Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 06:40 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,079,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhakaia View Post
Can you post a link to this announcement? thanks.

"After consulting with Tarrant County Health officials, Keller ISD is joining other area school districts in extending our emergency closure through Friday, April 17, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19."

This was from an email but you can check district web sites...kellerisd.net is ours.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,219,204 times
Crowley ISD is closed and doing distance learning until further notice. I think that the announcement is much more realistic.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Crowley ISD is closed and doing distance learning until further notice. I think that the announcement is much more realistic.
Agree. I mean, let's face it. This school year isn't getting back to normal.

I've checked about a dozen DFW ISD web sites and everyone has either gone to "indefinitely" or April 17 except Plano ISD, which is operating on a week to week delay.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:55 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,818,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Agree. I mean, let's face it. This school year isn't getting back to normal.

I've checked about a dozen DFW ISD web sites and everyone has either gone to "indefinitely" or April 17 except Plano ISD, which is operating on a week to week delay.
FISD still 4/3

Is there a website I can see what cities/counties in DFW are getting CV?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post

Is there a website I can see what cities/counties in DFW are getting CV?
https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...fe8b9640bcb4a7

Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 PM

451 posts, read 320,905 times
John - This is a great post. Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it. It clearly shows us where each one of us may be lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Market Street opens at 7am now, senior only hours in theory are from 7 to 9am M-Th, They define senior as 60 +. It started as 50+ but was upped a week ago. They do not enforce the seniors only rule and there were maybe 20 to 25 people there at opening. I know what i want and get out the door in less than 15 minutes if the line to check out is not too long. They do not have self checkout which I prefer.

I get out maybe 3 times a week. Twice for groceries, mostly fresh salad kits and veggies and a few frozen items. Since feb 29 wife has been out once to a critical Dr visit and not been out the door since nor planning to anytime soon.

We have done take out, which I picked up three times. I wash when I get back home, wash again after I touch the food packages but before I handle the food itself. I do this even if the item was bought some time ago or even frozen. I prefer the pick up food options where they bring the food to me in my var rather than go inside.

We stopped our maid from coming, though we still pay her I had my HVAC guy in this week to add freon as required by one unti annually and to check the other unties. Wife stayed in another wing of house while he was here and did not go to areas he had been in for 4 hours after he left. We wiped down the limited areas he touched when in here. He kept his distance from me, over 6 feet is the rule I use for my home and when out shopping. His wife has Diabetes so he is cautious and conscience of separation too. Church is live streaming ana overall we are doing pretty well with limited cabin fever. I do get out in the yard as sun rise to mow and trim etc a couple of times a week for 1 to 2 hours each time.

We wipe down car handles and door handles each time I come in through garage as my hands have not been washed before I touch the handles. I go so early no one touches my car handles but wife feels safer if I wipe them so I do. I expect out practices might evolve as we learn more about this new virus.

We sure live in interesting times.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:58 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,818,703 times
How often are pple honestly going grocery shopping or leaving house for small errands??

Old 03-28-2020, 07:31 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,245,646 times
We stocked up before there were any calls for isolation, and we bought about 1-2 months worth of stuff at that time. We've only had to go to the store once since then, and we bought about 2 weeks worth of stuff. We'll try to stick to a two week schedule for groceries, we're not running any other errands. I also had to go to Petsmart to buy some dog food... We get a scheduled delivery from Chewy.com, but they were running over a week late, so our dog wouldn't have had food for two days so I was forced to go out for that. I upped our regular order from 2 24lb bags to 3 to cut down on the number of deliveries. We did buy a big bulk order of things from Amazon that we needed. Bought some things for various projects around the house, as that's what I'll be spending most of my free time on. Also got pool supplies, chemicals, etc, so we could keep the pool maintained ourselves for the season, as we anticipate we'll be outside in the backyard most of the time for the next couple months. We've got 4 full propane tanks for grilling, that should last the entire year and then some.

Only other trip I've made out has been to ride my motorcycle alone in the country. We haven't done it yet, but our local Olive Garden does take-out and will bring it to your car, so we may do that if we get tired of eating the same old stuff, plus we also want to help local business if we can. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:34 AM

123 posts, read 174,161 times
Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a ‘big mistake'

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...scientist-says

Last edited by zhappybird; 03-28-2020 at 07:47 AM..

Old 03-28-2020, 07:56 AM

227 posts, read 223,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a ‘big mistake'

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...scientist-says

Thanks for the the info. I had been telling everyone about it . There must be a reason that in China we saw the authorities cracking down on people who were outside without masks.

In the rest of the world , we are being told its no big deal . Masks are only to be worn by the sick. When someone is asymptomatic, they dont know and can spread germs without knowing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas