Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,034,049 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas! Countrylv22 and all on the Northern New England forums.

Last edited by skytrekker; 12-17-2007 at 05:26 PM..

Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,393,584 times
Merry Christmas to you too skytrekker, and all of you "Maine-Iacs" as well

Old 12-17-2007, 05:27 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,034,049 times
Ah yes msina

I corrected to 'All the Northern New England forums'........

Old 12-17-2007, 06:02 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,557,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
Oh yes, as for the sign that Bewitched and Molly have, that was my signature online for YEARS! I will NOT have a perfect body when I die...
It'd be a shame to get a perfect body and die! Seems like such a waste of time.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:03 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
you guys have to see this--LOL

https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...ight-year.html

Old 12-18-2007, 07:33 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,659,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
ALL (and I do mean ALL) unloved and unwanted fruitcakes are welcome at my house! Calories... what calories? They are a celebration of the abundance of the year, to be eaten with gusto as well as being carried into the next year as an omen.

I can never have too much fruitcake. Send them on to me!!
Thank you, Christmas Elf! Points much better than calories! LOL (I got elfed... and it didn't even hurt)

Old 12-18-2007, 07:48 AM

612 posts, read 1,217,433 times
Default Rejoice!!

Hello Everyone,

Gosh, I just can't find much time to visit the forum...between school, visiting with friends, and preparations for Christmas, I have a moment here or there to read and post. Hope everyone is well and safe wherever you may live.

We finally got some cooler weather Sunday night...30's here in north Florida...in the low 30's with frost last night. Monday, my 28 YO son came for dinner and I made his favorite cool weather dinner...Chili with hot green & red chilies, assorted bread...cornbread, oyster crackers...condiment toppings of mexican cheese & sour cream...coleslaw and beverage of choice. When my son came in the door, I was baking his favorite Christmas sugar cookies and he said..."Mom no matter how far or near we are, I will always remember the smells of our kitchen when I would come home from school. There always was something on the stove or in the oven cooking and my friends and I would feast after school or a football game. I will never forget the Christmas season and our traditions of the Advent wreath, the light in the window, trimming the tree, baking cookies, Christmas Eve midnight mass and celebrating the 12 days of Christmas. Thanks Mom for beautiful memories that I carry over in my own home". He has a condo about 10 miles from our house.

Here at the high school, things are winding down, finals are scheduled for the 19th - 21st. We are finishing our Christmas Turkey Dinner Baskets for those in need to be distributed. A staff Christmas Party tomorrow. Then after Friday, Christmas Break until January 8th.

Today is our anniversary and my DH started my day with a beautiful card and morning coffee...we have to be at the HS at 6:50am...first bell rings at 7:20am... So coffee is a must!! This anniversary has a special blessing because of a miracle that he is alive... after a near death (deep coma) experience that occurred on Oct 3rd. The doctors still do not know why or how it happened. I woke up at midnight to find him unresponsive, dialed 911, he stopped breathing in the ambulance outside our home. In the ER placed on a ventilator, transported to CCU. I was told he was in a deep coma, etiology unknown. All his blood work and diagnostic tests were normal. EEG was flat, organ donor procurement was on standby. He miraculously awoke after 18 hours. I believe in the power of prayer. The doctors have no explanation and only say they do not rule out divine intervention. Thanks Be to God. He is alive and knows he is suppose to share his story. If you would like to talk to him about his experience ...ILUVME (Danny).

Blessings,
Janice

Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 AM

612 posts, read 1,217,433 times
Default Christmas Warthog

I had a visit from Christmas Warthog...thank you and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,432,992 times
Been gone all last evening and this morning, so I am WAY behind! Elston, did we get an offer yet? ..........holding my breath for you...........

Janice and sweet hubby, HapHapHappy Anniversary!!!!! How many years are we celebrating? Have a wonderful day, and take some time to enjoy reminiscing. DH and I had our first date on Dec 2nd the year we met, and started our lives together sitting half the night talking in front of the twinkling Christmas tree. Then, we married on Dec 7th a year later.

We take an evening every year, after the kids are all in bed, and sit in front of the tree, listen to Christmas music, cuddle and just talk about our favorite memories. It's a nice bonding time! Try it!!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 AM

48,174 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Nothing to report yet on that showing! Keep us in your thoughts and I promise to let you know--for the time being--there is nothing to report.

El: if you and the family were all gone for the day and evening.....how messy could it have gotten???? Have another cuppa jo and then tidy up your breakfast dishes and take a breather....lol....would that it t'were that easy! I know, I am halfway thru my morning routine but am enjoying the company of the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine