Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 06:46 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m kind of wondering when non-critical state services might open back up. First world problem but I have a boat trailer I need to title and register. You can’t do it through the mail.
My liscense expires this month but I called the police and they said I did not need to worry becuase they exteneded it until July for me. The RMV is closed only for neccessary transactions. I can renew my license online though.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-11-2020 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 05:45 AM

11,053 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Yes most people I see are wearing a mask as well. It’s the rules.

So is anyone scheduled to go back to the office on Monday?
Whatever people think about masks, the issue really hasn't been as crystal clear as everyone is pretending it is. This is from the CDC (and funded by the WHO) in February 2020 (and actually labeled May 2020), not Trump supporting Qanon protesters (not even Americans): https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Old 05-12-2020, 05:57 AM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
In the small town where I live, people call ahead for their order and are given a time for pickup and/or curbside pickup. No crowded lobbies.
That's how I did mother's day dinner pickup.

I called for 5PM. At 5PM, I pulled out front and called the restaurant and they brought out my food to me at the car.

I've done the same for a HD and lowes pickup. Just pull out front in a designated spot and they toss it in the pickup bed.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:46 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
This is how most of the places around here are doing takeout too. Almost every online order is tied to a time slot.
Most places in this area are trying to do it this way, some more successfully than others. In my personal experience I have found that places that have really rethought operations and are doing direct takeout only with ordering via Toast Tab or telephone, and being realistic about the volume they can handle are handling the flow much better. Orders are ready on time and people don't have to be tempted to congregate while they wait for orders. Restaurants doing a lot of delivery or ordering via the 3rd party apps can sometimes be a cluster. Many of the delivery drivers don't do a good job of social distancing or even wearing masks outside of the restaurants. That puts employees and normal customers picking up orders at risk.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:07 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
My liscense expires this month but I called the police and they said I did not need to worry becuase they exteneded it until July for me. The RMV is closed only for neccessary transactions. I can renew my license online though.
If you can renew online, then do it. It's still going to expire on your birthday in five years.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:32 AM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
I do takeout basically every day and I think most restaurants have worked it out so that pickup is not an issue. The majority I go to do curbside, so you either pull into an assigned spot and call, or you drive up in a line of cars, give your name and they bring it out. The restaurants that still have you come in are pretty small are good about marking spots on the floor so you're not too close together.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:11 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
That's how I did mother's day dinner pickup.

I called for 5PM. At 5PM, I pulled out front and called the restaurant and they brought out my food to me at the car.
I do wear a mask for the pickup (they often bring out the credit card bill for it). They are wearing masks. People can go in one at a time to pickup if need be.

This restaurant is also carrying bulk groceries for purchase. It's a real community jewel. I overtip of course.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:13 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
My company just announced that they're not going to entertain a return to the office before Labor Day. There are a very small percentage of people who have to be on-site to maintain the sites and the hardware, but otherwise, everyone is out until after Labor Day at a minimum.

My manager went further to say that she will not expect to see anyone in the office for the rest of the year.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:43 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
If you sneeze in mask the mask will not stop the sneeze. This video demonstrates you might not even be protecting others with the mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRL1GXu5DE

Old 05-12-2020, 08:44 AM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
My company just announced that they're not going to entertain a return to the office before Labor Day. There are a very small percentage of people who have to be on-site to maintain the sites and the hardware, but otherwise, everyone is out until after Labor Day at a minimum.

My manager went further to say that she will not expect to see anyone in the office for the rest of the year.
Wow, this is incredible. So far our company is out till June 1, but there's no plan for return to work just yet, so would not be surprised if it extends longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts