Way too much elitism here.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/coronaviru...et-her-choice/

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/lab...covid-vaccines

Old 08-20-2021, 08:24 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
Yup, and just like clockwork, MA Correction Officers' Federated Union says it's "pursuing all legal and legislative remedies at [its] disposal" to oppose an executive order requiring state employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 .......... even though this is precisely the setting where this is appropriate, like nursing homes

http://www.mcofu.com/docs/MCOFUs%20M...%20MANDATE.pdf

Who’d have thought that these snowflakes, who weren’t even good enough to reach the low bar to be a real cop, would end up chest thumping again based on a lack of reasoning or critical thinking skills?

Muh freedom!!
Very interesting. I don't want to make judgments about their intelligence, because I have a friend who's a Middlesex corrections officer. He was offered the vax very early...back in January...and told me that he would be declining it. I didn't push the issue at the time, but now I do wonder if his attitude is more indicative of how the whole union feels.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:29 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Not all of them are.

You're missing my point as well. The poster above felt the need to attack correction officers as not being capable of becoming cops first of all which he really has no idea about. Then I guess he's blasting all corrections officers as being anti vaccine. Way too much elitism here.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/coronaviru...et-her-choice/

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/lab...covid-vaccines

The corrections officer union is opposing vaccine mandates, so I think it's safe to say that most correction officers are anti-vaccine.

There's no elitism in saying that not all opinions are equal, and that those without an advanced education in epidemiology, medicine, public health, and/or research do not have a leg to stand on compared to those who do.

I don't know about you, but I want my doctor to be an elitist! I seek out the best doctors I can find from the best med schools with the best residencies. They should be elite if we're putting out trust in them!

Old 08-20-2021, 08:34 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The corrections officer union is opposing vaccine mandates, so I think it's safe to say that most correction officers are anti-vaccine.
With Judges all being over a certain age... good luck finding a fair and impartial judge to uphold their rights.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:35 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:

Haven't you learned by now this forum is occupied by elites who ramble on with statistics and have not been out of the house in 18 months unless its with a double mask ,two Vaxxs with a booster on the way. .Oh and don't EVER disagree lol

Old 08-20-2021, 08:36 AM

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news...ate-for-boston

Masks are back for public indoor spaces in Boston now.

Ok so let's just call all corrections officers dumb since that's where this is going. Anyone who isnt college educated must be refusing the vaccine.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:37 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Haven't you learned by now this forum is occupied by elites who ramble on with statistics and have not been out of the house in 18 months unless its with a double mask ,two Vaxxs with a booster on the way.
There definitely are a few of those folks here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts