Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:54 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roskybosky View Post
To the nay-sayers on this post, if you are under the age of 55, believe me, you are in for a shock as you get older.

I have been healthy and thin all of my life, know all about food, protein, carbs, I weight-train, run, ride horses, and run up and down stairs daily. Lots of walking.

For the past 10 years I have been trying to lose 20 pounds that crept up on me slowly. I track calories on Loseit!, exercise daily, drink water, blah, blah, blah. I've had my thyroid checked several times. Can't lose weight no matter what. Gained on Weight Watchers and South Beach.

I am trying S4L this week.

You may think that people who can't lose weight just don't know what they are doing. But plenty of people are doing all of the right things and stay the same NO MATTER WHAT. I wouldn't believe it either if it did not happen to me. I am down to 950 calories a day.

Hopefully, some human support will help. If you are young or youngish, you can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it can be to diet and diet and diet and stay the same.

BTW, I am female and 65 years old, appear to be about 55, and play all sports, work full time, and am super active.

Be kind to others fighting the fight.
Plain and simple it sucks for older women. No doubt about it. It goes on and doesn't want to come off. But it will, you just have to be diligent.
Choose your foods wisely to get the most bang for your nutritional buck. Write down everything you eat and track your calories. You exercise so you are ahead of the game. Intervals, HIIT helps blast calories.
I have had to scale back my calorie intake.
Stay away from any kind of fad diet. At this point find a way to eat and exercise that you can live with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 07:24 PM

289 posts, read 248,318 times
Save your money very bad unhealthy diet that may make you very unwell, bunch scammers

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...e-c262647.html

https://dietpillswatchdog.tumblr.com...7814/slim4life

Old 08-14-2019, 11:06 PM

3 posts, read 1,477 times
What happened????

Old 08-15-2019, 04:39 AM

128 posts, read 105,298 times
Why people give their hard earned money to mid-level marketing scams (and they are ALL scams) is beyond me. I guess the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" is true.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:54 PM

Hi!
How are you doing now?
I am also 56.
I am investigating S4L plan for my friends.
What I use personally are the OWYN and Iconic 20 g protein drinks to reach 100 g protein intake daily. It can also be meat fish poultry cottage cheese Greek yogurt or eggs. Carbohydrate Grand need to be between 50-100 grams. Fat comprises your remaining calories depending on your calorie maximum.

Exercise 20 or more minutes daily.
.if you try this approach, let me know if it works for you

Nina

Old 08-15-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Missouri View Post
Hi!
How are you doing now?
I am also 56.
I am investigating S4L plan for my friends.
What I use personally are the OWYN and Iconic 20 g protein drinks to reach 100 g protein intake daily. It can also be meat fish poultry cottage cheese Greek yogurt or eggs. Carbohydrate Grand need to be between 50-100 grams. Fat comprises your remaining calories depending on your calorie maximum.

Exercise 20 or more minutes daily.
.if you try this approach, let me know if it works for you

Nina

You don't need that rubbish eat real food.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:38 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,157,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
You don't need that rubbish eat real food.

She's selling it. She's not investigating s4l for her "friends" that was just a feint to look like a real poster.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:21 AM

I researched the pill ingredients. All the pills together are $150/mo on Amazon as just the active ingredients.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Missouri View Post
I researched the pill ingredients. All the pills together are $150/mo on Amazon as just the active ingredients.
Mods why are you NOT banning this poster??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss