Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
a Minnesota hockey fan commenting on another team's lack of hardware or banners is laughably ironic
Why? The Bulldogs got a title a few years ago w a 20+ man roster entirely MN born save for 2 or 3 players), and the Gophers have at least some hardware in their case (their last 2 their repeat in '02-03)

The Blues have been around for 50+ years and haven't even sniffed a Cup in the last 50.

And someone comes on here and has the guts to argue for...YEO? Yeo was a nobody, and possibly will remain nameless in a 30+ team League...he waltzed into team that is admittedly a better team (this year).

I don't want to hear it. And I know I'm not the only one who wasn't averse to seeing us move on from Yeo...particularly to a guy half the league wanted as their coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 08:32 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,460,081 times
We were talking NHL hockey, Keeth, but feel free to invoke any teams from yesteryear necessary in order to bolster your argument. I seem to recall the Baudette Boondockers bringing home some hardware in the Insignificant Ice Laden Northern Territorial Frozen Snot League circa 1965-ish.

Anywho...

This team ever decides to play 3 periods of hockey and they just might do something. I'll take 4 out of 6 points from a western roadie all day every day, though.

Sure would be nice to still have that Norris Trophy winner we saw last night on our blue line. Well, at least Devin Setoguchi knows how to say 5 curse words and "We gotta put the puck on net" in German now.

Shout out to Eric Staal. 12 goals, 26 points and a plus 7 at age 33. Where would they be without this guy this season?

Old 12-15-2017, 10:30 AM

Don't look now, but they're climbing the standings. Tied for 7th in the conference today. I'm sick of seeing all these teams bunched together. The points system is so stupid. You should not get points for losing a game in any way, shape or form, and 3 on 3 pickup pond hockey should not be deciding games.

No Auston Matthews for Toronto last night, but what a gem from Stalock regardless. Granlund also heating up. Just what the doctor ordered offensively. Wonder how long Dubnyk will be out.....

Old 12-15-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Don't look now, but they're climbing the standings. Tied for 7th in the conference today. I'm sick of seeing all these teams bunched together. The points system is so stupid. You should not get points for losing a game in any way, shape or form, and 3 on 3 pickup pond hockey should not be deciding games.

No Auston Matthews for Toronto last night, but what a gem from Stalock regardless. Granlund also heating up. Just what the doctor ordered offensively. Wonder how long Dubnyk will be out.....
Yeah they are winning now - nice winning streak as it is.

I totally agree with you on the points system and the gimicky 3-3 OT. It should be a full extra period of OT hockey, and then, if a tie, each team should get a point; if one team were to win in that extra period, only they should get 2 points.

The 3 on 3 - man it's fun to watch and a total **** show of insanity at times - but it's just not right.

Stalock did look good last night and we got away with that win against Calgary as they missed a couple open nets. But a win is a win and that is all that matters. Good play makes good luck.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 AM

17,287 posts, read 15,484,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post

I totally agree. Mediocre teams get away with being only 5 point or so behind top teams because of this flawed system. It makes no sense. When a team like Nashville, who is atop the Western Conference, is only 7 points ahead of Chicago, who is fighting for a wild card spot, you know there are issues. If you lose a game, regardless of whether it's in OT or not, you LOSE. No points. If OT ends with a tie, then give each team 1 point and end it there. No reason for games to be decided by shootouts. A shootout does not showcase any TEAM talent.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:58 AM

This team just cannot stand prosperity.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:14 AM

Still in the playoffs though if ended today (I believe). I think they'll figure it out, though it's a toss up. Parise could really spark them if/when he comes back healthy.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Still in the playoffs though if ended today (I believe). I think they'll figure it out, though it's a toss up. Parise could really spark them if/when he comes back healthy.
They will not make the playoffs until they realize the sport of hockey requires 3 periods of play and not just 2.

It's reaching to hope a 34 year old with a bad back and who hasn't played NHL hockey in 8 months can be the man now, but at this point I'm willing to reach. I'll take anything that can upgrade this mismatched bunch.

Do I have to remind that this team finished 2nd in the western conference last season? The fact that we're sitting here talking about whether or not they can even make the playoffs in the same calendar year bears witness to a monumental regression that should end with several people losing their jobs unless it's fixed......and fast.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:49 PM

We haven't even hit the halfway point of the season yet. Played almost half the season so far missing a top 2 line.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:10 AM

Looks like Stalock was rock solid again last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey