Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM

110 posts, read 208,948 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of people applying for F&B and housekeeping on here...
Anyone applying for security???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
The hiring of part time employment seems logical if your position is front line customer service or housekeeping. No matter what dept you work in, support positions seem to be the only safe bet for full time emplyment in this current economic conditions. It would be nice if MGM could create a scheduling plan to use workers at other properties when needed to increase workers weekly hours. The only hitch is that the Culinary Union does not allow it. Something for 226 union members to think about when the next contract needs to be negotiated.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 AM

24 posts, read 44,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
The hiring of part time employment seems logical if your position is front line customer service or housekeeping. No matter what dept you work in, support positions seem to be the only safe bet for full time emplyment in this current economic conditions. It would be nice if MGM could create a scheduling plan to use workers at other properties when needed to increase workers weekly hours. The only hitch is that the Culinary Union does not allow it. Something for 226 union members to think about when the next contract needs to be negotiated.
thank god i got full time as a ultity houseperson

Old 09-17-2009, 12:39 AM

126 posts, read 242,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arubio17 View Post
well good luck just be positive once all this is over we will finally sleep at night thats for sure
I am still not sleeping that's for sure

Old 09-17-2009, 12:40 AM

126 posts, read 242,806 times
Quote:
I am still trying to figure out how guaranteed 0 hours a week can be part time.. Extra or board but that isn't part time :P Of course I am originally from a different state where maybe the part-time wordage is defined a bit more clearly than it is here in Nevada.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubio17 View Post
thank god i got full time as a ultity houseperson

You need to go in there on day one kicking @ss, working as hard you can and kissing some @ss at the same time. You need to prove to your boss that you are needed around there even though his director is telling him to let some people go or cut hours due to lack of business.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 AM

67 posts, read 130,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsky View Post
Thank you my friend get e-mail offer too .,anyway just want to give more info that not only offer by phone that you can expect to get,pls check your e-mail . I not feel weird at all to get by e-mail as long as I call and check with them ,. Good Luck everyone.
Hi Ivsky Congrats!!! May I ask what department u applied for? Also did you apply for a mgmt position?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:51 AM

24 posts, read 44,563 times
Quote:
You need to go in there on day one kicking @ss, working as hard you can and kissing some @ss at the same time. You need to prove to your boss that you are needed around there even though his director is telling him to let some people go or cut hours due to lack of business.
ohh yes u got that right mojavedxer....i sure will do that for sure i gotta do work in order to stay that way

Old 09-17-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
I am still trying to figure out how guaranteed 0 hours a week can be part time.. Extra or board but that isn't part time :P Of course I am originally from a different state where maybe the part-time wordage is defined a bit more clearly than it is here in Nevada.
Part time, extra board oncall is all the same thing. They call and schedule you when they need you. Its sad because once the revenues go back up they will still continue to schedule part time to save money. I seen it all before with 9/11 Second year after 9/11 gaming revenues where at a all time high but staff levels still remained the same.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:01 AM

113 posts, read 239,481 times
Mojavedxer Whats up with your status? You still havent been interviewed yet have you? Taken a drug test? CC reps keep telling you same thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas