Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 02:59 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
If Pence ever said anything about Massachusetts, please let me know with a link or quote or anything.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...ng-boston/amp/

Quote:
“We’re watching the Chicago metro area. We’re watching the Boston metro area,” Pence said at a White House press briefing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 02:59 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Nonsense. You can't test every employee who works at a nursing home daily. They're not even testing front line hospital employees who haven't been known to be exposed. The best you can do in a nursing home is hit them with a thermometer a couple times per shift and make sure they're following infection control procedures.
True - at my parents' assisted living facility, employees are tested when they come in, at lunch, and when they leave. Even with that, there are 7 employees and 3 residents that have tested positive as of right now with some asymptomatic.

I read about a nursing home I believe in NJ that has locked down staff and they are working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week to eliminate to potential for infection. They have taken over the normal areas such as workout, dining, recreation areas to sellp.

Old 04-13-2020, 03:01 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
"We’re watching the Boston metro area."

That's meaningful?

Old 04-13-2020, 03:06 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
If Pence ever said anything about Massachusetts, please let me know with a link or quote or anything. I'm not bringing politics into this. I'm bringing leadership into this. Specifically: lack of federal leadership.

Baker was far ahead of the curve of our federal administration.
Have only lived in MA for ~3 yrs, and there are many times I've felt fortunate to be here despite the high cost of living. Once was in 2017 when Obamacare was going to be repealed, and I could rest assured that we would still have Romneycare in case I would ever need to fall back on it. Second is the present--not only because of Baker's calm demeanor and leadership, but also the world class medical care we can all access but sometimes seem to take for granted.

Old 04-13-2020, 03:07 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
True - at my parents' assisted living facility, employees are tested when they come in, at lunch, and when they leave. Even with that, there are 7 employees and 3 residents that have tested positive as of right now with some asymptomatic.

I read about a nursing home I believe in NJ that has locked down staff and they are working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week to eliminate to potential for infection. They have taken over the normal areas such as workout, dining, recreation areas to sellp.
Wait--surely you're not talking about the COVID-19 screening being done 3 times/day for each employee?! That would be truly hard to believe, given the overall scarcity. You must mean temperature scans, right?

Old 04-13-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
"We’re watching the Boston metro area."

That's meaningful?

You asked for a quote. There ya go.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 04-13-2020 at 03:47 PM..

Old 04-13-2020, 03:46 PM

JUST IN: Bernie Rubin, founder of Bernie and Phyls, dies of coronavirus-related illness, family members say. Details in app.

I’d add the link but for some reason it’s not translating over properly from my app. That’s a shame

Old 04-13-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
You asked for a quote. There ya go.
Fair enough. He did say "Boston." I thought there might have been some substance to it, but that wouldn't be very Mike Pence.

Old 04-13-2020, 04:17 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Fair enough. He did say "Boston." I thought there might have been some substance to it, but that wouldn't be very Mike Pence.
That the article didn't contain substance, doesn't mean that the reasoning didn't.

Quote:
JUST IN: Bernie Rubin, founder of Bernie and Phyls, dies of coronavirus-related illness, family members say. Details in app.

I’d add the link but for some reason it’s not translating over properly from my app. That’s a shame
That the guy from the commercials? Sad either way.

Old 04-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
That the article didn't contain substance, doesn't mean that the reasoning didn't.
There doesn't seem to be any reasoning on his part. Or ever. I actually thought he was just a cut-out cardboard statue they stuck in photos. If he said more that meant anything, I'd like to read about it. If you think any of this administration's club of bozos has handled this well, then we'll never see eye to eye.

I know you dislike Baker. That's your opinion and that's fine, but if you can look at our pathetic federal response to this well-advertised pandemic and the revolving door of inept idiots like Pence and Kushner, who claimed the federal stockpile of PPEs "were supposed to be our stockpile," not the states', then we also will never see eye to eye.

I err on the side of caution always, and though I'll never lead much of anything, that's probably a good trait to have if you have your hands on the controls during a global pandemic. Thousands more will have died here in the US because of this administration's ineptitude.

This is the new liberal hoax, right? If it weren't for competent local leadership, like Baker, and even those in my town, there'd be even more dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts