Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times

Advertisements

Wow, that is a lot of money. Glad you found the results that you were looking for. I started taking Thrive three weeks ago and have lost 11 pounds so far. I wasn't really trying to lose weight though. I wanted to take Thrive for the increased energy. For me that was the best thing in the world and my wife loves the fact that I am not falling asleep on the couch after work. Additional benefits I found from taking Thrive was increased mental clarity. As far as weight loss I think the reason that I started losing weight was because so many other things that I was taking, addicted to more or less, I stoped taking when I started using Thrive. I was a two a day RockStar energy drink consumer. About the cheapest I found those are $3 for 2 at the store. I was also running down and getting a candy bar each day for the sugar rush. OK it was because I liked chocolate. Still, because of Thrive I have not had that desire. I also have not had to change my life much at all. No changes that I tried, just changed because I lost the cravings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 11:23 AM

157 posts, read 705,649 times
Thrive sounds like it does exactly what the "Lipo" does from Slim4Life. It's a little expensive I take it? 1-2 pills per day?

Old 04-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
Thrive sounds like it does exactly what the "Lipo" does from Slim4Life. It's a little expensive I take it? 1-2 pills per day?
With Thrive it depends what your goals are. For $100 a month you get a month supply of the pills and the Derma Fusion patches that you wear. For people wanting to lose weight you would spend an extra $100 a month or $200 if you want to take a shake every morning. For me I have found that I was spending that $200 a month allready. I would buy breakfast at work, have my energy drinks, hit up the gift shop for a candy bar. I spend less now for something that is good for me. The cool part about taking Thrive is that if you refer a couple people they give you a free month supply if those people buy. Costly? Maybe. Next month I get mine free so I am OK with that.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:48 PM

If anyone has questions about Thrive message me.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:54 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
So you're going to take Thrive for the rest of your life?

Old 04-14-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
So you're going to take Thrive for the rest of your life?
Hard to tell. It is a young company. Who knows how long they will be in business or if another company will come around with the same or a better delivery method for the product. As it is now I take two pills that are mostly B Vitamins, Niacin, ect. Then a Derma Fusion patch that transfers more vitamins and minerals into my body all day long, then about 30 or 40 minutes after taking the two pills I take the shake on an empty stomach. Im good untill lunch time, other than drinking water before lunch and dinner time. I am thinking that eventually I will drop my weight to where I want it to be and can cut back to a shake every other day. Then again I like the taste of the shakes. They are not considered a meal replacement though. I make them in my blender with a couple bananas, five or six medium sized strawberries, ice, and water. I have considered taking a shake for lunch as well, maily because I don't feel hungry after having one and I love the taste. To me what ever I eat has to taste good.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:58 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Just so's ya know soon2bnsurprise - those pills and the daily shake you're taking are overloading you on B12 to extremes. Just the pills, 2 per day, contain 1667% (that's one thousand, six hundred sixty-seven percent) of the recommended daily amount. You['re also getting 250% folic acid, 150% B6, 145% selenium, 217% chromium - most of these vitamins you will find 100% of your daily amount needed in whatever meals you're eating for lunch and dinner. So you're duplicating vitamins and minerals that you don't actually need, risking illness by taking too much of some.

And that derma fusion patch? Main ingredients are coffee extract (aka caffeine) and white willow bark extract (aka salacylic acid, aka aspirin). I just hope you're not taking blood thinners for a heart condition. You could end up rupturing a vein and bleeding to death.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Just so's ya know soon2bnsurprise - those pills and the daily shake you're taking are overloading you on B12 to extremes. Just the pills, 2 per day, contain 1667% (that's one thousand, six hundred sixty-seven percent) of the recommended daily amount. You['re also getting 250% folic acid, 150% B6, 145% selenium, 217% chromium - most of these vitamins you will find 100% of your daily amount needed in whatever meals you're eating for lunch and dinner. So you're duplicating vitamins and minerals that you don't actually need, risking illness by taking too much of some.

And that derma fusion patch? Main ingredients are coffee extract (aka caffeine) and white willow bark extract (aka salacylic acid, aka aspirin). I just hope you're not taking blood thinners for a heart condition. You could end up rupturing a vein and bleeding to death.
Funny because it seems to be working for me and lots of other people.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:57 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

Not to mention how much money you are spending on it!!! But then again, if you really look at it as a magic pill that actually works and you are willing to take it for the rest of your natural born life and pay that amount, more power to ya!

Old 04-15-2015, 03:35 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Not to mention how much money you are spending on it!!! But then again, if you really look at it as a magic pill that actually works and you are willing to take it for the rest of your natural born life and pay that amount, more power to ya!
He gets it free as long as he gets two referrals a month or week or something - which is probably why he suggested that people PM him for details in a previous post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss