Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:58 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I read that pork is a no, what can you eat on their plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 12:49 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Okay, so I read that pork is a no, what can you eat on their plan?
Chicken? Fish? Steak? Burger? Legumes? Nuts?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:22 PM

3 posts, read 16,803 times
No pork, but you can have chicken, fish, beef. No beans or peas, but most veggies, minus corn. Nothing canned, except tuna, which is limited to once a week. You can have fruit as well. Depending on the meal plan, which is tailored to your needs, you would find out how many proteins, starches, fruits, and amount of fat you can have in your diet. All in all, for me, it has helped me to eat a more balanced diet and I find that I get really full off the meals I have each day, even to the point that it is getting harder each day to get all the required foods. So far, so good. Almost 20lbs lost in 2 weeks!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:01 PM

157 posts, read 705,491 times
Sounds great so far! I have been smack in the middle of renovations to my house to prep for selling and packing so it has been very difficult to keep up. Mainly not drinking near enough water and having a bit of fast food here and there just because our kitchen was out of commission.

I will get back on track soonish, but probably not for another month. I am not gaining, but not really losing much either.

The constipation can be an issue, mainly because you are giving your body what it needs and not a ton of junk. Make sure you keep the fat intake going (I added a little bit more light mayo and butter on veggies daily here and there to help and it does help). You might look into some fibre supplement as well. They sell one but there are plenty out there.

You will most likely avg 5 lbs a week for a little bit, don't be discouraged by any slowdowns. 15lbs is amazing!

Old 03-30-2015, 01:57 PM

light mayo in sandwiches, butter on the veggies! just in case that was confusing. =)

Old 03-30-2015, 04:03 PM

sjack77 - concerning the pills making you not feel well. I never had any major issues, but I noticed if I didn't eat within 30 mins of taking the (pre-meal) pills I would have some uneasiness that I usually took for a craving or hunger. What I found is make sure you eat within 30 mins, and one of the counselors said to make sure it is no more than 30 and can be as little as 15 minutes prior to eating. You might try dropping to 20 mins and see if that helps?

Of course I am assuming it is the pre-meal and not the post.

I have even cheated on the pork here and there (I can't turn down my wife's famous ribs!!) but the main reason here is pork is a fattier/saltier protein than most others.

sjack77 - Steaming chicken and fish works very well. I also steam all my vegetables. I just add some spices for flavor. I also started using jalapeno mustard on chicken sandwiches. I am not a fan of mustard but this tastes pretty good for flavor and it isn't against the diet and no real limitation on it either.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:46 PM

Slim4Life Week 25
This Week: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 80 lbs
Left to Lose: 30 lbs

It's been 6 months now! Finally hit another marker. 80lbs lost! Feels pretty good. I doubt I will lose much more in the next 2 months as it's getting more crazy with packing, staging, selling, buying, but still doing my best to watch things when I can.

I am wearing 42's fine now, dropping a few of my 46's as they are huge, 44's are getting a bit baggy now and a couple 40's are starting to fit. I am still wearing XL shirts, but all of them are fine now and Larges are about 10 lbs away from looking fine. I have very large shoulders/chest so some large's may never be perfect.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:31 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Awesome! Very inspiring!!

Old 04-02-2015, 07:01 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
I think you're doing an awesome job! Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:59 AM

Slim4Life Week 26
This Week: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 85 lbs
Left to Lose: 25 lbs

So, this week is somewhat of an ending for me with Slim4life. The contract I signed with them was to lose 90 lbs in 26 weeks. I lost 85lbs and I believe I would have easily lost 95 if I had stuck to exactly everything they said, but due to real life and possibly my own lack of complete will power I didn't quite make it.

I will go in for my final weigh in and see what they say. Technically the "guarantee" is probably void as the contract they made me sign was pretty strict and I definitely didn't go in 3x a week every week. Only once a week the past 6ish weeks.

I will let you know!

I am wearing 40's now. 38's are too tight to be comfortable. I figure 15lbs will put me there. So, I started this venture wearing 54's and had just started buying 4XL in shirts. 14" on waist gone and wearing only XL I feel pretty good.

I would say I spent around $2,500 to $3,000 for food, supplements, snacks etc in a 6 month period. I heard someone say not too long ago if it cost that much why not just do surgery. I am so completely glad I didn't do surgery. Too many complications and you don't learn how to eat right.

If I had it to do again all over would I? In a heartbeat. Sure, I might change some things, be more mindful about different things and I could have saved close to $1k, but I chaulk it up to a learning experience with the added benefit of great results!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss