Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 09:51 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
In Massachusetts I am willing to wait until June. But in other states I can't see how it makes any sense to keep people in their homes where they hardly have any cases.
Uh, why do you think some other states have hardly any cases??? Because we started distancing BEFORE it got a chance to spread at a high rate! What kind of sane person would put their guard down when it's still out of control in neighboring states, assuming there is no travel ban between those states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 09:53 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I’m hoping the heat helps kill this virus.

Old 04-23-2020, 10:19 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
you assumed i did not understand that you did not want people from high populated areas with a high amount of cases coming into your rural area spreading the virus I understood that fully.
Not what you said before.

Quote:
I told you that govenors can not even LIMIT the amount of people at a religous ceremony. This falls into the first amendment for freedom of religion and the right to assemble. The govenors have made a ton of voilations to the bill of rights. if anyone was has a problem with reading comprehension its you with your thick head. the moderators will not do anything about your insults i have reported you so i will not hold back at throwing punches at you.
You made a false claim that ALL religious gatherings were banned, and I proved you wrong. But you are wrong once again, and the courts disagree with you as do the Attorneys General of all 50 states. I guess you understand the Bill of Rights better than they do?

Quote:
you will say but people are endangering others health. If the person does not know he or she has a virus then its not knowingly endangering lives. If the person knows they have corona virus then yes they are knowingly endangering others. Those people are willing to take the risk of getting sick by going to church and its their god given right. It is up to the church not the govement to have common sense at taking precautions. They are micromanaging with govermental powers and to me it feels like we are already in a police state when the national guard goes door to door of houses for a virus that has not even killed the same amount as the common flu. they should of selectively quarentened people instead of this broad lets assume everyone has the virus . even though scientifically anyone could have it the bill of rights is more important to preserve.
Because people in the field who are a lot smarter than you or I, have determined that due to the nature of this virus we are all assumed carriers unless proven otherwise and that not taking proper precautions is reckless behavior that is potentially dangerous to others. In turn, state governments are granted an enormous amount of power under the US Constitution to do what is necessary in addressing major threats to public health. That includes crowd limiting.

Quote:
In Michigan you can not buy seeds for a garden or gardening tools why? Some think they dont want people to be self sufficeint by growing their own food that they want people to rely on the goverment. Even if that is not the case why no garden seeds? talk about micromanaging goverment.
Because they have ruled that human life is more important than your friggin garden. Go figure...

Quote:
The government is horrible at keeping people safe.
That's certainly open for debate, but something tells me if they let this grow more out of control and your mother was in her death bed; you would be the first person out there saying "why didn't they do more to protect us!".

Quote:
This video explains if the person knows they have the virus then they are responsible for endandgering others if the person has no knowledge of them having the virus then they can not be found at fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKs3E4w4Uw
No but they can be found at fault for violating orders issued by state and local governments that were implemented to prevent the spread of a contagious disease.

Quote:
So what govenor Cuomo is doing is giving suggestions in the disguise of orders. There will be no prosecution for not following his suggestions. His suggestions are unconstitutional but are only suggestions not orders as the video explains.
A "suggestion" is unconstitutional??? Oh man I learn something new every day.
Quote:
try to put politics aside on this one this is a Judge who knows the laws. There is a gun shop refusing to shut down buisness in massechusetts and they are not doing anything about it because all this is just suggestions disguised as orders.
It has nothing to do with politics bro, it is you trying to turn it into that.

Quote:
As mentioned in the video I will give a link why govenors can not shut down buisness because a state can not interfere with CONTRACTS. So NO a state has no legal authority to shut down any buisness because its a violation of the contract a buisness has.. So that means they can not shut down bars or restaurants.
Huh??? For one, businesses can be shut down for a variety of reasons. Two, restaurants are not being forced to be shut down, but TEMPORARILY required to refrain from dine-in service in the midst of a public health crisis.

Bottom line, is this is all about YOU and the fact that you can't get a damn haircut right now. There are a whole lot of people who'd be happy to trade place with you right now, I promise.

Last edited by massnative71; 04-23-2020 at 11:17 AM..

Old 04-23-2020, 12:27 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,100,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Heat hasn’t bothered the virus in Florida.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:34 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
Heat hasn’t bothered the virus in Florida.
Deaths per 1 million population is much lower in California and Florida than any of the other top 10 states.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:41 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
I wish this were true...but no scientific data backing this up unfortunately.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:42 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Quote:
Not the case at all. Witness the spreads in hot countries.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:46 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
More evidence that this virus is everywhere already.

NY tested 3K people that were out and about and found 14% already had antibodies for it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...cid=spartanntp

Old 04-23-2020, 01:01 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Ok I guess we’ll have a crappy summer then.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:02 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
More evidence that this virus is everywhere already.

NY tested 3K people that were out and about and found 14% already had antibodies for it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...cid=spartanntp
Here is the part that blows your mind...

Reuters) - New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday a screening of 3,000 residents found that 13.9 percent tested positive for antibodies for the novel coronavirus, suggesting that some 2.7 million people across the state may have been infected.

We need to head back to work asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts