Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 AM

57 posts, read 152,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
sorry....this will be the third interview.....
HR interview was in March

First department interview was in April

Drug test was in late June

On July 29th I have another department interview

snazzybrit, I'm sure they will call you also, or have you heard anything yet? did'nt you also take the drug test in June ?

Freckleface ur so cute! Thanks for the encouragement...the only reason why I'm on this forum is because of my boyfriend now I'm addicted.... I think its cool because normally not into stuff like this. I never liked sites like facebook or myspace, but my boyfriend got me into this forum....He is always on it, now I'm using it just as much

Goodluck Butterfly69!!! I highly suggest that you prepare yourself for this 2nd department interview because I believe daisyluver when she said it's more like a test. They will scrutinize how well you know on the position you are applying for. It's a make it or break it round. Since you're applying for cocktails, cover all your wine and spirits. You never know what they would ask you. Wynn asked me to name one of the most expensive vodkas during the final interview. HOpe you do well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:40 AM

101 posts, read 196,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hey daisyluver Stacy,
My name is also Stacey (but with an e), I'm glad you got your department interview over with.....You mentioned that it was more in detail and like a test, what do you mean by that, and what type of questions? I really hope he made the interview comfortable because that also help, especially with the nerves. I'm sure you did great, and I'm wishing you the BEST OF LUCK. I will keep you posted when I have mine on Wednesday ok
Hey Stacey,
What I meant was that the first department interview had all the normal interview questions, plus he asked me to explain how to make about 3 or 4 products. This one was no "normal interview" questions. He just read pastry questions from a list, there were about 10 of them, and they were hard! Of course it's normal in an interview for baking/patry for them to test your knowledge, but this just seemed more in depth than I'm used to. It reminded me of being back in culinary school, lol.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:59 AM

19 posts, read 38,736 times
Just out of curiosity, what sort of baking questions were there? like ingredients/how they are made?

Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 AM

21 posts, read 45,951 times
Hi Stacy,
Thanks for keeping us posted on your experience. I was hoping they were prepared to make you an offer. However, it is encouraging to know they are showing great interest in you! I guess they are definately holding to the time frame given (late Aug-Sept) on extending offers.

I am applying for a spa worker and I've had 1 dept interview and 1 dept "audition" where I had to perform a service. Each time I flew in from the east coast which is costly. I didn't receive much feedback, but I'm assuming we are on a scoring system. I do know the drug test can be done remotely. However, if there is yet ANOTHER interview, I'm hoping it can be done over the phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyluver View Post
Just got home from the 2nd department interview. Just to catch everyone up, hr interview was in Jan, Dept interview was in April, Drug test in June, and now my second dept. interview. I told the chef who inerviewed me ( a different one from the first interview) that I was supprised to get the email for another interview after the drug test. He said they took the top percentage from the first round of interview to drug test and background check them before the second round to get it out of the way, so they're not trying to do everyone at the end. This interview was even more detailed than the first one. It was more like a test. I hope I did ok, my stomach is in knots! I asked him what the next step is and he said job offer. I said that's what they said last time, and he said they shouldn't have, because they wouldn't do job offers without the second interview. This was for the pastry department though, so I can't say how other departments are doing it. Well, good luck to everyone!

Stacy

Old 07-25-2009, 03:21 PM

317 posts, read 833,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyluver View Post
Hey Stacey,
What I meant was that the first department interview had all the normal interview questions, plus he asked me to explain how to make about 3 or 4 products. This one was no "normal interview" questions. He just read pastry questions from a list, there were about 10 of them, and they were hard! Of course it's normal in an interview for baking/patry for them to test your knowledge, but this just seemed more in depth than I'm used to. It reminded me of being back in culinary school, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
Goodluck Butterfly69!!! I highly suggest that you prepare yourself for this 2nd department interview because I believe daisyluver when she said it's more like a test. They will scrutinize how well you know on the position you are applying for. It's a make it or break it round. Since you're applying for cocktails, cover all your wine and spirits. You never know what they would ask you. Wynn asked me to name one of the most expensive vodkas during the final interview. HOpe you do well!
daisyluver (stacy) & scorpio78,
Thanks for your encouragement, and all the info. the only thing I can do now is be myself, and just have a good relaxing interview. I will indeed look at some wine and spirits and just take it from there. I hope the first department interview scores, drug test/background will still be included with this 2nd department interview, hope we're not starting from square one.....Well Good Luck to everyone and I will make sure to keep everyone posted

Old 07-25-2009, 03:30 PM

317 posts, read 833,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
Spoke too soon.....I got the phone call today to schedule my "final dept interview"
snazzybrit,
Girl I'm glad you got the call, when were you able to schedule? Mine is this week...Good Luck to you ok

Old 07-25-2009, 03:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
I have been following this thread and wish each and every one of you the best.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:41 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have been following this thread and wish each and every one of you the best.

It is much better than a soap opera...our real life reality show.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is much better than a soap opera...our real life reality show.
That is so true. When I read the posts I can feel the emotion behind the posts. Perhaps I have crossed the line and need to get a life.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:23 PM

101 posts, read 196,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagirly123 View Post
Hi Stacy,
Thanks for keeping us posted on your experience. I was hoping they were prepared to make you an offer. However, it is encouraging to know they are showing great interest in you! I guess they are definately holding to the time frame given (late Aug-Sept) on extending offers.

I am applying for a spa worker and I've had 1 dept interview and 1 dept "audition" where I had to perform a service. Each time I flew in from the east coast which is costly. I didn't receive much feedback, but I'm assuming we are on a scoring system. I do know the drug test can be done remotely. However, if there is yet ANOTHER interview, I'm hoping it can be done over the phone!

Sparingly,
I bet the "audition counted as your second department interview. I hope you get the job, it should show them a lot about what kind of employee you are that you would fly all the way here so many times. Good Luck!!!

Stacy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas