Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 08:45 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times

Advertisements

You need to see what green coffey beans do for you. Check out the research before you say how bad Thrive is for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You need to see what green coffey beans do for you. Check out the research before you say how bad Thrive is for you.

Not sure what green coffey [sic] beans have to do with this, if I missed something about that in this thread, my apologies.

That being said, when I see things like "green coffee beans," I immediately just think scam, wrong, no way, yeah right, give me a break, etc. If you mean they are healthy for you, like, say... chia seeds are, great.

If you mean they'll help you lose weight, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Not to mention how much money you are spending on it!!! But then again, if you really look at it as a magic pill that actually works and you are willing to take it for the rest of your natural born life and pay that amount, more power to ya!
Yea it cost me just under $200 a month. By taking it I replaced what I was spending on other things. Here is what I used to spend a month.

Two Rockstar energy drinks a day. $2.69 each at $5.38 a day

Breakfast at work cost me about $4 to $5 a day. Lets say $4

I still buy lunch but find myself not craving high fat items.

Snacks, I used to buy a candy bar each day at our gift shop $1.25 a day.

Since this is during the week I am actually saving only $10.63 a day X 5 days a week = $53.15

If we look at that savings on a two week time frame I am saving $106.30 every two weeks or on a monthly dayly basis I am saving $233.86 (for the month of April anyway) Savings is based on what I replaced by taking Thrive. For a month of Thrive, meaning 30 day supply of pills, patches, and a shake a day that cost me $200 plus about $16 shipping cost. So now I am spending $216 for something that is good for me, helping me lose weight, is giving me more energy than I have had in years, I can think more clearly than I have been able to in who knows how many years. On top of all that I am saving $17.86 a month after you facture in the cost of the Thrive and what I had been spending on other things. And that does not take into effect what i am not consuming on weekends.

Do the research on what is in Thrive. Look up the individual products.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Not sure what green coffey [sic] beans have to do with this, if I missed something about that in this thread, my apologies.

That being said, when I see things like "green coffee beans," I immediately just think scam, wrong, no way, yeah right, give me a break, etc. If you mean they are healthy for you, like, say... chia seeds are, great.

If you mean they'll help you lose weight, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.
Green, raw coffey been extract is one of the main ingrediants. For me I find it may be better to learn about what is in a product before I talk about it. You can see what those in the know are saying about green coffee bean extract.

7 Amazing Ways Your Health Can Benefit From Coffee Bean Extract

Supplement Spotlight: Green Coffee Bean Extract | Men's Fitness

What Are the Benefits of Green Coffee? | LIVESTRONG.COM

How Green Coffee Bean Extract Can Help You Lose Weight / Nutrition

I can go on and on.

Last edited by SOON2BNSURPRISE; 04-16-2015 at 09:28 AM..

Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Yea it cost me just under $200 a month. By taking it I replaced what I was spending on other things. Here is what I used to spend a month.

Two Rockstar energy drinks a day. $2.69 each at $5.38 a day

Breakfast at work cost me about $4 to $5 a day. Lets say $4

I still buy lunch but find myself not craving high fat items.

Snacks, I used to buy a candy bar each day at our gift shop $1.25 a day.

Since this is during the week I am actually saving only $10.63 a day X 5 days a week = $53.15

If we look at that savings on a two week time frame I am saving $106.30 every two weeks or on a monthly dayly basis I am saving $233.86 (for the month of April anyway) Savings is based on what I replaced by taking Thrive. For a month of Thrive, meaning 30 day supply of pills, patches, and a shake a day that cost me $200 plus about $16 shipping cost. So now I am spending $216 for something that is good for me, helping me lose weight, is giving me more energy than I have had in years, I can think more clearly than I have been able to in who knows how many years. On top of all that I am saving $17.86 a month after you facture in the cost of the Thrive and what I had been spending on other things. And that does not take into effect what i am not consuming on weekends.

Do the research on what is in Thrive. Look up the individual products.
I gave up alcohol which was costing me upwards of $200 a month. I feel better now, obviously. I started making better food choices, though I'm no vegetable saint lol. So those things alone are good for me personally right now.

It sounds like you are very pleased with Thrive and I am glad it's working for you. I am not going to do any research on Thrive, as I am not interested in stuff like that for me personally.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:35 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
The ultra-high vitamin B12 content is not "good for you." Green coffee extract is not "good for you." They're not "bad" for you either - they're just wasted money.

Some science:
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is absorbed by binding to proteins when you ingest foods containing it. If you're taking a pill containing B12, then only a tiny fraction of the total is actually absorbed. The rest is (literally) flushed down the toilet.

If you want a higher B12 content, eat meat, mollusks, shellfish, in particular.

You shouldn't replace the 2 Rockstar energy drinks with ANYTHING. They're bad for you. Just - stop drinking them. If you need to drink something, drink water. Water is actually GOOD for you. You'll save $5.38 per day just by omitting that one item from your daily menu. $5.38 x 7 days per week = $37.66/week. $37.66/week x 4 weeks to a month = $150.64 per month in savings, AND healthier eating habits, all in one go, without having to buy a single thing.

Candy bar at the gift shop $1.25 - okay let's just give you a candy bar every day. But instead of buying one a day at a gift shop, how about go to Walgreen's or CVS and buy a 10-pack of candy bars for $3.00. So instead of paying 1.25x7x4= $35 per month on candy, you're paying only $9/month on candy. A savings of $26.00 per month.

Make your own breakfast every morning before heading out the door for work. Since you seem to be concerned about fat, you could go high carb low fat, by having a bowl of oatmeal with a healthy splash of 2% milk, a tablespoon of dark brown sugar, and 1/8 cup of raisins. Total cost - around 75 cents per morning. That's a savings of $3.75 per day x 7 days per week x 4 weeks per month = $105.00 per month.

Now - add the $105 plus $35 plus $150.64 up and you've just saved $290.64 by NOT buying any supplements, eliminating your rock star ridiculousness, eating breakfast at home, and buying your candy in bulk instead of individually.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The ultra-high vitamin B12 content is not "good for you." Green coffee extract is not "good for you." They're not "bad" for you either - they're just wasted money.

Some science:
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is absorbed by binding to proteins when you ingest foods containing it. If you're taking a pill containing B12, then only a tiny fraction of the total is actually absorbed. The rest is (literally) flushed down the toilet.

You shouldn't replace the 2 Rockstar energy drinks with ANYTHING. They're bad for you. Just - stop drinking them. If you need to drink something, drink water. Water is actually GOOD for you. You'll save $5.38 per day just by omitting that one item from your daily menu. $5.38 x 7 days per week = $37.66/week. $37.66/week x 4 weeks to a month = $150.64 per month in savings, AND healthier eating habits, all in one go, without having to buy a single thing.

Candy bar at the gift shop $1.25 - okay let's just give you a candy bar every day. But instead of buying one a day at a gift shop, how about go to Walgreen's or CVS and buy a 10-pack of candy bars for $3.00. So instead of paying 1.25x7x4= $35 per month on candy, you're paying only $9/month on candy. A savings of $26.00 per month.

Make your own breakfast every morning before heading out the door for work. Since you seem to be concerned about fat, you could go high carb low fat, by having a bowl of oatmeal with a healthy splash of 2% milk, a tablespoon of dark brown sugar, and 1/8 cup of raisins. Total cost - around 75 cents per morning. That's a savings of $3.75 per day x 7 days per week x 4 weeks per month = $105.00 per month.

Now - add the $105 plus $35 plus $150.64 up and you've just saved $290.64 by NOT buying any supplements, eliminating your rock star ridiculousness, eating breakfast at home, and buying your candy in bulk instead of individually.
But will he feel as good as he does if he is not taking his greenie beans? Is it the placebo effect? That JUST popped into my head as I was typing this!! Hmmmmm!!!
He has unequivocally stated that the product is making him feel better, so I don't think we can talk him out of it.
All I will say is you have your green beans, I'll have my brown (Folger's).

Old 04-16-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
But will he feel as good as he does if he is not taking his greenie beans? Is it the placebo effect? That JUST popped into my head as I was typing this!! Hmmmmm!!!
He has unequivocally stated that the product is making him feel better, so I don't think we can talk him out of it.
All I will say is you have your green beans, I'll have my brown (Folger's).
It's probably the white willow bark extract in the patch that's making him feel good. It's just the natural source of aspirin - which is a blood thinner and analgesic.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

Some science:

Thrive has 100mcg or 1667% of the recommended amount of B12.

Here is what the medical community is saying about B12:

The typical general supplemental dose of vitamin B12 is 1-25 mcg per day.

The recommended dietary allowances (RDAs) of vitamin B12 are: Infants 0-6 months, 0.4 mcg; infants 7-12 months, 0.5 mcg; children 1-3 years, 0.9 mcg; children 4-8 years, 1.2 mcg; children 9-13 years, 1.8 mcg; older children and adults, 2.4 mcg; pregnant women, 2.6 mcg; and breast-feeding women, 2.8 mcg. Because 10% to 30% of older people do not absorb food-bound vitamin B12 efficiently, those over 50 years should meet the RDA by eating foods fortified with B12 or by taking a vitamin B12 supplement. Supplementation of 25-100 mcg per day has been used to maintain vitamin B12 levels in older people.

vitamin b12: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD
  • For vitamin B12 deficiency or pernicious anemia: cyanocobalamin doses of 300-10,000 mcg (microgram) daily have been used. However, some evidence suggests that the most effective oral dose is between 647-1032 mcg/day.
  • For high blood levels of homocysteine: vitamin B12 500 mcg in combination with 0.5-5 mg folic acid and 16.5 mg pyridoxine has been used.
  • For preventing age-related macular degeneration (AMD): vitamin B12 1 mg, folic acid 2.5 mg, and pyridoxine 50 mg daily has been studied.
Dr. Weil suggests 50mcg to 100mcg a day. Thrive has 100mcg of B12
Facts About Vitamin B and Vitamin B12 - Dr. Weil

Old 04-17-2015, 05:28 PM

Most of the B12 in supplements is wasted. Dr. Weil recommends that you get 50-100mcg per day IF YOU ARE DEFICIENT or have other medical need.

He recommends - well let's let him tell you what he recommends:

Quote:
How much, and what kind, does an adult need?
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the average daily U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) is:

people age 14 and older, 2.4 mcg;
for adult and adolescent pregnant females, 2.6 mcg
and for adult and adolescent lactating females, 2.8mcg.
The B12 you are getting in your pills are being literally flushed down the toilet. It is excreted in your urine and NOT absorbed into the body. If you want to pay for it, that's fine - but really you should just take the pill and toss it in the toilet, because that's the result you're getting.

You only need to supplement B12 if you have a deficiency that for whatever reason you are not able to make up for with food (such as being a strict vegan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss