Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2020, 10:48 AM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It is not transmitted through the air its transmitted through droplets.
Droplets which land on surfaces, as well as microdroplets which are aerosolized and transmitted via sneezing, coughing, or just talking. You need gloves & hand washing to protect against the former, and masks to protect against the latter. There are real case studies backing this up, most recently cited in the blog post that got a lot of publicity:

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them

To state otherwise is simply wrong and misleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 10:55 AM

295 posts, read 317,290 times
Can open everything up but if people dont feel safe it wont matter. Unless theres a vaccine the governor can open everything up but demand is so weakened that theres a possibility its a money losing situation. As a barber, you pay to cool your space in the summer whether none or fifty people come for a haircut.

Also I hope any restaurants that closed for a lengthy period of time are subject to a health inspection before reopening. Just imagine possible issues with rodents in an unattended place that serves food. I wouldnt want to be the first customers thats for sure.

Last edited by Steephill2; 05-17-2020 at 11:05 AM..

Old 05-17-2020, 11:14 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Droplets which land on surfaces, as well as microdroplets which are aerosolized and transmitted via sneezing, coughing, or just talking. You need gloves & hand washing to protect against the former, and masks to protect against the latter. There are real case studies backing this up, most recently cited in the blog post that got a lot of publicity:

droplets in the air and airborne is different. that lady is like a top 10 percent scientist. I will take her advice. did you read all her credentials?

she is not a doctor in a urgent care center.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:

Gloves don’t really protect you unless you know how to use gloves, which in my limited observation most people don’t. I think for most people gloves do more harm through a false sense of security than the good they do.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steephill2 View Post
Can open everything up but if people dont feel safe it wont matter. Unless theres a vaccine the governor can open everything up but demand is so weakened that theres a possibility its a money losing situation. As a barber, you pay to cool your space in the summer whether none or fifty people come for a haircut.

Also I hope any restaurants that closed for a lengthy period of time are subject to a health inspection before reopening. Just imagine possible issues with rodents in an unattended place that serves food. I wouldnt want to be the first customers thats for sure.
I went to new hampshire to get a haircut and the barber was full with people. I think most will not be scared to get a haircut.

Ya you got me scared with restaurants and rodents. do they get inspection before opening again if not that is discusting.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
droplets in the air and airborne is different. that lady is like a top 10 percent scientist. I will take her advice. did you read all her credentials?

she is not a doctor in a urgent care center.
I go by actual hard data, and scientists / politicians who use data, instead of opinions. Did you read about the actual instances of transmission in the blog post I cited?

Old 05-17-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Well, it's just like drinking out of a water bottle over and over again without washing or replacing it. That's why you wash the bottle's mouth or use a disposable and replace it every so often or risk getting infections. Same with masks, either cleanse them periodically or use disposables and dispose of them after 1-2 times use.
Does not change the fact that it lowers your oxygen level. It will put stress on your immune system.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I go by actual hard data, and scientists / politicians who use data, instead of opinions. Did you read about the actual instances of transmission in the blog post I cited?
yes i read it scientists linked to politicians are corrupt. why is it a top 10 scientist has a opinion but because you linked a article written by someone its not a opinion?

that women is extreamly educated with over 25 years of experience with the immune system and molecular biology.

you just dont like the info.

If we used the treatments she suggested we would not need lockdowns which ruin the economy. people would recover quicker and there would be less mortality.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:36 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Gloves don’t really protect you unless you know how to use gloves, which in my limited observation most people don’t. I think for most people gloves do more harm through a false sense of security than the good they do.
My experience in working with geri patients and doing incontinent care was that we knew how to use gloves correctly but it sure wouldn't happen in the general public. I don't understand why people wear gloves as if the virus will get sucked into their palms. This is not Ebola or Hep B for transmission. It is not a contact issue but I suppose that is beside the point to the average person. They don't want to hear that person-to-person breath/talking/less-than-roughly-six-feet interaction is the primary transmitter.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
yes i read it scientists linked to politicians are corrupt.
You obviously didn't read the post. I was referring to the evidence cited in several different cases of proven COVID infection: the choir in Washington state, the birthday party / funeral in Chicago, and the curling event in Canada. What the heck is the connection between that evidence, and corrupt politicians? Are you doubting that the infections took place, or you have a better theory for why people got infected at those events?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts