Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 03:06 PM

323 posts, read 994,126 times

Advertisements

I am so excited for you!!!!! I can't wait to hear!

Old 12-16-2007, 03:09 PM

837 posts, read 1,713,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Some really good ideas and some I already do. Thanks. Today however the previous no show called at 11:45 and said they would like to come at 1:00; I did some quick stuff and had to take the two dogs and go pick my DP up at the tennis club. I figured I had about 1/2 hr after we got home to finish....arrived home and they were coming out the front door!!!! The vac was still out in the living room a laundry basket was waiting to go up stairs and some dishes were on the counter.....BUT I am sure they are making an offer. Don't know what but our first offer. The lived in look must have been good enough. (At all times the bathrooms are sparkling, the kitchen sink is clean and the waste baskets and garbage are emptied, and all surfaces are clear and dusted. (Today there may have been doggie nose prints on the slider. Thanks for the article
Oh my! There are folks out there who think that a home that looks lived in can be a real home for them. I'm happy for you Elston--hope this one is it!

Old 12-16-2007, 03:18 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeluvr View Post
Oh my! There are folks out there who think that a home that looks lived in can be a real home for them. I'm happy for you Elston--hope this one is it!
LOL! Our realtor keeps telling me that our home is cleaner and looks nicer than the majority of the homes in this area, and I fret over it all the time nonetheless! Maybe I should let some "life" happen here more often, rather than trying to maintain a showcase home! Is that the trick?

Old 12-16-2007, 03:54 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
that's a beautiful pic!!
I know, I know. You said this a couple of pages ago, but I have been gone most of the day and missed it. The picture is of the Mackinaw Bridge, and I used it in a thread about what bridges we thought we some of the most beautiful. This is the bridge between the Lower Peninsula and Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I have been over it hundreds of times, each time you just have to be impressed with how it looks. In the middle you are over 200 feet above the water.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM

874 posts, read 1,857,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
LOL! Our realtor keeps telling me that our home is cleaner and looks nicer than the majority of the homes in this area, and I fret over it all the time nonetheless! Maybe I should let some "life" happen here more often, rather than trying to maintain a showcase home! Is that the trick?
LOL The nicest house we looked at was picture perfect but we realized we would agonize over every ding the 6 kids made and the stress would not make it fun for us.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:59 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
LOL The nicest house we looked at was picture perfect but we realized we would agonize over every ding the 6 kids made and the stress would not make it fun for us.
Agony? You don't know the half of it! With 3 little ones, I'm following them around weekly with my little sponge brush, touching up paint! I've also been through at least half a dozen Mr. Clean magic erasers in the last 60 days cleaning up after them. Alexander is convinced beyond doubt that the freshly painted walls make the BEST coloring books!!

Of course, this is all while trying to SELL the house, but it's been so very stressful trying to keep everything perfect every day during this process. I swear I'm going to pull all my hair out before it's over!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:27 PM

837 posts, read 1,713,621 times
Quote:
Agony? You don't know the half of it! With 3 little ones, I'm following them around weekly with my little sponge brush, touching up paint! I've also been through at least half a dozen Mr. Clean magic erasers in the last 60 days cleaning up after them. Alexander is convinced beyond doubt that the freshly painted walls make the BEST coloring books!!

Of course, this is all while trying to SELL the house, but it's been so very stressful trying to keep everything perfect every day during this process. I swear I'm going to pull all my hair out before it's over!
El, I rent an apartment, get an inspection 2X a year. I'd go nuts trying to keep my place clean and polished for days on end and I don't even have kids. Must be tough!!!--hope you get an offer soon and can relax.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:43 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
I couldn't do it! I admire you all for doing it and keeping your sanity... I'd tell the realtor I need 24 hours and then hope like the dickens I could get it picked up in that amount of time

Old 12-16-2007, 05:47 PM

378 posts, read 1,031,724 times
AWESOME !!!!! tell her GO GET EM, TIGRESS !!!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:51 PM

378 posts, read 1,031,724 times
Quote:

well this will sound silly but I put a bunch of stuff along the walls to keep the lil ones from being able to 'reel' into them before when I was painting. Quick run through pick it all up ... probably less exhausting to just repaint.... I wasn't trying to sell the house, either --- just paint ONCE.

As well and I know it's too late for this ... but I painted the kitchen AND the bathroom and some walls with semi-gloss. Wipes right off. There's a paint they sell that makes a 'chalkboard' .. and we painted a whole wall in that so anyone could chalk it up. That took care of the other walls. Surprisingly.

Never mind. I'd rather wish you a buyer.
I wish you a merry buyer I wish you a merry buyer I wish you a merry buyer and a new year in maine .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine