Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,758 times

Advertisements

[quote=Bewitched;2268001]Oh my gosh, under the weather for a few days, and there is no way to keep up with all of you ...

Bydand, I hope your brother continues to recover and that you all enjoy your holiday

Molly...just as I suspected.....gorgeous young'uns!!

El, your sister has a beautiful "shine" to her, congratulations to your whole family! (And a belated happy birthday to your little one)

Diddo to all the above. I have not been on to read or reply for 2 days and life has passed me by including the Christmas Warthog and the Christmas Elf!!

I had heard the forecast on the weather channel for a Blue NorEaster as I passed from one room to another cleanning or decorating, cooking, etc. I have been thinking of everyone hoping all of you were prepared for the storm and stayed safe.

Thinking of all of you,
Janice

Old 12-16-2007, 06:14 PM

48,190 posts, read 22,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
LOL! Our realtor keeps telling me that our home is cleaner and looks nicer than the majority of the homes in this area, and I fret over it all the time nonetheless! Maybe I should let some "life" happen here more often, rather than trying to maintain a showcase home! Is that the trick?
LOL Lived in isnt exactly it Elcarim; the tooth brushes are dried and put away in a draw, the toilet paper is folded with those little points like in a motel; the dishwasher only holds clean dishes, the floors are washed at least 3 times a week, the bathroom tiles are washed with windex on my hands and knees every morning, the lawns are mowed and edged weekly, and every light in the house is lit when they are coming (except today) I AM EXHAUSTED! But today there was a little more evidence that PEOPLE live here--but it still didn't look like they played here or ever had a good time.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:21 PM

612 posts, read 1,217,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
I am so excited for you!!!!! I can't wait to hear!
Hope for the best

Old 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM

323 posts, read 994,126 times
elston I am tired just reading that!

I have been baking cookies and fighting off the kids and husband to not eat the whole pan because I'm freezing them for later. I make all the cookies I did when I was a kid with my grandma, it really takes me back each year I make them. The music, cookies, tree and parties....all I need now is snow. I do love this time of year!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:25 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
LOL Lived in isnt exactly it Elcarim; the tooth brushes are dried and put away in a draw, the toilet paper is folded with those little points like in a motel; the dishwasher only holds clean dishes, the floors are washed at least 3 times a week, the bathroom tiles are washed with windex on my hands and knees every morning, the lawns are mowed and edged weekly, and every light in the house is lit when they are coming (except today) I AM EXHAUSTED! But today there was a little more evidence that PEOPLE live here--but it still didn't look like they played here or ever had a good time.
Ok, I'm right there with you on every item except the pointy tp! How do you do that? I can't even imagine how my kids would one-up me on that project!!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Compulsive your name is Elston

The pointy tip is really silly of me and shows how really compulsive I am if I allow myself to be. Its not anything fancy, but looking at peoples houses on line I noticed in one bathroom the toilet paper was sorta torn so a strip was hanging ie shredded. Ever after when we refered to that house we would short cut by identifying it as the one with the messy toilet paper--how mortifying lol.

Anyway once when I was a house guest down south, my hostess folded the paper in the bath; since then I have seen it in hotels. So each morning as I clean the bthrms I fold the edges on the roll on the angle so they make a point and then roll the paper back a quarter turn till that finished edge is "flush" with the roll. Nothing fancy but decidedly neat--and absolute lunacy on my part--but this process is driving me crazy!

I wonder once I am in my new home if I will revert to normal or am I permentently damaged now?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:13 PM

837 posts, read 1,713,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The pointy tip is really silly of me and shows how really compulsive I am if I allow myself to be. Its not anything fancy, but looking at peoples houses on line I noticed in one bathroom the toilet paper was sorta torn so a strip was hanging ie shredded. Ever after when we refered to that house we would short cut by identifying it as the one with the messy toilet paper--how mortifying lol.

Anyway once when I was a house guest down south, my hostess folded the paper in the bath; since then I have seen it in hotels. So each morning as I clean the bthrms I fold the edges on the roll on the angle so they make a point and then roll the paper back a quarter turn till that finished edge is "flush" with the roll. Nothing fancy but decidedly neat--and absolute lunacy on my part--but this process is driving me crazy!

I wonder once I am in my new home if I will revert to normal or am I permentently damaged now?
LOL--Elston, no offense, but that's just nuts! Pointy TP ends are something you learn to do as a motel maid--and even then it's silly. Laughing at you, but wishing you the best! and hoping you sell that house soon and can get on with "normal" life in Maine.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:25 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
I'm giggling too, but SO understand! I watched so many "Sell This House" type shows while we were preparing for the market, it was overwhelming to hear the feedback as people walked through tearing everything apart. It has made me somewhat paranoid about the house. Funny thing is, we're in a rural Texas area where clean in itself is impressive! And I'm concerned with emptying trash cans daily and tearing off the last sheet of tp to make sure it looks neat (yes, I, too, give some attention to the rolls!)

As a matter of fact, here, if you have no burning barrel in the back yard with half a dozen empty beer cans littering the ground around it, you're "uptown"! People in our area can truly be extremely tacky, and it goes well beyond "country hick" behavior with some!

So, in hindsight, I guess we're looking pretty good!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
Elston, if I were in your shoes with no kiddos at home and trying to sell, I'd not only be making points on the TP, but fluffing the tissue coming out of the box so it looked just right Thank goodness I'm *not* in your shoes...I just can't imagine getting all 4 kids to cooperate--you should have seen the shoveling episode earlier! lol....

Old 12-16-2007, 07:54 PM

We are primed and ready for the move. We still have to find a new home...but we are looking at several real beauties at prices that more than off set our loss on this one here. We can more than make up for a significant loss here. I just hope we dont have to bring money to the table when we sell. If we walk away free and clear....God Bless us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine