Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,265 times

Advertisements

Joined slim4life yesterday and started 3 day prep today. I have 30 pounds to lose in 10 weeks. I too had some sticker shock but know that it works. My friend lost 62 pounds and my husband has a coworker who lost 35 pounds. I signed up for the full year plan so that I learn how to manage and maintain this plan post weight loss. I need the accountability and advice on handling difficult situations. Thank you for your honest assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 07:32 AM

157 posts, read 705,551 times
Slim4Life Week 16
Days on Diet: 106
This Week: 2 lbs
Total Loss: 62 lbs
Left to Lose: 38 lbs

Baylorgal, if you stick with the plan strictly, it will work. 10 weeks isn't that long at all. Just keep the daily water up, that seems to be one of the most crucial for me at least.

I had about a week again of not losing much, but my waist shrunk and 44s are fitting perfect now. 48s are way too big had to get rid of all but 2 pair and the 2 left are big but still pass 10 step rule. 46s are getting loose. Another 8ish lbs and I will start trying on the 42's I got for Christmas. Taking back some 46's from Christmas for 44's that I had never gotten a chance to try yet.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 AM

157 posts, read 705,551 times
Slim4Life Week 18
Days on Diet: 126
Total Loss: 68 lbs
Left to Lose: 32 lbs

I totally cheated on Super Bowl Sunday! I will probably pay for that for a week or so, but I did plan it and planned around it so hopefully it isn't bad. XL shirts are fitting almost perfect now (from having some 4XL). I tried on a large, probably need to lose another 15-20 lbs before I am happy with how they look. 44's are great, 42's are starting to fit.

My original goal was to lose 90lbs, I have increased that to 100, but I think I am going to press for 110 lbs. We will see!

Old 02-04-2015, 11:55 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
Slim4Life Week 18
Days on Diet: 126
Total Loss: 68 lbs
Left to Lose: 32 lbs

I totally cheated on Super Bowl Sunday! I will probably pay for that for a week or so, but I did plan it and planned around it so hopefully it isn't bad. XL shirts are fitting almost perfect now (from having some 4XL). I tried on a large, probably need to lose another 15-20 lbs before I am happy with how they look. 44's are great, 42's are starting to fit.

My original goal was to lose 90lbs, I have increased that to 100, but I think I am going to press for 110 lbs. We will see!
Great to see your positive progress.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 12,216 times
I am going for consultation this evening. I have friends that have done great and know it costs. However, I am going to try it for a while.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 12,216 times
I lost 75 pounds on my own and have 60 more to go. a year and a half ago I had surgery and have not lost a pound since and have regained 10.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,076 times
I just went today for my nutrition class with slim4life and came out discourage than motivated. I was trying to find and alternative to surgery ( Which my insurance covered @ 80%), but I didn't want to spend 2 to 3 gran out pocket. So I went to slim4life thinking it would be cheaper than surgery. Well come to find out this is going to cost me more the the 2 to 3 grans. According to the program they can only guaranty the weight loss if you buy their products. Their products are not cheap. you will have to by different products through out the week/month. Also they don't mention at the time of signup how much everything will truly cost. Again like I said earlier very discourage and the sad part is there is no refund. So if you are trying to lose weight your best bet will be to find a friend or someone to join you and take baby steps. Watch what you are eating or if have insurance see if they cover bariatrics surgery or weight loss programs. As for me I will have to continue this program since I already paid for it, so wish me luck and I will try to keep you updated on my progress.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:22 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2015 View Post
I just went today for my nutrition class with slim4life and came out discourage than motivated. I was trying to find and alternative to surgery ( Which my insurance covered @ 80%), but I didn't want to spend 2 to 3 gran out pocket. So I went to slim4life thinking it would be cheaper than surgery. Well come to find out this is going to cost me more the the 2 to 3 grans. According to the program they can only guaranty the weight loss if you buy their products. Their products are not cheap. you will have to by different products through out the week/month. Also they don't mention at the time of signup how much everything will truly cost. Again like I said earlier very discourage and the sad part is there is no refund. So if you are trying to lose weight your best bet will be to find a friend or someone to join you and take baby steps. Watch what you are eating or if have insurance see if they cover bariatrics surgery or weight loss programs. As for me I will have to continue this program since I already paid for it, so wish me luck and I will try to keep you updated on my progress.
That sucks that you already paid. I think you should report them to the BBB or something so others won't fall into what you've fallen into. Aside from that, really work that program and get your money's worth!!
Best of luck to you!

Old 02-13-2015, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 6,029 times
Do you have to buy the products? Can't someone join and sign something saying the weight loss is not guarenteed since you are opting out of the suplements? They say the plans are very affordable and from what I keep reading, that is simply untrue.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,935 times
Anyone can lose weight on this program because you are way limited on what you can eat. I lost 15 lbs. last year and spent out of my pocket about $2200 overall on the program. My company picked up the initial $680.00 as part of our wellness program. Honestly you'd be better off just getting a significant friend to be your coach everyday and eat what you would eat on this diet. Talk about bland, it's very bland, lots of protein, I lived on chicken and salad with vinegar dressing and fruit and veggies, very little of each. It was like pulling teeth to get any weight off, I literally had to cut to about 500-600 calories a day to get there. I'm 5'9 and weighed 159 lbs. Got down to 145 and never lost another lb. That's a good weight my my height. I'm now back to 155, it's always 10 lbs I'm trying to lose. The slim snacks did keep me in check for those indulgences that I felt I needed but they are expensive! Would I do it again, NO, and I am really disappointed that KLTY so proudly advertises what is now a $30 program for 30 days, that in no way can be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss