Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 AM

126 posts, read 242,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Part time, extra board oncall is all the same thing. They call and schedule you when they need you. Its sad because once the revenues go back up they will still continue to schedule part time to save money. I seen it all before with 9/11 Second year after 9/11 gaming revenues where at a all time high but staff levels still remained the same.

True most places tend to do that to raise their initial rev although most hotels tend hope they don't spike because they generally go by mtd comparison.. Meaning if they had a low month the initial year and the following year the same month they raise revenue by a lot the managers bonuses tend to be scaled in that fashion.. That may not be true in Vegas but I have past management experience in the hospitality industry and I can tell you when my company opened a new hotel, they hoped the initial revenue was something that was easily improved upon the following year.... I am not implying they'll try to tank their numbers by any means but it's easier to go up then down in this economy as it is right now...

In any case I think one positive to part time at a new place is there may be initial turn over or even after the 90 day period if productivity in some workers isn't up to par then the part-time employees may have a bit of a better chance at things. With unions and benefits involved, however, I am sure that can all change.

Last edited by taishar77; 09-17-2009 at 01:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 AM

317 posts, read 834,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
My status just changed from blank to active, so I'm guessing that they are prepping to call people in my department (food and bev) @ Vdara.
Thats good to hear, How many interview did you have? And did your status become blank after the drug test? Mine became blank after the drug test, and after my 2nd department interview it became active and has remain active. I really hope you get the call soon considering you went from blank to active today......Good Luck

Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 AM

My question if you apply for full time and get full time does that mean higher senority, and if you get part time does that mean mediocre senority? I REALLY THINK WE SHOULD ALL MEET AT SIERRA GOLD NOW AND HAVE A BEER

Last edited by butterfly69; 09-17-2009 at 01:26 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 01:13 AM

HEY BeAnInsider and Testosterone where are you two guys

Old 09-17-2009, 01:15 AM

24 posts, read 44,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
My question if you apply for full time and get full time does that mean higher senority, and if you get part time does that mean medicore senority? I REALLY THINK WE SHOULD ALL MEET AT SIERRA GOLD NOW AND HAVE A BEER
well i guess it could be that way....cause my senority #19 out of 66 and i did get the full time

Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,731,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
Mojavedxer Whats up with your status? You still havent been interviewed yet have you? Taken a drug test? CC reps keep telling you same thing?
Yep I keep getting the same song and dance from the cc reps. Status still remains remains open and active. Maybe the two so called forum insiders can give me some insight on what's going on.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 AM

113 posts, read 239,589 times
Mojavedxer. Same situation here open and active, no drug test. Good thing is one of the so called insiders posted that people have been offered jobs and taken drug test after offer was made. Still gives us some hope.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 AM
eoi

17 posts, read 53,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
My question if you apply for full time and get full time does that mean higher senority, and if you get part time does that mean mediocre senority? I REALLY THINK WE SHOULD ALL MEET AT SIERRA GOLD NOW AND HAVE A BEER
Most likely if they offer you part time probally mean your senority is below everyone that is full time employee.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 AM

4 posts, read 7,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionsfan4ever View Post
Congrats to you and to those who've gotten job offers by email.

Can you tell us what department??
Thank you , Table Games Department(Internal)
good luck to you all.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 AM

4 posts, read 7,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1728 View Post
Hi Ivsky Congrats!!! May I ask what department u applied for? Also did you apply for a mgmt position?
Thank you, Table games department(Internal) floor supervisor., Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas