Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 04:01 PM

25 posts, read 57,324 times

Advertisements

I was just told that there is a course that you can take that will put you to the top of the list at city center,,,supposed to be thru the culinary union and for all kitchen and support personal,,does anyone know about this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 PM

21 posts, read 46,023 times
Airics, You're kidding, right???

Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM

317 posts, read 834,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagirly123 View Post
spagirly123,
You should call city center employment center to see what is up with your status 702-590-2489.....thats what i did because I had my 1st department interview in April and got call for my drug test in June....now I have another department interview scheduled next week. Good luck to you and keep us posted

Old 07-24-2009, 04:53 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,052,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagirly123 View Post
No i'm not!!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:02 PM

19 posts, read 38,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndie View Post
I was just told that there is a course that you can take that will put you to the top of the list at city center,,,supposed to be thru the culinary union and for all kitchen and support personal,,does anyone know about this??
I know that there is the Culinary Training Academy. MGM is in partnership with them to provide training in hospitality positions such as cooks, bussers, kitchen workers, etc.
Completion of a program is suppose to count as a year of experience with MGM properties.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:30 PM

101 posts, read 196,663 times
Just got home from the 2nd department interview. Just to catch everyone up, hr interview was in Jan, Dept interview was in April, Drug test in June, and now my second dept. interview. I told the chef who inerviewed me ( a different one from the first interview) that I was supprised to get the email for another interview after the drug test. He said they took the top percentage from the first round of interview to drug test and background check them before the second round to get it out of the way, so they're not trying to do everyone at the end. This interview was even more detailed than the first one. It was more like a test. I hope I did ok, my stomach is in knots! I asked him what the next step is and he said job offer. I said that's what they said last time, and he said they shouldn't have, because they wouldn't do job offers without the second interview. This was for the pastry department though, so I can't say how other departments are doing it. Well, good luck to everyone!

Stacy

Old 07-25-2009, 01:04 AM
eoi

17 posts, read 53,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
has anyone found out what these jobs are paying,,, i'm hearing 8-10 per hour
Im not sure but at luxor cashier at one of their retail get paid about 9 dollars per hour but if your a cashier and with a culinary union your get 15 dollars per hour and i dont tthink the pay rate will be that much different with all mgm property.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:28 AM

317 posts, read 834,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyluver View Post
Just got home from the 2nd department interview. Just to catch everyone up, hr interview was in Jan, Dept interview was in April, Drug test in June, and now my second dept. interview. I told the chef who inerviewed me ( a different one from the first interview) that I was supprised to get the email for another interview after the drug test. He said they took the top percentage from the first round of interview to drug test and background check them before the second round to get it out of the way, so they're not trying to do everyone at the end. This interview was even more detailed than the first one. It was more like a test. I hope I did ok, my stomach is in knots! I asked him what the next step is and he said job offer. I said that's what they said last time, and he said they shouldn't have, because they wouldn't do job offers without the second interview. This was for the pastry department though, so I can't say how other departments are doing it. Well, good luck to everyone!

Stacy
Hey daisyluver Stacy,
My name is also Stacey (but with an e), I'm glad you got your department interview over with.....You mentioned that it was more in detail and like a test, what do you mean by that, and what type of questions? I really hope he made the interview comfortable because that also help, especially with the nerves. I'm sure you did great, and I'm wishing you the BEST OF LUCK. I will keep you posted when I have mine on Wednesday ok

Old 07-25-2009, 06:42 AM

47 posts, read 122,507 times
Spoke too soon.....I got the phone call today to schedule my "final dept interview"

Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 AM

57 posts, read 152,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonersreno View Post
I have a friend that applied for server at Sage and she had a second department interview. She had it last week and said it was another interview from a different person. She didn't know if he was a manager or not but she thought he was. I think they are narrowing everyone down and then letting the managers make the final cuts.
That makes a lot of sense! With all the people that could've passed the drug test, all of those people still need to be shaved down to the minimum number of staff that they only need. I would also think that only the finalists would still need to be met up with the main chefts running the restaurant and they would also have the say on who they want to be hired. This was mentioned to me on the department interview back in March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas