Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 09:31 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Most of the B12 in supplements is wasted. Dr. Weil recommends that you get 50-100mcg per day IF YOU ARE DEFICIENT or have other medical need.

He recommends - well let's let him tell you what he recommends:

The B12 you are getting in your pills are being literally flushed down the toilet. It is excreted in your urine and NOT absorbed into the body. If you want to pay for it, that's fine - but really you should just take the pill and toss it in the toilet, because that's the result you're getting.

You only need to supplement B12 if you have a deficiency that for whatever reason you are not able to make up for with food (such as being a strict vegan).
You forgot to mention that in his story he mentioned People over 50 years of age should consume vitamin B12-fortified foods, or take a vitamin B12 supplement - 25-100 mcg per day has been used to maintain vitamin B12 levels in older people. Amazing, that is the amount that is in Thrive.

On top of that the money spent on Thrive is for an amazing system. For the entire program you are taking the two pills on an empty stomach, putting on a patch, about 30 minutes later you can take a shake. For me the shake also happens to replace a meal. Not too get on a B12 tangent or anything. Plenty of other things in Thrive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You forgot to mention that in his story he mentioned People over 50 years of age should consume vitamin B12-fortified foods, or take a vitamin B12 supplement - 25-100 mcg per day has been used to maintain vitamin B12 levels in older people. Amazing, that is the amount that is in Thrive.

On top of that the money spent on Thrive is for an amazing system. For the entire program you are taking the two pills on an empty stomach, putting on a patch, about 30 minutes later you can take a shake. For me the shake also happens to replace a meal. Not too get on a B12 tangent or anything. Plenty of other things in Thrive.
B12 will not help anyone unless they are deficient in it. You know what they say about a fool and his money?

Old 04-26-2015, 08:32 PM

157 posts, read 705,491 times
I think we are educated enough on Thrive now, instead of continuing to highjack this thread start your own topic like "Thrive is the best thing since sliced coffee beans".

Everything in excess is bad for you!! Even oxygen!

In all seriousness, I really hope Thrive works out for you. I was paying $600/month on Slim4Life and a lot of people freaked about that, but I also was saving money elsewhere. I wasn't buying 3-4 sweet tea's every day and having a $5 breakfast every morning and a $10-15 lunch every day. In the end I was probably only out about $350 / month and I have to say, if someone had told me I could spend $350 / month to lose 80 lbs in 6 months guaranteed or my money back I would have jumped at it (and I kinda did!).

In the end it sounds very similar in what Slim4Life does. A lot of diets these days play with caffeine and sugar substitutes. Most of them replace one or more meals. It's all a balancing game and you have to find out what works for you and which one is less of a scam. All of them take will power and restraint, none of them are a miracle fix.

Me personally. going from a size 54 waist to a size 38 makes me feel pretty good and I have even stopped taking the supplements and I am doing great. Not having any horrid crashes with the lack of the caffeine pills or the like. Though I do have some as a backup when I need it!

Old 05-04-2015, 02:33 PM

That previous post was my poor attempt at humor.

In any case I am on maintenance plan with Slim4Life, though I intend to lose a little more on my own. I have been very busy so I can't tell you exactly how they do that as I haven't visited them but once in the past 2 weeks due to things going on in my life. So far going off the plan and not using their maintenance like I should be (hope to get there this week sometime) I have been sticking within 3-4 lbs of my lowest weight. It goes up and down. I am still attempting to eat right with some fast-food type meals here and there due to our kitchen being out of commission.

Probably the worst for me is drinking enough water. When I am busy and moving around I tend to drink water a lot less than when I am sitting at my desk at work.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,442 times
I am a nutritionist and worked for Slim4Life for a brief 3 months a few years ago. The reason I left is that I was told I was spending too much time giving my clients nutritional information and and not selling enough products. It was all about "Sales." They worse thing about it is the bars that they have you eat 2 or more times a day is loaded with trans fats. In good conscious I could not recommend these products for my clients and quit. It is all about the Sales not about you!

Old 06-17-2015, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,163 times
Lol! They care about the money. When you question anything in the program they turn on you like a pack of wolves.
The diet works, but the rudeness of the employee's is severe. I am not going to pay someone to treat me like I am a
lessor person than the likes of the staff. My experience was in Arlington and I won't ever go back or refer anyone.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:24 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
sirdevan, how are you doing with maintenance?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:39 PM

wdfuller, I have never had them treat me wrong in Plano. When I mentioned it was too much for me monthly they very kindly showed me what I could cut and what was the most important. I dropped from about $650/month (including my food) to about $250/month and still was losing ok, though it did slow a little. I think in the end they wanted me to keep with the lipo and a release as needed, I stopped taking the slim700 pill for a bit but went back on it as it was definitely helping.

Until things were packed, I was probably taking 1-2 lipos per day (10 / week) and 2-4 releases per week. 2-3 slim 700's per day and a normal daily vitamin. I also drank 1 of their "boosts" and 1 quench per day, but only had maybe 5 snacks a week.

I am doing 'ok' but the timing of me closing and moving during maintenance was probably not the best as we have been eating a lot of fast food due to being between houses and/or moving, staying up super late and grabbing a bit only when I have a sec. That being said I am probably up about 5 lbs, mostly from not doing any of the plan (not even taking supplements they are packed in a box somewhere!).

We are finally "moved" in, storages are finally empty, but we are still somewhat living out of boxes and will be for a couple weeks I think. I fully intend to get back on the plan in about a week. I am enjoying the weight loss and want to lose a little more.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,084 times
Default Thank you Sirdevan

Sirdevan, I have read all of your posts and truly appreciate the honesty and your journey, it was simply inspiring. I am in a weight battle and looking for honest solutions. I also appreciate the constructive posts of others, several of them are quite helpful.

For those of you who felt the need to inject non constructive posts, what is wrong with you? Did it make you feel better about yourself tearing down another? If my post offends you, you are the person I am specifically pointing at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
wdfuller, I have never had them treat me wrong in Plano. When I mentioned it was too much for me monthly they very kindly showed me what I could cut and what was the most important. I dropped from about $650/month (including my food) to about $250/month and still was losing ok, though it did slow a little. I think in the end they wanted me to keep with the lipo and a release as needed, I stopped taking the slim700 pill for a bit but went back on it as it was definitely helping.

Until things were packed, I was probably taking 1-2 lipos per day (10 / week) and 2-4 releases per week. 2-3 slim 700's per day and a normal daily vitamin. I also drank 1 of their "boosts" and 1 quench per day, but only had maybe 5 snacks a week.

I am doing 'ok' but the timing of me closing and moving during maintenance was probably not the best as we have been eating a lot of fast food due to being between houses and/or moving, staying up super late and grabbing a bit only when I have a sec. That being said I am probably up about 5 lbs, mostly from not doing any of the plan (not even taking supplements they are packed in a box somewhere!).

We are finally "moved" in, storages are finally empty, but we are still somewhat living out of boxes and will be for a couple weeks I think. I fully intend to get back on the plan in about a week. I am enjoying the weight loss and want to lose a little more.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:53 AM

lakerat63 - Not a problem. I wasn't overweight initially, but 20 years of gaining 5 lbs a year crept up on me and when I tried to lose weight it just wouldn't move. Regardless of what exactly was the issue(s) Slim4Life and determination helped me get to where I am today.

I will admit, now, I do believe I could do this myself, but they specifically taught me what to do and their constant (sometimes almost annoying!) accountability is something I really needed to keep pushing. I get to a point when I know I have gained 1-2 lbs that week that I would avoid going in as I wanted to always have a weight loss!

This may sound funny but it is a big reason I would work the next couple days. Now reflecting back on things I think this helped about as much as the plan itself.

If I inspire one person with this blog then it was successful, doesn't matter how many respond negatively as long as it helps someone positively!

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss