Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 02:18 AM

126 posts, read 242,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
What I was saying is that I know for a fact that those positions have started drug testing after their 1st dept interviews.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I think the confusion comes in because I was told yesterday the next step is an offer not another interview and others are stating there are multiple departmental interviews, what is your experience with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 AM

317 posts, read 834,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
Thanks for the clarification on that. I think the confusion comes in because I was told yesterday the next step is an offer not another interview and others are stating there are multiple departmental interviews, what is your experience with that?
Hi taishar77,
When I took my drug test in June I also was told the next step is the job offer, but last week I got a call to come in for my 2nd department interview. The overview of my process went like this:

march 09- HR interview

April 09- 1st department interview

June 09- drug test

This week July 09- 2nd department interview

Best of Luck to you, and I hope we all get an offer

Old 07-28-2009, 02:57 AM

47 posts, read 122,441 times
Quote:
I was told after (if your pass) the drug test that there would be another interview before an actual job offer (which is what is happening to everyone with these "2nd dept interviews"). Since the first dept interview was with a manager from a different property (since they hadn't hired the managment team for city center yet they had other property managers volunteer to do 1st interviews) that you would have to meet with a dept head actually employed by city center before any actual job offers were made. It makes sense for cocktails-the managment staff will want to make sure that the girls look the part (no visible tattoos, no wild hair colors, etc.....). I had heard this from a friend that works for the city center employment center that this is how they were doing it, and so far it looks like this is really how its going.....

Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
I was told after (if your pass) the drug test that there would be another interview before an actual job offer (which is what is happening to everyone with these "2nd dept interviews"). Since the first dept interview was with a manager from a different property (since they hadn't hired the managment team for city center yet they had other property managers volunteer to do 1st interviews) that you would have to meet with a dept head actually employed by city center before any actual job offers were made. It makes sense for cocktails-the managment staff will want to make sure that the girls look the part (no visible tattoos, no wild hair colors, etc.....). I had heard this from a friend that works for the city center employment center that this is how they were doing it, and so far it looks like this is really how its going.....
Thanks for the info. Do you think we're going to be tested on drinks, wines etc. I wonder why the other lady on here has not taken the drug test, but still got call for a 2nd department interview....thanks again for the info, and I will keep you two updated ok.......

Old 07-28-2009, 05:58 AM

126 posts, read 242,915 times
Quote:

That's the part that confuses me is that I was actually interviewed by the department manager of the hotel and department I am applying at, not a sub or someone else employed outside of the City Center itself. The guy I interviewed with introduced himself as the Department Head of the Guest Services at Aria. We talked about the design of the resort as well as how many agents they were hiring initially to meet their staffing needs. I think this may be the case because I didn't have my department interview back in April I had it last week, on the 22nd . Thanks for the info though, at least I know what to expect if something goes awry

Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 AM

202 posts, read 584,069 times
Okay my friend is still waiting for a department interview, anyone want to guess what their chances are at this point? The job they applied to is still up on the site. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM

47 posts, read 122,441 times
Quote:
That's the part that confuses me is that I was actually interviewed by the department manager of the hotel and department I am applying at, not a sub or someone else employed outside of the City Center itself. The guy I interviewed with introduced himself as the Department Head of the Guest Services at Aria. We talked about the design of the resort as well as how many agents they were hiring initially to meet their staffing needs. I think this may be the case because I didn't have my department interview back in April I had it last week, on the 22nd . Thanks for the info though, at least I know what to expect if something goes awry

Thats interesting, but maybe they had the guest services manager hired before the food and beverage managers? I know my co worker who applied at front desk actually had her initial interview with the person that would technically be her boss at city center, and she said it was because they are planning on opening up the front desk positions sooner so they can start making actual reservations (although the position was for vdara-not aria).

Old 07-28-2009, 01:46 PM

115 posts, read 265,718 times
Quote:
I am not sure what you are asserting but I am stating how MY experience was, just saying. I even stated my process was weird in that I have only done one aspect of the entire process online. If you doubt what my own experience that's your prerogative to do so and that's how it has gone for ME. The order I have gone is I applied back in February for a position went to the screening and my app went inactive (didn't make an interview). On 7/1 I applied for different position and scheduled a screening for 7/13ish. I was called around the 10th to skip that screening and go straight to a department interview which was scheduled DURING that call. I went to the interview (7/22) and was called the next day to schedule a drug test for 7/27 (between 9am and 2:45pm if you want to get specific). I got back from doing that today and was told I was a finalist and to keep my information current...

So in short I have scheduled ONE thing online, it was the initial screening which they called me up for an interview before my screening date had even hit. Keep in mind each department may be slightly different or perhaps because I had applied back in February for a different position my process was different I don't know. In any case, before you jump to some conclusion or judgment about my own actual experience try to remain objective on this board, it seems like everyone is quick to try to dispute someone's own experience which just seems silly.

Thank you.

Same thing happened to me. I did the online thig ONCE then the rest.. department interview and drug test were both phone calls. And to be even more indepth (more then what taishar77 gave everyone) my caller ID said MGM MIRAGE CITY (702) 590-2489 This was the phone number I was called from both times. I think everyone is just on edge because CC is keeping all the "deadlines" so far ahead. I don't know about you but, I am sure we all could use a great job at cc on the other hand I have a family and cannot stress about... Why did they just e-mail me and not call me? Why didn't they e-mail/call? what will the pay be? so on and so fourth. And as taishar77 said in their first post they were just stating their own experience. It looks like we have all had a different experience depending on our own departments. Just take it as it is. Have hope in your heart and peace in your mind that if it's meant to be people it's meant to be. Lets not make this a "hate" posting site. These posts are just to inform people of what has happened to them and their experience. It makes me sad that people attack eachother and you guys could be working together soon at the same place or even the same department! Think about that and please be kind. Sorry.. I'm a nerd and proud..lol

Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post
Same thing happened to me. I did the online thig ONCE then the rest.. department interview and drug test were both phone calls. And to be even more indepth (more then what taishar77 gave everyone) my caller ID said MGM MIRAGE CITY (702) 590-2489 This was the phone number I was called from both times. I think everyone is just on edge because CC is keeping all the "deadlines" so far ahead. I don't know about you but, I am sure we all could use a great job at cc on the other hand I have a family and cannot stress about... Why did they just e-mail me and not call me? Why didn't they e-mail/call? what will the pay be? so on and so fourth. And as taishar77 said in their first post they were just stating their own experience. It looks like we have all had a different experience depending on our own departments. Just take it as it is. Have hope in your heart and peace in your mind that if it's meant to be people it's meant to be. Lets not make this a "hate" posting site. These posts are just to inform people of what has happened to them and their experience. It makes me sad that people attack eachother and you guys could be working together soon at the same place or even the same department! Think about that and please be kind. Sorry.. I'm a nerd and proud..lol
Hey Freckleface78,
Thanks for posting this, like you stated everyone has had different experience and knowone should be putting anyone down...lets just hope in the end this experience is positive for everyone....I will continue to keep everyone posted on the info I get ok GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

AND YOUR NOT A NERD YOUR JUST SPEAKING THE TRUTH!!!!!1

Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM

115 posts, read 265,718 times
Also, I just wanted to say thank you!! for everyone sharing their info!!

This is really the only site that I have found that has any info on the hiring process for City Center.

So again, THANK YOU everyone for your input!

This is what I am thinking.. (and just to make this clear this is my own personal opinion)

I applied for PABX (PBX Phone Operator) I am guessing (and this is just a guess) people in the same position as me or somewhat like me (Example; front desk, customer service desk, reservations for hotel, restaurants or shows etc. you get the idea) basically any positions that have a handbook when hired based on their property and training to perform their jobs as per the properties "standards" and positions that need training for different computer and phone programs and such may not necessarily need the 3rd interview or the interviews after already passing the drug test and background checks.

Maybe this last "dept. interview" is like some of the other ladies said. It's a test on how well you know your "stuff". Drinks, table preps, etc.? Or maybe the other person (I'm so sorry I forgot your screen name) was right. Maybe your interviewing with the actualy Manager that they have hired for their department? Who knows? I'll let you guys know if I have another interview set up. If anyone in a field like mine (Hotel) would do the same that would be great.

My Update so far:
1.Applied- January 3rd
2.Dept Interview- March 3rd
3.Drug Test- July 1st

That's where I sit. I called last week and they said everything looks good. Just hold tight. Should get an offer Mid-August to Early September.. Sounds familiar right? My page on rheir website says open application status is up at the top but nothing is underneath it. As long as it doesn't say "Inactive" I'm all good..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas