Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 06:26 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,466,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I had to go back to this. 7...straight...losses.
At the time St. Louis was the better team, and no one could argue that point. Very surprised by their play of late. Right now the Wild are the ones riding a hot streak. Dont get cocky because they could wind up seeing them in the playoffs again and by then the tide may have shifted back the other way. Both teams still with a lot to prove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 03:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
another loss to the Yotes

we're too close to #9 to be screwing around with the likes of those mutts

Old 03-02-2018, 03:26 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,108,327 times
On the first of back-to-back nights too I believe. Looked like Al was letting in some garbage last night.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Sweet comeback in Orchard Park yesterday! Always a treat to knock off Canuckida! Mittelstadt is an assist machine, and that Brady Tkachuk is always around the net. Both of those guys need to add 20-25 pounds of muscle to their frames and they'll be primo NHLers.

I agree about Motzko. Sick of seeing Lucia's teams blow leads and continually lose to inferior talent teams like Ohio St. I still can't get that Michigan game out of my head from a few weeks back when they blew something like 3 seperate 3 goal leads. What is that???

Get Motzko here before someone else bags him!
Motzko just announced as the new Gophers head coach. We all called it!

Exciting.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 PM

What a traitor.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 AM

Well Suter has broke his ankle/leg.

Now all of a sudden all the haters realize how important a guy who eats more minutes than any other person in the toughest league on the planet is to his team. SMH.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well Suter has broke his ankle/leg.

Now all of a sudden all the haters realize how important a guy who eats more minutes than any other person in the toughest league on the planet is to his team. SMH.
haters?

Old 04-01-2018, 03:42 PM

I feel like there is a faction of "fans" in Minnesota that look at Suter (non dissimilar to Joe Mauer) with contempt or criticism - that he is a player that lacks offense and/or tenacity. They don't look at the little (big) things he does.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:55 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,996,223 times
And yup, the Wild are facing off with the Jets in the 1st round! Kinda long overdue if you ask me! The North Woods/North Praries Rivalry is about to kick into high gear!

Old 04-06-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
And yup, the Wild are facing off with the Jets in the 1st round! Kinda long overdue if you ask me! The North Woods/North Praries Rivalry is about to kick into high gear!
Not a good matchup for Minnesota. Winnipeg are bigger and stronger, much like St. Louis in the first round last year. Fletcher has failed once again to address the need to match these other teams physically in the playoffs. Goals will be at a premium, and the team that wins the physical battles will win the series. Being undersized and out-muscled in the postseason always leads to one thing - penalties - and the Wild cannot afford to have guys constantly in the box against these teams. Sorry, I'm seeing another first round exit here. Hope I'm wrong. The only way the Wild win this series is if Dubnyk steals it for them. It's time for him to do just that and prove he belongs with the elite netminders. Can't be giving up softies now. Yes, I'm a fan, but also a realist. Winnipeg are a bigger team with a better goaltender, and Minnesota are without one of their most important players in Suter. Who steps up to fill that kind of ice time? The Wild are going to have to skate like maniacs for 60 minutes every game to have any chance. If they're to get past Winnipeg a lot of guys are gonna have to take their game to the next level - especially Dubnyk.

I would honestly have preferred to see Nashville or Vegas in the first round. Wild match up much better vs. those teams.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 04-06-2018 at 08:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey