Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,329,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat63 View Post
For those of you who felt the need to inject non constructive posts, what is wrong with you? Did it make you feel better about yourself tearing down another?
In my experience, this is a great forum for 16-year-old boys who want to pump up, or the skinny new mother who wants to lose the 10 pounds she gained during pregnancy. For constructive dialogue among people who understand the nature and behavior of people with eating disorders, there are better resources available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 04:22 PM

3 posts, read 4,413 times
I have wondered about this plan for a while....I hear about it daily on the radio! After seeing reviews like this and seeing the actual cost, I decided to try to really watch what I eat and exercise. For a fraction of the cost of this program, I bought 21 Day Fix which is a 30 min. workout each day and it uses color-coded containers to help you learn portion control and what you should be eating. In the 1st round I lost 17 pounds, and I followed the plan 100% the first time. I have lost 40 pounds so far and have more energy than I've had in a LONG time. Planning to continue, as I still have 30 pounds to go. Its a long road and a frustrating one, but worth it in the end. Everyone who WANTS to lose weight, CAN! Just have to find what works for YOU! Best of luck to you. KM

Old 08-04-2015, 05:03 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller74 View Post
I have wondered about this plan for a while....I hear about it daily on the radio! After seeing reviews like this and seeing the actual cost, I decided to try to really watch what I eat and exercise. For a fraction of the cost of this program, I bought 21 Day Fix which is a 30 min. workout each day and it uses color-coded containers to help you learn portion control and what you should be eating. In the 1st round I lost 17 pounds, and I followed the plan 100% the first time. I have lost 40 pounds so far and have more energy than I've had in a LONG time. Planning to continue, as I still have 30 pounds to go. Its a long road and a frustrating one, but worth it in the end. Everyone who WANTS to lose weight, CAN! Just have to find what works for YOU! Best of luck to you. KM
Glad you saved your money and did the hard work. Congrats!
I don't know if I could do video workouts. In the past when I tried (back a la Richard Simmons lmao)! I would get too sweaty and hated it.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,360 times
I did it in 2009 l was 150 lb. I lost 25 lb while I was on plan. I kept it off for several months, BUT as soon as I got off the drinks, pills and diet plan... all of the weight came back. So I guess it could be used for special occasions like wedding, graduation and other events if you plan at least 3 months ahead. I hate to admit it, but it does work and you will get to your target weight. Keeping the weight off totally depends on your will-power. One thing that concerns me is the pills they use, I wonder if they are safe for heart health?

Old 09-02-2015, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,170 times
I am new here. I just want to say that slim4life worked wonders for me. Yes it was pricey,but I have a very slow metabolism and this is the only program that worked for me. I left the program after I lost my job. I am getting ready to go back on it. I learned alot about eating healthy and everyone in the KC office was very nice.
I am sure that there are some that this program did not work for. But everyone is different....thats why there are so many plans out there. I need the support and accountability...and I get it there. I am a stress eater...thats just the way I am...I never had a weight problem until I hit my 40's. I developed fibromyalgia and that is some of my problem. My Dr has no big issues w/this plan. So...don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,009 times
I'd like to thank the gentleman that started this post. I'm in the same boat he was in, needing to lose about 90 pounds. I really appreciate all of the information provided. It has inspired me to put down the Dr Pepper and start the journey into getting healthy.

I'm not sure if I'll use slim4life or not. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. I may even start my own thread to show my progress!

Old 10-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhouse85 View Post
Do not pay all that money for this plan, I just posted a thread about how I lost 27lbs in 30days and over in 3 months I went from 244 down to 174lbs just by taking two products; I spent $120 and the company has a money back guarantee. You will loose weight fast! And they list all the ingredients so you know exactly what is going into your body. You don't have to starve yourself and one of the product is a natural appetite suppressant, so if you were like me, eating a lot of carbs and eating too much then this product will crush all of that. If you want more information you can email me vickyh717@yahoo.com; I will answer any questions you may have. Now that I have lost the weight, I really want to help others get to their goals as well!
Go away and learn how to spell L O S E before you go around suggesting ways to how to L O S E weight!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,824 times
Smile Response

SIRDEVAN*****I hate that a person keeps saying what they are saying about it being a crock regarding taking pills this is your blog/story and I am interested and do not think judging should even be something they bring up about the program. I think you have lost more than them and that person needs to back off.

I am reading your blogs for motivation and want you to keep posting. Please do not let them discourage you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
I said in my post I didn't agree with some of the pills or their statement on their bars. I have already backed off some of their supplements and I don't have any of their bars, haven't for a week. Though they keep telling me I really need them.

I understand their system, I understand they want to make as much money as possible. It's the reason I give the diet plan 7 out of 10, but I will say it is teaching me how to eat right and included in the horrendous money I spent is a year of maintenance/counseling after I lose the weight to keep from gaining it back and you are most likely right, after I am done they will want me to keep taking 5+ of the pills per day to "maintain", but my goal is to ween myself off the supplements and only take what I feel is really helping.

I already told them the Slim 700 sounds like a crock. EFA's arent' bad for you, but they do have me taking a ton of those. I will probably drop them down. I think taking 9 a day is a bit excessive to say the least. That pill alone will run you $65/month at that rate. Their Lipo pill is outrageous at $150/bottle but lasts about 90 days at first but they push you to take 2/day dropping it to 45 days.

I have come to the conclusion S4L is an MLM basically that is based off of a great plan, with huge marketing. At this point I would still suggest the plan to people that just can't lose weight, but just give them warnings on how it works and not to take the $600plan when the $199 plan is the same thing without the supplements or "6 month maintenance" package. You can purchase whatever pills/snacks/drinks/bars you want separately and keep an eye out for their 20-30% off deals if you want to use their supplements. I do believe some of the supplements are actually helping.

I know it's easy to say "just eat right" but if that was all it was this country wouldn't be one of the worst for obesity.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:22 AM

How is SirDevan doing on the program?

Old 11-23-2015, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,687 times
I've been on the plan for several months, working with Chris at the Plano location. I have lost 60 lbs. My original goal was 70 lbs, but I realized I was small enough and wanted to maintain there. I lost what was expected. I had a few rabbit trails, dietary speaking, I got married, went on a cruise, celebrated several events. When I ate off plan, my weight flat lined, or increased. When I stayed on plan, I lost consistently.
During the losing phase, the diet is extremely restrictive! But not impossible, not even difficult. BTW, fast food options: wendys garden salad and add a chicken breast, most places you can have a salad (hold the dressing, nuts, anything crunchy...), if you want a burger remove the bun. restaurants in general add salt, fat and have HUGE portions. S4L will help you with recommendations on how to order and a few places to eat that have good options.
The plan is a little pricey. But honestly, I have spent much more money on smaller clothes than I have on the program. The supplements are the most expensive part - use some common sense and use what you think is best for you! But definitely, take the supplements in the first month, then as you need to refill, consider what works best for you.
The biggest part of the plan is the accountability of writing down (honestly and completely) everything you put in your mouth, and sharing that with your counselor.
Can you do it on your own? Anyone can, but I needed the structure of writing it down and accountability of discussing it.
I ran into a little problem in my maintenance phase. I got too relaxed about what I was eating. So, I am back on plan (I plan to drop 10 before by mid December). I can do it thanks to what I learned at S4L!
If you are anything like me, you have been 'fluffy' more than not and you have years (for me at least 4 decades) to bad habits to reprogram.
You can do it. You need to do it for yourself, your health, happiness, spouse and kids. The new you will be very different, you will have energy that you would not imagine today.
Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss