Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 10,496 times

Advertisements

I lost 70 pounds on my own and kept it off for a year and a half. I went through a pretty substantial bout with depression and turned to food for comfort. I gained back 30 pounds over the next 7 months but lots of burgers, pizza, chocolate and uncontrolled portions will do that to you. Anyway I have three friends who lost huge amounts of weight on slim4life and have kept it off for going on 7 years now so I decided why the heck not give it a try to jump start getting back into my old clothes. I purchased the 6 week program and enough supplements to last for the six weeks. Cost $696 for everything. What I really wanted out of the whole thing was the food combinations they recommended and the portions they recommended. I have followed the plan and yes it does work. The same thing can be done through Herbalife for 1/4 of the cost. You just have to match the products. Like I said, the big difference is how the food is combined. The most expensive thing they will sell you is their Metabolizer which is about $140 for 180 capsules. It comes as Metabolizer light, Metabolizer and Lipo-cell (which is crazy strong). They want you to take between three to five of these Metabolizer pills a day. If you are taking the Lipo-cell you only take one a day. I purchased the regular Metabolizer and have been taking one a day. (If I took more I would look like Bill the cat) Works all day, specially when combined with the Boost4Life energy drink you can add to water. Now according tot he instructions on the Boost4Life you are supposed to pour one of the pre-measured packets into 8-12 ounces of water. Whatever. I use one pre-measured packet in 33ounces of water otherwise the flavor is just gross. The Boost4Life is $22 a box (14 in a box). The lime flavor is icky, the orange flavor tastes like a weak dreamsicle, the berry flavor is the best and I actually like it. I will mix up a bottle and kind of nurse it all day in one of those cups with straws. Of course they have a multi-vitamin and then the "EFA's." The EFA's is fish oil (omega 3, 6 and 9) Yep...you take 9 a day. But I will be honest. I was taking a lot of fish oil before I started this so no big deal. They also have remeasured salad dressings, italian, honey dijon and then a red wine flavored one. These I do like and since I eat a lot of raw snitch anyway...Ok so how about the snacks....well they have protein bars. They are ok...nothing special...kind of pasty...you can find better tasting ones at the health food store...just watch the size and the sugar level. The Caramel Crunch bar is worth a try. They have "smoothies" called Quench. Comes in pre-measured plastic bottles so all you do is add water and shake. The Mango flavor is not bad but that cafe-latte flavor...kind of weak. Then they have remeasured packets of Quench not to be considered smoothies. The Mango is good, the Cappuccino can be consumed hot. I mix the cappuccino with my coffee. I drink a really dark decaf coffee so when i add the cappuccino Quench it is not bad at all. There is a hot chocolate that i do the same thing with. They have these things called zippers. The barbecue flavor taste like bbq potato chips so these are really big sellers. They are salty and are what I consider a large serving. You can find the prices for everything on their site. The thing to know is this...if you go to their site or into their center and see a sign that says "6-Week program $299 - includes Starter supply of products" know that the "starter" supply of products MIGHT last you two weeks. So the deal is that you will have to purchase the remainder of the products. THAT is where the true cost of the program comes in. The other thing is that if you are going to sign up for the program do it before the beginning of the year. That is when all of the specials are etc. After the first of the year it is true things will be on sale but generally it is the icky stuff. They are always coming out with new products so there is always something different to try. They have pudding, soup etc. After the initial investment and after you get the hang of the program you really can go on auto-pilot for the rest of your life. The program can be done without the supplements and the other aids...they just help you get going. It is all about retraining the way you eat and getting back to good habits. Remembering to eat more green veggies than other color veggies. I eat a lot of spinach, broccoli and kimchi. 4 ounces of things like chicken, fish and red meat. Never eat red meat two days in a row. Lots of water. Do that and you are home free. So does it work...yes. Is it worth doing longer than 6 weeks...not really. Do you have to buy all the supplements to be successful...nope. So there you have it. My honest take on the program. Hope it helps someone out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 AM

157 posts, read 705,719 times
Slim4Life Week 10
Days on Diet: 65
This Week: 1 lbs
Total Loss: 41 lbs
Left to Lose: 59 lbs

landshutsweetred - Thanks for your input. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I am now past the 6 weeks, though and still happy with things.

My weight loss has slowed greatly, but that isn't because of anything other than I have gotten a little bit loose on it. Not eating all the fruit, taking meals to work less etc. I need to push back into this to get it moving again. Especially knowing I am almost half way there.

I have dropped 2 pants sizes I believe. Previously I was wearing size 48 pants from walmart with the "adjustable waistline". Now that I have lost weight I can tell these pants were stretched out to about a 52 (maybe higher). This is Wal-Marts way of making you feel better about being fat I suppose.

I just recently purchased some 48 (non adjustable) and a 46. I can get into the 46s now but they are a little tight. The 48s actually fit fine now. I even pulled some clothes out of storage I wasn't able to wear anymore. I found some 44's, can't wait till those fit again. I put some on, but they were obviously super tight.

I bagged 8 pairs of pants and 4 shirts for donation that were falling off of me!

Old 12-04-2014, 03:52 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
Slim4Life Week 10

My weight loss has slowed greatly, but that isn't because of anything other than I have gotten a little bit loose on it.
Congrats! Just had to thank you for using the word loose correctly.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:48 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Fantastic! So happy for you!

Old 12-06-2014, 05:40 AM

88 posts, read 192,218 times
If it really worked then all over-weighted people will start trying it. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:24 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Slim4Life Week 10

landshutsweetred - Thanks for your input. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I am now past the 6 weeks, though and still happy with things.

My weight loss has slowed greatly, but that isn't because of anything other than I have gotten a little bit loose on it. Not eating all the fruit, taking meals to work less etc. I need to push back into this to get it moving again. Especially knowing I am almost half way there.

I have dropped 2 pants sizes I believe. Previously I was wearing size 48 pants from walmart with the "adjustable waistline". Now that I have lost weight I can tell these pants were stretched out to about a 52 (maybe higher). This is Wal-Marts way of making you feel better about being fat I suppose.

I just recently purchased some 48 (non adjustable) and a 46. I can get into the 46s now but they are a little tight. The 48s actually fit fine now. I even pulled some clothes out of storage I wasn't able to wear anymore. I found some 44's, can't wait till those fit again. I put some on, but they were obviously super tight.

I bagged 8 pairs of pants and 4 shirts for donation that were falling off of me!
Congrats!! Good for you.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Slim4Life Week 10 End
Days on Diet: 70
This Week: 6 lbs
Total Loss: 46 lbs
Left to Lose: 54 lbs

I came up with something I call the 10 step rule. If I put on a pair of pants (without a belt) and I take 10 steps and they stay on I keep them! So 8 pairs of pants had to go. I am now wearing size 46 comfortably! I also purchased a pair of 44 pants and couple XL shirts to test when I fit into them. I am assuming another 15 lbs before 44's are comfortable give or take and 20lbs for the XL shirts.

Progress was really slow, but as I said before it was my fault, not the plan. I have pushed back into it and I am losing an average of .4-.6 lbs per day at this time.

I did have a "cheat" meal last Saturday. I took my wife to a Brazilian steakhouse! I ate 90% meat so, besides eating more than 5oz and it being of course salty, it wasn't going too crazy. I did taste her desert though!!!

Old 12-22-2014, 03:44 PM

Slim4Life Week 12
Days on Diet: 83
This Week: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 52 lbs
Left to Lose: 48 lbs

I hit a plateau the beginning of last week and had to change up things a bit to kickstart it again. Basically had about 6 days where I had a 2lb gain and no loss, but it's going down again! Finally hit my half way mark! Yay!

Old 01-04-2015, 03:30 PM

Slim4Life Week 14
Days on Diet: 96
This Week: 2 lbs
Total Loss: 60 lbs
Left to Lose: 40 lbs

Made it through the holidays without gaining! It wasn't easy, but I did convince my wife to not make a ton of sweets like she usually does.

2XL's are starting to look big on me and one of my 44's are fitting. XL shorts are fitting. I had family buy clothes for Christmas so I have some 44's, 42's and 40's ready to try as I lose more.

Just an FYI I am 6'4" and not a small guy. My bones are huge (none broke yet) When I was younger I was mistaken for a bouncer a couple times. I think I remember wearing 36" when I was in my early 20's but to be honest that has been a few years ago. So where I stop will probably depend on how I feel.

I am feeling great right now, a lot I can do I couldn't before already!

Happy New years!

Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times
Quote:
Slim4Life Week 14
Days on Diet: 96
This Week: 2 lbs
Total Loss: 60 lbs
Left to Lose: 40 lbs

Made it through the holidays without gaining! It wasn't easy, but I did convince my wife to not make a ton of sweets like she usually does.

2XL's are starting to look big on me and one of my 44's are fitting. XL shorts are fitting. I had family buy clothes for Christmas so I have some 44's, 42's and 40's ready to try as I lose more.

Just an FYI I am 6'4" and not a small guy. My bones are huge (none broke yet) When I was younger I was mistaken for a bouncer a couple times. I think I remember wearing 36" when I was in my early 20's but to be honest that has been a few years ago. So where I stop will probably depend on how I feel.

I am feeling great right now, a lot I can do I couldn't before already!

Happy New years!
That's great! Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss