Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2018, 12:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,606,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Here's one of them.
I agree with this, I've been saying the same thing. At the very least make it a 3rd jersey.

Last edited by Grizzly Addams; 02-04-2018 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 03:04 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,466,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I agree with this, I've been saying the same thing. At the very least make it a 3rd jersey.
They'd sell like hotcakes at a fat man convention!

Old 02-05-2018, 05:58 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,108,327 times
Quote:
I don't have much confidence that the current Wild regime could develop that kind of talent even if they were fortunate enough to acquire it. We're talking about a team that traded Bret Burns for Charlie Coyle here. Burns is now a Norris Trophy winner and Coyle is .........well.......Coyle.
I agree. He's no Tony Amonte (his uncle). Can't remember who it was but on one of our nationally televized games earlier this year one of the announcers said Coyle was among the most "underrated players in the league" or something like that if I recall.

Okay. He's....John Leclair, only with about a twentieth of the scoring ability as JL.

Quote:
I like the logo. Not crazy about the color scheme.

I still say the Wild should keep their current logo but switch to the North Stars color scheme. Vancouver did something similar years back when they put the "C" orca with their old school blue and green unis. The Wild should do the same thing. Go online, google Wild North Stars, click on images, and see some renderings of what that would look like. It's an amazing uniform. I suppose Dallas still has the naming rights, but they couldn't stop Minnesota from going back to green, gold and white.
I'd say get rid of the name/logo and keep the subpar color scheme and bring back the North Stars name.

I know it won't happen, but I can always dream..

Old 02-05-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'd say get rid of the name/logo and keep the subpar color scheme and bring back the North Stars name.

I know it won't happen, but I can always dream..
I like the forest green very much, but just can’t get past it being combined with red. The Christmas sweater jokes and visions of those horrid Devils unis from a long time ago continue to haunt me. I especially don’t like the red numbers on the back of the road jersey this year. They should have made those green, too. Red and green is just not a good combo for anything other than Christmas decorations or various types of spicy food.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:26 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,996,223 times
Quote:
Yeah....after 52 years of floundering about. Wild fans gonna party down in roughly 34 years!
LOL! I think it will be sooner than that! We are now in an age where sports jinxes are tumbling down left and right! Just watch!

Old 02-07-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
LOL! I think it will be sooner than that! We are now in an age where sports jinxes are tumbling down left and right! Just watch!
Hopefully! They looked good on the road last night in St. Louis. Came out ready to play and took it to 'em early. That's what needs to happen. Can't keep following up by getting taken apart like in Dallas, though. Consistency, consistency, consistency!

5 game homestand starting Thursday. Time to stack points and climb the standings before the next roadie.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:12 AM

Have I ever mentioned that there's TOO MANY teams in the NHL now?

Old 02-09-2018, 09:26 AM

Well, so much for that. 3-0 lead at home blown to ARIZONA.

They lost at home to ARIZONA.

ARIZZZOOOOOOOOONNNA!

I don't get these guys. When you're in the midst of a playoff joust and you can't muster the desire and focus to protect a 3 goal lead in your own barn against the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE something is truly askew.

Slap Tampa around. Kick Vegas in the teeth. Tear up St. Louis.

Flush a 3 spot to Arizona.

It's time to start talking about Boudreau's ability to keep these guys going for 3 full periods every night. There is absolutely no excuse for losing that game. And no, I don't care that they got a point out of it. They freekin' blew the lead and lost.

A good team plays hard consistently.

These guys only play hard when they feel like it.

That has to change.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:44 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
Quote:

ARIZZZOOOOOOOOONNNA!

I don't get these guys. When you're in the midst of a playoff joust and you can't muster the desire and focus to protect a 3 goal lead in your own barn against the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE something is truly askew.

It's time to start talking about Boudreau's ability to keep these guys going for 3 full periods every night. There is absolutely no excuse for losing that game. And no, I don't care that they got a point out of it. They freekin' blew the lead and lost.

That has to change.
they've been telling us themselves for the past several years that they're just not that good, instead we choose not to believe them.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:32 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,108,327 times
Quote:

ARIZZZOOOOOOOOONNNA!

That has to change.
I guess my view on it is it just doesnt really matter at this point in the season. If things don't start lining up a couple weeks before the playoffs, it doesn't matter at all.

As long as we get in the playoffs then all bets are off - 8 seeds can win it all in the NHL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey