Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2017, 06:01 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,638,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Why surprise? I'm allergic to all dairy. I also don't like cheese... or any dairy, really. I did find some bland, non-dairy, organic, yougurt-ish glop that I can use, should I ever desire... that doesn't happen often. The texture is nice & creamy & the price tag was a bit high... but, overall, it's pretty blase.

Tonight's dinner was homemade chicken broth I'd frozen weeks ago & some organic powerbar I'd bought to keep in the car for emergencies. Just got running water again tonight after the hurricane, so I've been unable to cook. For desert... late night espresso is in order.

Have a wonderful weekend, All.
I didn't know you were allergic to cheese, that explains why you skipped it. The way you worded it sounds like you skipped the cheese because of the carbs.

I am sorry you still do not have running water. Our son, in the Ft Myers area lives near a hospital in Cape Coral, they got everything back almost immediately. As of yesterday, our daughter in the Orlando area still had no power. Needless to say, she is getting a little frustrated.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:06 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,638,835 times
Cooking dinner for a family at church who we have been preparing food for the past few months. The husband is terminally ill, plus broke his hip and leg on a cruise a few months ago. Anyway, we have what we call a meal train at church. It is my turn to prepare a dinner. As long as I have to do something that can be frozen for them I am having the same for us: Pot roast with veggies plus a green salad. I haven't fixed pot roast for ages. We love it but can't get over the price of it. I guess I need to stop remembering when some of the cuts of meats that cost a lot today used to be budget foods. That is one of the reasons we eat lots of chicken and pork, but very little beef.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:30 AM

50,721 posts, read 64,930,195 times
I'm thinking of either meatloaf or chicken. Since we're having leftover burgers for lunch, I imagine chicken would be better. Either browned and simmered with aldredo sauce, or the lemon chicken I've made a few times, with spinach and pasta.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 AM

126,567 posts, read 19,338,808 times
We have amazing summer weather and sweating away for now..

So a perfect evening for a swim in our friends pool followed by a barbecue,great music and lots of chatting.
I will bring an apple cake and plum/Zwetschgendatschi served with whipping creme and ice coffee.

Have a good weekend everyone

Old 09-16-2017, 08:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,919,266 times
I'm eating out tonight with my best friend, but tomorrow my husband will be home after a few days out of town, so I'll be fixing him his favorite meal of all time (I know, I think it's weird but he LOVES it - even more than he loves Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners!):

Pork loin (in the crock pot, wrapped in bacon with fresh garlic and brown sugar wrapped inside it)
Broccoli cheesy rice
Fresh sliced tomatoes
Crusty french bread

Simple but delicious!

Old 09-16-2017, 09:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,919,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
We have amazing summer weather and sweating away for now..

So a perfect evening for a swim in our friends pool followed by a barbecue,great music and lots of chatting.
I will bring an apple cake and plum/Zwetschgendatschi served with whipping creme and ice coffee.

Have a good weekend everyone
That sounds fabulous!

You know, it's probably a matter of perception, but this past week we had about six nights in a row where the temps got down into the mid 50s, and I was totally ready to light up the fire pit and fill up the hot tub! For us, that's nippy weather! For my family up in Ohio, that's just late summer weather.

Now unfortunately the highs are back into the low 90s and the lows are in the low 70s - more typical of September weather here, but I sure did like that little tease of autumn.

It's about to be my very favorite time of year, when we crank up the tunes, and sit outside on the patio, sometimes BBQing and sometimes just bringing our meals outside, with the fire pit crackling away...I love it! I love the small of wood and leaves burning on a cool night.

Food tastes better outside too I think. I have no idea why.

I'm in the mood to make some sort of apple pie with whipped cream now that you got me thinking in that direction!

Old 09-16-2017, 10:20 AM

12,285 posts, read 8,725,320 times
We just finished with a week of highs in the eighties here in Southern MN. It was one last chance to laze at my favorite swimming hole and I had it nearly to myself. The water was pleasantly cool for late summer and very clear. What a treat that was!

It was so warm that one night we had summer sausage, tomatoes, smoked cheddar, Swiss, crackers and grapes for supper.

I found two smallish sirloins in the freezer and if it doesn't rain on us we'll grill them later on. Think I'll marinate them in teriyaki and serve with lemon rice and peas.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:48 AM

24,029 posts, read 24,607,014 times
Starting to feel like a fall day here in Northern California, we will be cooking up a beef stew in our slow cooker for this evening.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 AM

50,721 posts, read 64,930,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm thinking of either meatloaf or chicken. Since we're having leftover burgers for lunch, I imagine chicken would be better. Either browned and simmered with aldredo sauce, or the lemon chicken I've made a few times, with spinach and pasta.
I've decided to make the lemon chicken with shrimp. Also peach cobbler.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:50 PM

21,074 posts, read 28,774,700 times
Our dinner is weird because of the combination of items. we are having a last minute guest for dinner. My DH HS buddy stopped by and we asked him to stay. Spaghetti with marinara, saute'd garlic shrimp, cheeseburgers on the grill and steamed carrots. an easy whipped up meal. I wasn't planning on the burgers but I got them fresh today and needed to use up the last of the hamburger buns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink