Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 AM

454 posts, read 887,071 times

Advertisements

Ever hear of the men's a cappella group, "Straight, no chaser"?
For your holiday listening enjoyment..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8

Don't forget to turn up your sound!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Oh, Bewitched, that's fantastic!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
Default Mnn

I published this week's Maine Nature News. Did you know there was an earthquake last week? I hadn't heard about it until this morning.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:08 PM

37,496 posts, read 61,484,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I published this week's Maine Nature News. Did you know there was an earthquake last week? I hadn't heard about it until this morning.
In Topsham?

No, I had not heard a thing.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM

874 posts, read 1,857,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
Ever hear of the men's a cappella group, "Straight, no chaser"?
For your holiday listening enjoyment..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8

Don't forget to turn up your sound!
Love it! I'm sending this on for sure.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:18 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,205,171 times
Thumbs up Hello Skytrekker!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!To you Skytrekker!

Thank you for your message & kind words!

What are you having for your holiday menu!!?? You always have amazing menus!!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Merry Christmas! Countrylv22 and all on the Northern New England forums.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,205,171 times
Talking HELLO MEnME!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JANICE!!

What a nice post! Thank you for sharing!

I am glad that your husband is doing better!

BLESSINGS to you & everyone else that reads this!!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
Hello Everyone,

Gosh, I just can't find much time to visit the forum...between school, visiting with friends, and preparations for Christmas, I have a moment here or there to read and post. Hope everyone is well and safe wherever you may live.

We finally got some cooler weather Sunday night...30's here in north Florida...in the low 30's with frost last night. Monday, my 28 YO son came for dinner and I made his favorite cool weather dinner...Chili with hot green & red chilies, assorted bread...cornbread, oyster crackers...condiment toppings of mexican cheese & sour cream...coleslaw and beverage of choice. When my son came in the door, I was baking his favorite Christmas sugar cookies and he said..."Mom no matter how far or near we are, I will always remember the smells of our kitchen when I would come home from school. There always was something on the stove or in the oven cooking and my friends and I would feast after school or a football game. I will never forget the Christmas season and our traditions of the Advent wreath, the light in the window, trimming the tree, baking cookies, Christmas Eve midnight mass and celebrating the 12 days of Christmas. Thanks Mom for beautiful memories that I carry over in my own home". He has a condo about 10 miles from our house.

Here at the high school, things are winding down, finals are scheduled for the 19th - 21st. We are finishing our Christmas Turkey Dinner Baskets for those in need to be distributed. A staff Christmas Party tomorrow. Then after Friday, Christmas Break until January 8th.

Today is our anniversary and my DH started my day with a beautiful card and morning coffee...we have to be at the HS at 6:50am...first bell rings at 7:20am... So coffee is a must!! This anniversary has a special blessing because of a miracle that he is alive... after a near death (deep coma) experience that occurred on Oct 3rd. The doctors still do not know why or how it happened. I woke up at midnight to find him unresponsive, dialed 911, he stopped breathing in the ambulance outside our home. In the ER placed on a ventilator, transported to CCU. I was told he was in a deep coma, etiology unknown. All his blood work and diagnostic tests were normal. EEG was flat, organ donor procurement was on standby. He miraculously awoke after 18 hours. I believe in the power of prayer. The doctors have no explanation and only say they do not rule out divine intervention. Thanks Be to God. He is alive and knows he is suppose to share his story. If you would like to talk to him about his experience ...ILUVME (Danny).

Blessings,
Janice

Old 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,094,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post

after a near death (deep coma) experience that occurred on Oct 3rd. The doctors still do not know why or how it happened. I woke up at midnight to find him unresponsive, dialed 911, he stopped breathing in the ambulance outside our home. In the ER placed on a ventilator, transported to CCU. I was told he was in a deep coma, etiology unknown. All his blood work and diagnostic tests were normal. EEG was flat, organ donor procurement was on standby. He miraculously awoke after 18 hours.
Sometimes, when I am sleeping, my respiration drops to an unusually low level. So far, I have always woken up when the high CO2 level in my blood causes intense/vivid dreams/hallucinations (very strange ones).

Perhaps he had a similar episode that went further?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:53 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
MEnME I'm so glad he's ok!

Bewitched thank you for that link! It got the girls and I started on an entire youtube fest this afternoon, but that was by far and away our favorite!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:30 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Sometimes, when I am sleeping, my respiration drops to an unusually low level. So far, I have always woken up when the high CO2 level in my blood causes intense/vivid dreams/hallucinations (very strange ones).

Perhaps he had a similar episode that went further?
Do you have sleep apnea?

Interesting...I will discuss it with his neurologist at the next visit. He had a sleep study which was normal. Thanks for the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine