Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Maybe its a yaya thing? As much as I love "getting to know you, getting to know all about you" I can't imagine meeting outside of the on-line forum; and if we did, I know that the persons I "create" to go along with the words you post, would have nothing to do with the reality. I think it would be rather like going to a movie after reading the book--not that your "real" selves would be any less enchanting and fascinating and/or in some cases ornery....just meeting the "real you" would be so different, and it would be the death knell of the personnas I have met here. I want Agatha Christie's Miss Jane Marple not the actress in the little straw hat on Public Television. I want to keep you all, just as I envision you. Is that odd?
No, it is not odd... however I can assure you I am just as -- strange -- in person as in my writing so you will not be disappointed as long as you don't envision me as "larger than life"... (<g> I am only 6 feet tall INSIDE)

Meeting folks in person that you have met online can be a mixed bag -- often depending as much on where online you met as anything, I think. I have done a lot of it over the years and by nature gravitate to sites such as this -- and to people in other type of forums, such as certain Yahoo groups and LiveJournal -- where the intent is to share information and not build up fictional characters (such as seems to happen on "singles" sites! LOL) I can honestly say that none of the many folks I have met from sites such as this have ever been a disappointment or very different in person than they were online, at least once the initial real ice was broken.

I would love to meet any and all of you who are willing... and I promise not to stalk those who are shy and do choose to meet off-screen.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,974,083 times
I'm thinking that whoever is in or near Eastport when we set the date will by default of being there, plan the outing or inning, whichever the case may be. Does that sound like the beginning of a plan?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I used to be a wedding planner, so I'll have my two cents to throw in, but two cents do not a party make!!
I've helped organize national conventions of homeschoolers... I don't think they are any harder to "herd" than cats or Mainers... I'll help...

Once I get there of course...

Old 12-20-2007, 09:41 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times
Sounds like fun!

With any luck, we'll be back too

Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM

612 posts, read 1,216,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I'm thinking that whoever is in or near Eastport when we set the date will by default of being there, plan the outing or inning, whichever the case may be. Does that sound like the beginning of a plan?
Sounds good to me...count me in...I love to plan and life is one big party!!!

Janice

Old 12-20-2007, 10:18 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlcu View Post

Seems the "Christmas Season" ended up being the "Stressful Season" aka "if it can go wrong it will season" seems I had a bit of trouble from years ago SNEAK up on me with our federal government and those three letters that start with an I and end with an S. I thought we were all squared and happy but it seems THEY were not squared and NOT happy!! Long story, but I have been immerssed in past years tax returns for what seems like a month now...
Oh, I can soooooo feel your pain. The infernal revenuers audited me twice this year, for previous year's returns. The first time, they sent me a bill for more money than my new house will cost. When I finally proved that I owed them *nothing*, they audited me *again*, for the next year. The joke was on them- this time it turned out that I had over-paid by a substantial amount, and eventually a nice, colorful, fat check from the Treasury showed up in my mailbox.

Maybe now they will leave me alone for a while.

Good luck.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
I think everyone is invited jen, just so long as they aren't a troll, lol. My question is, who's gonna organize the thing?
Don't know, but it looks like the banks have agreed to my deal, and if it goes through, in the Summer I'll have plenty of room (about 10 acres of field) to park campers.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:39 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
Nice!! Congratulations Zymer!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:43 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Don't know, but it looks like the banks have agreed to my deal, and if it goes through, in the Summer I'll have plenty of room (about 10 acres of field) to park campers.
That's a lot of campers! Is this an income property your're working on? I may have missed this conversation....

Old 12-20-2007, 10:54 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
I think everyone is invited jen, just so long as they aren't a troll, lol. My question is, who's gonna organize the thing?

Oooh!

Oooh!

Oooh!

Can I be the troll?

Please?

Oh please, oh please, oh please.

I wanna troll.

Can I? Can I? Huh?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine