Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 02:13 PM

157 posts, read 705,719 times

Advertisements

Slim4Life Week 21
Days on Diet: 147
This Week: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 75 lbs
Left to Lose: 35 lbs (raising to 110)

I took about 4 days off the diet due to a convention I had to attend which did not make it easy to follow the diet at all, but still going down.

Momma2015
They don't force you to sign up or pay them anything. They give you a sales pitch and even 4+ levels you can start at. It sounds like you had buyers remorse. I knew going in it wasn't going to be cheap, that is also why I started this blog. So when others went in they weren't shocked. Sticker shock is their worst problem. It will work for you, and if you want don't spend any more, but I will say this. It sure beats surgery in my book and I would gladly pay again at this point, purely because it is worth it to finally lose weight I couldn't lose with other diets/plans I tried. I am smarter now and probably would have taken a lower plan (suggest it to new people, the higher plans don't do much for you).

DCCollins
Yeah, that is my only gripe to be honest is the "$30 for 30 days" and their "$99 all services included". If they didn't act shady to get you in the door it would be a fantastic plan.

To answer you oma2014, yes you can. If you tell them you only want to spend a set amount of money they will work around it. Just takes longer.

When I initially signed up I agreed to the 2nd highest level. Initial was around $680(plan was $440 and I bought extra snacks and vitamins), then I paid $600 for the 2nd and 3rd month(including snacks and food for me). On the 4th I told them I had to back down and they were very understanding and didn't give me a hard time. I am probably paying around $200/mo now and still losing, just slowed down some.

I also only go in about once or twice a week now and told them as such. I believe I have "broke" my contract but the only thing that does is they wont give you "Free" counseling after your promise date, but I "earned" 3 more weeks with special incentives they have like coming in and weighing before and after Christmas.

I also have gotten smarter with their "specials". Every Wednesday they come out with a new special. Usually it involves buying bulk but you save in the long run. IE Snack bars are like $17 a box but you can get 6 for $80 as a special.

Last edited by sirdevan; 02-25-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 AM

2 posts, read 12,545 times
Good luck. Don't pay attention to negative people. Either they are skinny. Never had to lose weight. Don't care how the feel or look. And don't understand that there is no price for self esteem.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:27 AM

2 posts, read 12,545 times
All businesses use a marketing gimmick to get people in. All of them. Kids eat free. Advertising a car on the lot that is "sold" when you get there. Its the way the world goes around. If you ate over 18 you know that walking in. Please keep us posted on your progress. My husband and I want to go.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,261 times
WoW. This is interesting. I too wondered about that place.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:02 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Love hearing the progress!!

Old 03-13-2015, 04:08 PM

I have been working out a lot more, but last week I didn't follow the plan very well. Real life plus freezing weather got in the way and I had ran out of several things.

I picked them up yesterday and I am continuing. I haven't lost any since last update but I am still doing fine. I am sure with the extra workouts I may gain a little muscle weight. 44's are comfortable fit now, 42's are close. I said that last time but realized only a couple of my 44's were comfortable.

I am now running for 35 minutes per workout and doing minimal weights. I plan to add rowing to my next workout on top of the rest.

I still go in once a week (except for last week).

Last edited by sirdevan; 03-13-2015 at 04:18 PM..

Old 03-13-2015, 05:02 PM

5,828 posts, read 4,168,001 times
Congrats on the weight loss!

Anyone can chime in on this, but I'm curious: What's the plan after "diets" like this end? Do you continue on the same plan you are on?

Old 03-17-2015, 10:17 AM

Well, to be honest, the thing I like about this "plan" is that it has taught me a better way to eat. I know most people just think it's "drop fast food" and "stop eating fat" or "no sodas" but it's more than that.

This plan includes something they call maintenance. So, for 6 months after I have lost my goal weight they will help maintain the loss and monitor what I eat as much as I want them to and help guide me. They also let me slowly add things (one per week) that were "no no"s like pork and pastas etc.

Slim 4 Life works, but they are like any other business and they want to make money, so even on the maintenance they want you to continue with some of their supplements, but they also do more than most "diet plans" and try to help keep it off, not just get you there and let you call them back in 6 months to lose the weight again.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 16,808 times
I am so happy to have found this blog! I just joined S4L and I too went to the Plano location. I spoke to Chris as well. Sirdevan, thank you so much for sharing your experience on the plan. I am wrapping up day 1of the prep phase. I bought the higher plan that includes the supplements and I am very excited about losing weight. The counselors so far have been very friendly and helpful and are there to answer any of my questions. Please continue to post your updates...it is very encouraging! I will keep everyone updated as well. I am on deck to lose 70 lbs. Best wishes and blessings!!!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 16,808 times
Ok, so 9 days in, I'm down 15 lbs!! Very happy about that part, but I will admit that it's getting tricky trying to have different meals. I'm getting a bit tired of food with not much flavor, but I will state that I have added more vegetables to my meals than before starting S4L. I think because of all the water and drink mixes, I don't feel nearly as hungry as I used to, so it makes it hard to get in all the required meals. I hope it doesn't slow down my metabolism causing the weight loss to slow as well. I have dealt with a bit of constipation and that part is not so cool. During the prep phase I consumed a LOT of beef! As much as I love steak, at this time, I dont want anymore...lol. I have plans to go to Benihana's to celebrate my father's birthday, but after speaking with S4L, I'm very limited on the things I can have. I really want to stick to this and not fall off even for a day with eating something "bad" for me, but we'll just have to see how things turn out. I am continuing with all the pills which sometimes cause me to feel nauseated and also makes me not want to eat very much, however, that feeling doesn't last long, thank goodness. Sirdevan, looking forward to your latest progress report. I hope all is still going well for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss