Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Wow...I am amazed at how "blinded" McCain supporters seem to be. All McCain does is try to tear down Obama, and it seems that his supporters operate the same way. I have yet to read many posts on here (if any) that discuss McCain's plans and policies.
And they differ from Obama supporters how? Outside of election years McCain is a well thought of respected senator by both parties. Biden once commented that he would be proud to be McCains VP. That was before Obama chose him.
On this forum I have heard seen McCain slandered for surrendering to non-stop torture. Name someone who wouldn't have surrendered to such treatment.
This forum has also slandered Palin, her family and questioned who the parents of Trig really were.
The petty slander comes from both sides and is equally low.

Last edited by tinman01; 11-01-2008 at 06:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 06:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And they differ from Obama supporters how? Outside of election years McCain is a well though of respected senator by both parties. Biden once commented that he would be proud to be McCains VP. That was before Obama chose him.
On this forum I have heard seen McCain slandered for surrendering to non-stop torture. Name someone who wouldn't have surrendered to such treatment.
This forum has also slandered Palin, her family and questioned who the parents of Trig really were.
The petty slander comes from both sides and is equally low.
Let's use a hypothetical percentage:

Obama spends 80% of his speech time outlining his candidacy...and 20% remarking on McCain.

McCain spends 20% of his speech time talking about his policy...and 80% of the time trying to discredit Obama.

Same thing on here. Notice that the McCain supporters start threads against Senator Obama many times more often than starting one that is pro-McCain.

I just started a thread asking why McCain supporters are voting for him...as of yet, no takers.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:32 PM

274 posts, read 606,019 times
Obama supports Roe v Wade. McCain does not.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Let's use a hypothetical percentage:

Obama spends 80% of his speech time outlining his candidacy...and 20% remarking on McCain.

McCain spends 20% of his speech time talking about his policy...and 80% of the time trying to discredit Obama.

Same thing on here. Notice that the McCain supporters start threads against Senator Obama many times more often than starting one that is pro-McCain.
What are the actual percentages (not hypothetical ones)?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What are the actual percentages (not hypothetical ones)?
I'm not sure anyone has tried to calculate this! let me go look at the current forum page and I'll get back to you....(to be cont.)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
We had the largest economic Boom because of the Clinton Admin. Digging us out of the trickle down recession that Reagan and Bush Sr had us in. nice try!!
Are you kidding? Approximately 20 million jobs were created during the Reagan era (btw, don't lump him with Bush Sr.).
The most prosperous peacetime decade since WWII. An unemployment rate which went from 7+% when he took office to 5.5% when he left office. Etc, etc

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM

274 posts, read 606,019 times
Obama is pro-gay rights. McCain is not.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
one more reason.
You still don't understand, drifting...
The 1980s Congress outspent Reagan.
And Clinton at first would not sign the 1995 Republican-written Balanced Budget Amendment into law.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyez02403 View Post
Obama is pro-gay rights. McCain is not.
That is not a reason because they already have rights.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:47 PM

31 posts, read 37,589 times
Default Why McCain / Palin

I believe in capitalism, so I support candidates that encourage private enterprise.

I don't want the government all up in my business - I don't want to depend on the government for my health care, my job, or my children's education. So, I support McCain because he wants to take an axe to the government.

I believe that we live in a world where a strong military is a necessity, not a luxury, and I support McCain because he thinks the same.

I believe in personal accountability - the victim mentality makes me sick - and I believe that personal accountability should be practiced by our elected officials. John McCain and Sarah Palin have promised to call out the politicians that try to get funny with spending our tax dollars & I welcome that kind of transparency.

There are some areas in which I don't agree with McCain - Roe v. Wade is an example. I don't think abortion should be illegal. Each woman should have to make her own choice as to whether she wants to kill her fetus or not. I also don't think tax dollars should be used to subsidize abortions or abortion counseling. It's a private matter & the government doesn't really have any place in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections