Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,976,102 times

Advertisements

el - no it's our house here in WV - and Thank you!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:15 PM

48,183 posts, read 22,030,335 times
The showing has happened. I know the lady loved it and wanted to make an offer verbally. I was charming but told her that had to go thru our realtors.....she obviously loved it and can see herself living here....even asked about the drapes which she loved...She loved the yard and the way we decorated....the neighborhood, everything.

She did suggest that her offer might be less than our asking price....and tried to feel me out. I pointed out that we have marked it at below comparparable properties in the neighborhood but told her to go thru our realtors. She clearly likes to haggle and is a very international woman who has lived all over the world and is used to bargaining.

I think it is going to work out! Tomorrow is my DP birthday and he had predicted an offer on his birthday! Yesterday my son took possession of his first house--I think it is all about to happen!!! I hope I am not dashed on the rocks of despair. Keep me in your thoughts.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
I'm glad the showing went so well!! At least you got some positive feedback!
http://bestsmileys.com/fingers/1.gif (broken link)

Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Elston! My heart is in my throat!! I'm going to be on pins and needles with you until the word comes. 'Tis the season of magical gifts!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:22 PM

411 posts, read 900,041 times
How awesome Elston! I think that feelings about things like this usually turn out right. She really seemed to like things you said, and I know from my own experience that I've only asked questions like that when I could actually picture myself living there. It's neat, that feeling. We looked at about a million places every time we've bought a home, and each time we found "the one" we knew when we walked in. Even w/our first home here in Maine, which was a doublewide, and found rather in desperation. We had closed on our CT home about a month previous, and needed to stop living in a camper in my mom's front yard, lol. Same thing happened here. This house is it, forever. We love it here, and knew we would the moment we walked in.

Sounds promising, and congrats!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:29 PM

48,183 posts, read 22,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
This is a good article on last minute cleaning - great for those impromptu house showings, Elston!

http://home.aol.com/organize/article/_a/good-enough-housekeeping/20071120144509990003 (broken link)
Some really good ideas and some I already do. Thanks. Today however the previous no show called at 11:45 and said they would like to come at 1:00; I did some quick stuff and had to take the two dogs and go pick my DP up at the tennis club. I figured I had about 1/2 hr after we got home to finish....arrived home and they were coming out the front door!!!! The vac was still out in the living room a laundry basket was waiting to go up stairs and some dishes were on the counter.....BUT I am sure they are making an offer. Don't know what but our first offer. The lived in look must have been good enough. (At all times the bathrooms are sparkling, the kitchen sink is clean and the waste baskets and garbage are emptied, and all surfaces are clear and dusted. (Today there may have been doggie nose prints on the slider. Thanks for the article

Old 12-16-2007, 02:37 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,882,325 times
Elston, I am so excited for you!!! Crossing all fingers and toes.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:49 PM

454 posts, read 887,071 times
Elston, my wish for you is to receive yet another reason to celebrate this holiday season....good things are coming your way
Hold fast to your faith

Old 12-16-2007, 02:59 PM

454 posts, read 887,071 times
Oh my gosh, under the weather for a few days, and there is no way to keep up with all of you ...

Bydand, I hope your brother continues to recover and that you all enjoy your holiday

Molly...just as I suspected.....gorgeous young'uns!!

El, your sister has a beautiful "shine" to her, congratulations to your whole family! (And a belated happy birthday to your little one)

to be continued..

Old 12-16-2007, 03:02 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,205,171 times
Talking Hello Elston!

Great news!! WOW!!

This is the Season for miracles!! Hang in there! It will happen!

Lots of luck with the whole thing!
Best of wishes! Keep us posted!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The showing has happened. I know the lady loved it and wanted to make an offer verbally. I was charming but told her that had to go thru our realtors.....she obviously loved it and can see herself living here....even asked about the drapes which she loved...She loved the yard and the way we decorated....the neighborhood, everything.

She did suggest that her offer might be less than our asking price....and tried to feel me out. I pointed out that we have marked it at below comparparable properties in the neighborhood but told her to go thru our realtors. She clearly likes to haggle and is a very international woman who has lived all over the world and is used to bargaining.

I think it is going to work out! Tomorrow is my DP birthday and he had predicted an offer on his birthday! Yesterday my son took possession of his first house--I think it is all about to happen!!! I hope I am not dashed on the rocks of despair. Keep me in your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine