Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 12:50 AM

5,193 posts, read 5,799,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I spent way too much $$ this past month & so am putting together meals cobbled from what I have around. Tonight I made miso soup & poured it over some of last night's brown rice & added canned sardines & a poached egg, the sardines would have been better on the side with bread tbh. Tomorrow night I finish off the rice with a fried rice stir fry with veggies & scrambled egg & chopped up frozen vegan burger patties & a side salad.
I can only imagine. The sardines would have been a great appetizer on some crackers.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:18 AM

385 posts, read 210,380 times
We splurged tonight. We went out for dinner and had the best meal. My husband and I had rib-eye steaks, loaded baked potatoes, and lovely salads with homemade dressing. We also had warm pimento cheese with Pita bread for appetizer and Apple pie with vanilla ice cream. My daughter ordered a bacon cheeseburger with extra onions and mushrooms. She had some of the appetizer but ordered Death By Chocolate cake. My daughter and I brought home lectovers

Old 09-20-2017, 03:04 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,893,468 times
L'shanah Tovah to my Jewish friends celebrating New Year tonight! Been dealing with a medical issue so I haven't been on in awhile. Have no idea what I'm having tonight. Maybe one of you will inspire me with your menu.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:50 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,658,282 times
Hope you're on the mend, Jrsygrl!

I don't know how inspiring this is, but I plan to be having chicken-apple brats sauteed with yellow squash & onions over mashed cauliflower. I'll make a pan sauce using the drippings from last night's chicken thighs to drizzle over it.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:29 AM

126,468 posts, read 19,249,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
L'shanah Tovah to my Jewish friends celebrating New Year tonight! Been dealing with a medical issue so I haven't been on in awhile. Have no idea what I'm having tonight. Maybe one of you will inspire me with your menu.
Glad to see you here Jrsygrl.

Another hot and humid summer day,getting even hotter by this weekend.

Tonight okra dish/bhindi subzi with chapatis,homemade plain yogurt,onion,tomato,white radish slices and lassi to drink. For dessert honeydew melon.

Punjabi Bhindi Masala - Bhindi Masala Punbaji Style Recipe

Old 09-20-2017, 05:45 AM

25,139 posts, read 11,540,730 times
Good to see you jrsygrl.

After four days of easy to chewy as SO decided to plough a gravel road with his chin it will be something around a smal half loin of pork. Maybe off the grill with buttered corn, garlic bread and a small salad.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:40 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,622,947 times
Last night made a fried egg on toast plus cottage cheese and carrot sticks on the side.

Tonight I'm thinking lasagna, which I haven't made in years. I have some homemade meaty red sauce in the freezer which I may need to thin out with a little jarred sauce. Hopefully it turns out.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 AM

983 posts, read 1,192,590 times
I may grill a steak

Getting that 'beef urge' ... I typically only have red meat maybe once a month or so ( chicken and fish is 98% of my meat intake )

I love a good steak and have the skills to either grill one on the BBQ or Alton Brown style indoors in a cast iron skillet ... cooked to a perfect medium rare.

Typically its the cost and the health concerns that keeps me away from a good steak more often.

I typically always get either NY strip or Porterhouse / T-bones. I will wait till I get the urge and also stumble across an on sale at my local Haggens ( grocery store ) meat counter. My $$ limit is $7-8lb - usually they run that sale about once a month or so on mixed cuts I like. I opt out of the 'family pack' discount they run more often as I do not need 4 steaks at once to save $$ ( something about freezing them takes away their freshness to me )

Last edited by StrkAliteN; 09-20-2017 at 08:57 AM..

Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,349,043 times
Another day of run, run, run or I guess I should say drive, drive, drive. I guess I could slow down and not say, sure I will do it but that just isn't me. Also could forget bridge once in awhile. Today is winey bridge day We all bring something and some of us provide wine. We do play bridge but we eat and drink also. I just hope the hostess has enough left overs to bring some home. Otherwise I have a little chicken in the fridge so can do chinese food. Regardless, whatever it is,it isn't what was on my weekly menu this week. Have a good day everyone and enjoy dinner. I am sure, whatever we have we will enjoy. I am just thankful we are not suffering from hurricanes or earth quakes right now. Our younger daughter and her husband are at a resort near Mexico city. Everything is fine, but the airport in Mexico City is closed. They will probably have to fly from where they are to some other place in the northern part of Mexico to get home on Friday.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:33 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,571,124 times
My chili turned out delicious yesterday and I ate 2 big bowls of it.

Plenty left over but I'm on standby jury duty tomorrow and Friday and my chili has beans so tonight will be a sauteed chicken breast and steamed green beans. For dessert, a dose of Eno, just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink