Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 06:01 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

6,620 Total Coronavirus Cases in Mass. and 89 have died. Only one didn’t have pre-existing condition. With those statistics Do you believe it’s worth destroying the economy....I don’t think so!

Quote:

All but five of the newly reported deaths were in their 70s, 80s or 90s. One was over 100 years old, three were in their 60s and one was in their 50s. Only ”one” definitively did not have a pre-existing condition, and most of them had been hospitalized.
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...setts/2100189/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 06:06 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
6,620 Total Coronavirus Cases in Mass. and 89 have died. Only one didn’t have pre-existing condition.
Yes I think it is insane. Also many of the cases are in the greater Boston area. Any county that has less than 100 cases should be going on as usual.

I would also ask if these "guidelines" are working at all as it seems obvious this virus is making it to nursing home and places where elders could be.

Another factor pointing to the idea we are all infected anyway. Symptoms or not.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:16 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Preexisting condition could be obesity, asthma, hypertension, etc things that effect huge portions of the population. It’s not like “preexisting condition” means “on your deathbed already”.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:19 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
There are some very nice paved walking paths near my apartment complex. I've tried walking there (I need to go out to take my dog for walks); but the paths are too narrow for walkers and joggers if both don't move; and often joggers (and bikers) seem to think that social distance means I should move off the path (even if it's muddy or there are bushes or another jogger coming in the opposite direction) rather than them. So I drive five to ten minutes to parks with wider paths and fields and (in one of them) no bikers or joggers.

People do need to get out and get some fresh air and move and around though; especially parents of young children (or owners of dogs). It's a pretty basic human need. Maybe there should be more law enforcement policing the parks and hiking trails, if that's available.
Right we have always gone for walks with the kids and dog to various hiking trails. Feels a little annoying that every time we go to our spots now they are flooded with people wanting to do the same thing.

I’m used to avoiding crowded places which is why I never go to the north end or south end anymore-basically any popular spot in town. Maybe going there for a walk wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Probably a ghost town.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:20 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

How long would the bridge be shut down for? If it’s just for the next few weeks i say go for it.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:20 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Do these people who want to close the bridges also support refunding the full freight property taxes paid by non resident homeowners?
Should the cities that closed bars suspend property tax on those properties?

The house still exists it’s just that if the Capes population swells to 550,000 their hospitals will be overwhelmed. It’s an immense danger to the residents of the Cape.

Last edited by btownboss4; 04-01-2020 at 06:36 AM..

Old 04-01-2020, 06:24 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

Preexisting condition could be obesity, asthma, hypertension, etc things that effect huge portions of the population. It’s not like “preexisting condition” means “on your deathbed already”.
God forbid If we head into a depression..the corona virus will be the least of our problems!

Old 04-01-2020, 06:27 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Do these people who want to close the bridges also support refunding the full freight property taxes paid by non resident homeowners?
They are not losing the rights to own their property. Furthermore, it is not even tourist season yet. If this was a normal year they would not be going to the Cape until May or June.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:28 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Right and you are where the pre-existing conditions can also include a compromised immunity system which depending on various pumps medications. It's extremely naive to suggest that somehow this is only for the elderly. How about this watch television for a day or so and count the number of medications and then look up if using those said medications create a compromised immunity system. Chances are they do.

Know anybody going through chemotherapy? As it's pretty much one of the only real ways to treat cancer that also creates a compromised immune system. So in a fact you're telling people if they catch cancer that they should just die. Because under your logic you think of something for existing hey it's fine they're going to go anyway right?

Call economy being destroyed let me ask you something how come the stock market isn't at 0 right now? How come the Baltic dry index which actually shows aggregate demand for purchase Goods overseas had its biggest one day gain in two years. explain to us why Apple computer is still worth a trillion dollars in the stock is only dropped to a low of November.

During any type of downturn we generally looked more toward technology and we're able to use it. After 9/11 airlines are effectively shut down and there was some more teleconferencing. After 2008 we had the Advent of social media and smartphones which dramatically cut down quite a bit of traveling. YouMail replace regular mail, online shops replace regular shops, food delivery start coming up with Postmates and ubereats. You can't go to the gym okay buy some gym equipment and workout at home. Your coffee shop isn't open anymore okay fine Brew at home. Your bar isn't open okay fine buy some booze and drink at home.

Anything a large groups of people probably isn't coming back. Kids aren't going back to school for this school season and I argue and probably will see a delay for next School season if not the other one just going online. Movie theaters go online. Sports well they're boring anyway just pass, at least days you can probably just stream some PlayStation 4 game and then people won't notice the difference.

Yeah I know you can't travel overseas I get it. You're going to spend and do something else. Get a hot tub, you some Landscaping work, picked up the car, fix up the house etc

Old 04-01-2020, 06:32 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes I think it is insane. Also many of the cases are in the greater Boston area. Any county that has less than 100 cases should be going on as usual.

I would also ask if these "guidelines" are working at all as it seems obvious this virus is making it to nursing home and places where elders could be.

Another factor pointing to the idea we are all infected anyway. Symptoms or not.
Compare California (under lockdown early) deaths to NY deaths (under lockdown late).

CA = 181
NY = 1714

That's not consistent with this idea that you've been peddling that "we're all infected anyway".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts