Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 07:41 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Im 41 and I’m afraid of getting it.
Im 34 and healthy. I’m distancing because I’m taking it pretty seriously. My girlfriend is 27 and healthy - she feels the same. It’s not because we are being told to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 07:44 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I also have no health issues whatsoever. Many people who have gotten it are in the same boat.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:46 AM

I wonder what will happen with the billion dollar stadium opening in LA this summer in July.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:49 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I'm 39 and pretty healthy and strong, but I still don't want to get this thing. I'm the posterchild for getting a man-cold and my wife would kill me

Old 04-15-2020, 07:50 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
I wonder what will happen with the billion dollar stadium opening in LA this summer in July.
I doubt it will open up . Maybe all sports will be televised in florida but i could not see how they could have every baseball game in florida but maybe they could.

I am seeing china opened up their lockdown by lying to the people that the virus was gone so they could go back to work. Only to get ready for a second lockdown becuase it did not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wcdm-55Xg4

We can look at china at how long we have to be lockdowned or how long this virus will be around. It does not look good. they had this virus since at least november probably because someone dropped a beaker from the biolab.

It could take 10 years for a vaccine? thats what that reporter said.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:53 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
Im 41 and I’m afraid of getting it.
I'm 42 and couldn't care less if I got it or not. Some will remain afraid while others will be back in restaurants and on planes as soon as this clears. My argument is that enough are in the latter category to entice restaurants, airlines, and others to resume operations once the all-clear to resume is given.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:01 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
I'm 42 and couldn't care less if I got it or not. Some will remain afraid while others will be back in restaurants and on planes as soon as this clears. My argument is that enough are in the latter category to entice restaurants, airlines, and others to resume operations once the all-clear to resume is given.
Agreed that some will be ready to go, and some will be more cautious/reserved. The point is that between the higher risk populations and the lower-risk-but-still-cautious populations, it's not going to be enough for the restaurant or travel industries to operate at pre-COVID levels. And there won't be an "all-clear." There well be a gradual rollback of restrictions over time, so restaurants, airlines, and other industries will still be dealing with at least limited restrictions for some time to come. And there's a good chance that if we see additional spikes (which appears to be a certainty), we will step up distancing measures again.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:10 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Agreed that some will be ready to go, and some will be more cautious/reserved. The point is that between the higher risk populations and the lower-risk-but-still-cautious populations, it's not going to be enough for the restaurant or travel industries to operate at pre-COVID levels. And there won't be an "all-clear." There well be a gradual rollback of restrictions over time, so restaurants, airlines, and other industries will still be dealing with at least limited restrictions for some time to come. And there's a good chance that if we see additional spikes (which appears to be a certainty), we will step up distancing measures again.
I am 40 and I would only be afraid in subways and buses and a little in the grocery store.I would not want to fly in airplane or go on a cruise. I would have no problem going to restaurants . So I am in between the really frightened and could care less. It all depends on the situation.

I practice social distancing but people walk up close to me even when they have a mask. I have not been wearing a mask. I would be interested in getting a n95 but I was told that those masks should be reserved for the doctors and nurses . if everyone could get a n95 mask i think that would help alot.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:11 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Not at pre-COVID highs, but enough to re-open. I don't see a restaurant thinking they can only get 70% of the pre-COVID traffic saying they'll just stay closed rather than adjust to making 70% what they did before. Plus, with how many have adjusted to offering takeout/delivery, they might be able to make back that other 30% via takeout/delivery now.

We didn't need 12 flights a day to ATL or 4 flights a day to LHR, but 4/2 is reasonable and sustainable after restrictions lift. If there's a pool of us screaming at airlines to take our money, they'll find a way to take it.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:16 AM

I’m actually happy that flights and travel will be much different for a while than what they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts